E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Tailgate wiring harness replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
AJH
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Shazbuck! 15,000 views
Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: MY05 E61 535dA

Originally Posted by Etienne76
Speaking about this issue (tail window self opening, anti-freeze not working anymore, ...), it's now happening to mine also.

I passed by my BMW dealer, and the guy told me that there is a new existing wiring replacement kit (for a few months now), in replacement of an old expensive one. Price is around 60 to 80 euros, as far as he is remembering.

The installation is done by welding the wires. it's not a plug and play stuff. The guy told me that they use to charge one day manpower for the installation. I'll have mine done in a few weeks time, at the next maintenance appointment.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Update?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:17 AM
New Members

Hi all,

I am new here. I have also one E61 from 2004 with the same problem - cutted wires in the rear doors.
Some wires are allready repaired, but I have still problem with my radio - FM signal get lost sometimes.
Probably the coaxial cable has bad soldered connection and I should repair it again, but the problem is, that the cable is not enough long.

My question: is it posible to extend the coaxial cable somehow? with other coaxial cable?, but I am not sure about the resistance of the cable. Normally the antena cable has 50ohm. Is it valid also in this case? Has somebody try to extend the cable?

Note: sorry for my eng...is bad...very bad , I hope you will understend what I want to say

Thanks
BR
Edo
Old 01-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by Etienne76
Speaking about this issue (tail window self opening, anti-freeze not working anymore, ...), it's now happening to mine also.

I passed by my BMW dealer, and the guy told me that there is a new existing wiring replacement kit (for a few months now), in replacement of an old expensive one. Price is around 60 to 80 euros, as far as he is remembering.

The installation is done by welding the wires. it's not a plug and play stuff. The guy told me that they use to charge one day manpower for the installation. I'll have mine done in a few weeks time, at the next maintenance appointment.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Have you already brought her in for maintenance? We're itching for more info!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 535D touring with M-Sport paket

Originally Posted by Theo
Have you already brought her in for maintenance? We're itching for more info!
Sorry guys, not yet !

But I'll keep you informed, don't worry !
Old 03-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Members

Thanks all for the DIY replacing the harness! I used Heatshrink butt connectors from maplin but forgot to test if there was any power. I get the damn License plate right light failure thing again! Checked the voltage as far as I could on the loom (next to the speaker) and no juice... As i don't have a diagram for the Fuse boxes I had to check all the 5/7.5/10A fuses and all are ok (If anyone has a diagram for a E61 2004 530D UK please help!

So since nothing worked to solve the License plate light faiilure I checked several online WDS and all are incomplete and do not show the License plate diagram... Even if they would I doubt I could manage to check the whole loom as it is not easily accessible...

If anyone has a clue !!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Members

I ended this nightmare by connecting the right bulb to the left one. It turns on and off as it would normally but i will remove this setup until the next MOT in case it overheats. Still get that annoying message on the Dashboard/Idrive but it passed the MOT. (it's a fail otherwise)

If anyone has a copy of a 530D E61 pre lci Fuse box setup please send a pic

Also anyone heard of a retrofit harness being sold by the stealer?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Members

My Ride: MY05 E61 535dA

Originally Posted by mmarco50
I ended this nightmare by connecting the right bulb to the left one. It turns on and off as it would normally but i will remove this setup until the next MOT in case it overheats. Still get that annoying message on the Dashboard/Idrive but it passed the MOT. (it's a fail otherwise)

If anyone has a copy of a 530D E61 pre lci Fuse box setup please send a pic

Also anyone heard of a retrofit harness being sold by the stealer?
Dealer retrofitted replacement harness in my 05 E61 535d. Everything works since then.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530D Touring MSport Navi professional, HUD, bicolour leather sport seats, BT integrated, automatic transmission, panorama roof.
Model Year: 2006

Does anyone have a part number for this wiring harness retrofit kit?
The following users liked this post:
FMLYWGN (12-04-2020)
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 530D

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...78&hg=61&fg=10

Quick Reply: Tailgate wiring harness replacement??