E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

It's here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a call this morning from the dealer to say our 530D has arrived.

We won't be collecting it until next Wednesday due to various reasons, but I was wondering if there was anything in particular we should ask/check when taking delivery.

Also, is it worth getting the service/maintenance inclusive package?

Any advice from you guys who have been through this process already much appreciated ...
Old 06-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Jun 6 2005, 02:18 PM
Got a call this morning from the dealer to say our 530D has arrived.?

We won't be collecting it until next Wednesday due to various reasons, but I was wondering if there was anything in particular we should ask/check when taking delivery.

Any advice from you guys who have been through this process already much appreciated ...
[snapback]136647[/snapback]

ask them for a list of all options which can be pre-set by the computer. (Mirror folding, lights, alarm etc)
Old 06-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Jun 6 2005, 02:18 PM
Got a call this morning from the dealer to say our 530D has arrived.?

[snapback]136647[/snapback]

Congratulations ! Ask them for a list of all options which can be pre-set by the computer. (Mirror folding, lights, alarm etc)
Old 06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

congrats, drcarrera ! i know you are very excited but if you do a search, there will be more info . check the exterior and interior. make sure there is no scratches, dings and paint problems. don't forget to post some pics later. we all like pics .
Old 06-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

in fact, it's in the faq forum .
Old 06-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jun 6 2005, 10:17 PM
in fact, it's in the faq forum .
[snapback]136824[/snapback]
Cheers! UltrPlanet's check list in that thread is pretty comprehensive!

Can any of you UK guys confirm whether the glovebox torch is still included as standard?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

sadly you'll have to buy one if you want one (app ?15)...i did (how sad) not used it but i like knowing its there if i need it
Old 06-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:16 PM
sadly you'll have to buy one if you want one (app ?15)...i did (how sad) not used it but i like knowing its there if i need it?
[snapback]137057[/snapback]
Or I might "forget" to leave it in the car we're trading in ...
Old 06-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:47 PM
[quote name='northernmonkey' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:16 PM']sadly you'll have to buy one if you want one (app ?15)...i did (how sad) not used it but i like knowing its there if i need it?
[snapback]137057[/snapback]
Or I might "forget" to leave it in the car we're trading in ...
[snapback]137068[/snapback]
[/quote]

ah...you didn't say you HAD one...in that case...keep it!!! i kept one from car i traded in