E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Evan's E61 Build: Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
.... a sea of beige
The beige SEA is sort of blinding... like the desert....

Not sure what you're seats look like but a nice touch could be the BMW seat covers. I have them and they're black with "BMW" in the upper backrest. The bottom covers the whole seat and the backrest is a contoured center section with the bolsters left uncovered. Could look cool but I'd test first before committing $.

Depends on how much else is going black. I have "natural brown leather seats and door inserts but everything else is black except the "light poplar" trim and shifter. I'm surprised the shifter is only an "option" and not included in the trim choice, kind of goofy to be an option considering it looks exactly how it "should".

I love all of the trim and interior color combo but would really like to have the pillars and ceiling done in black suede/alcantara. I priced it at one place that was WAY $$$ and did find another that was maybe in the $1000 range.

The first place claimed it's "impossible" to remove sunroof or mechanism or something without damaging it and thus a lot of the expense was replacement parts for the pano-roof mechanicals. ??? BS or do I just need a better shop?
Old 05-08-2015, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Evan, I take it since you've bought the Morimoto ballast, it must be a quality brand. I had gotten the Impression from reading Candlepower forums though that it is poor quality pushed by this company called The Retrofit Source. The mods on that forum really put it down all the time. I don't know if they have a vested interest or what. Thoughts?

Mini Morimoto Junk
Old 05-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Evan, I take it since you've bought the Morimoto ballast, it must be a quality brand. I had gotten the Impression from reading Candlepower forums though that it is poor quality pushed by this company called The Retrofit Source. The mods on that forum really put it down all the time. I don't know if they have a vested interest or what. Thoughts?

Mini Morimoto Junk
My personal experience with them has been positive. Their products work well but their customer service is outstanding. I had an issue with one of their wiring harnesses and it was addressed promptly and I got to keep the faulty harness (great for misc parts and connectors).

Most of their products are fairly priced relative to their competition and their "close out" section has some incredible deals.

Although not flawless I have nothing bad to say about them.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: Miata Starion Forester

Their LED fog light bulbs are ridiculous. They're local, so I've ran up in the mountains and have resigned to running behind them from just how blindingly bright the lights are.

Also, what's the plans for those Work Meisters - or are the SSR's?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stormhammer
Their LED fog light bulbs are ridiculous. They're local, so I've ran up in the mountains and have resigned to running behind them from just how blindingly bright the lights are.

Also, what's the plans for those Work Meisters - or are the SSR's?
Good eye, they are SSR SP1s

...and they are for my girlfriend's Prius

Old 05-13-2015, 03:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535i xdrive, white, premium

Great thread and I've only made it through the first 4 pages. Could anyone save me some time and help me understand where you get the SAT flash done? Thank you!
Old 05-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by srogers535x
Great thread and I've only made it through the first 4 pages. Could anyone save me some time and help me understand where you get the SAT flash done? Thank you!
I did it myself.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by srogers535x
I believe if you can't find someone local to you, there are vendors that rent the cable to you for a fee, then remotely code the car for you, or maybe even out of state enthusiasts I've heard do that too.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:56 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535i xdrive, white, premium

Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
I did it myself.
Where did you go to download the programs? Will they work on a macbook?
Old 05-15-2015, 07:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Computer compatibility varies on what programs you are trying to run. I used WinKFP for the SAT flash, is part of BMW Standard Tools, a group of various BMW coding and diagnostic programs, needs Windows XP to operate.

Some people with newer computers will run XP through an emulator. I chose to use my old HP laptop, cleared all it's data, and now it only runs my BMW related programs.

BMW Coding Forum is a great resrouce.

Evan

Quick Reply: Evan's E61 Build: Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All