E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

CID removed, getting ready to remove the M-ask unit.

M-ak unit with Audison Bitone processor controller.

Removing M-Ask unit

M-Ask trim removed

Getting ready to install CIC.

CIC install, its basically PLUG AND PLAY.

European FM radio( Before Coding)

Test fitting the CIC.

This where you have to cut if you want to fit the new controller, I dont recommend going that route.

As you can see a new shifter trim is needed because of the gap with the LCI Center trim.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Originally Posted by nelson29
I will be installing it tomorrow, the install takes about 20 minutes. Wish me luck on the coding. I still think theres little interest due to the cost. Hopefully if everything goes accordingly they will be more people willing to do it. Like Technic told me earlier, its gonna be a nice upgrade from me because im upgrading from a non-navi idrive.
Oh definately interested! I think there will be a road trip in my near future!!!

Has someone with Pre-lci completed this? I am looking to do my 2007 550i... want to see it done though...
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by dentity
Oh definately interested! I think there will be a road trip in my near future!!!

Has someone with Pre-lci completed this? I am looking to do my 2007 550i... want to see it done though...
Nelson's is a pre lci!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Looking good Nelson! Sorry that you had many leftover part. I am sure Garry will help out on this one to get at least some of your money back.

Let me know how you get on in day to day use of the new system. Do you find the changeover worth the cost and effort? take the Sat-nav out of the equation... is the retrofit worth it then?

As I have stated in the past, i find the current CCC system (LCI) very slow to use... would like to know how this one feels in comparison.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

+1 ... Not only he's on pre-LCI amazingly he started w/o Navigation ... great job Nelson !!!

Originally Posted by skeeter
Nelson's is a pre lci!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
Looking good Nelson! Sorry that you had many leftover part. I am sure Garry will help out on this one to get at least some of your money back.

Let me know how you get on in day to day use of the new system. Do you find the changeover worth the cost and effort? take the Sat-nav out of the equation... is the retrofit worth it then?

As I have stated in the past, i find the current CCC system (LCI) very slow to use... would like to know how this one feels in comparison.

The CIC is AWESOME. Definitely worth it. To be honest this was the easiest retrofit ive done. Like i said earlier everything was pretty much PLUG and PLAY. Beats retrofitting the Lci headlights and installing an audio sysytem. The best part of the project was seeing the coding session, learned a lot of how everything works.

I specifically choose not to buy my car with the CCC because i didnt like it, i felt it was outdated. The CIC is so much better in every way. The HD screen is awesome, the interface is very smooth. I have not played a lot with the sat-nav but just by browsing the menus i can tell is a lot better than the CCC.You can also upload music in the HD. I think if you're keeping the car for another 2 or more years is definitely worth the upgrade. Im still not feeling the F10 and the only i really like is the CIC/interior.

For those still on the fence because of the costs, its can be done for $2400-$2600.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

So the coding takes care of the map updates... the system works 100% like the 2010 models? Would there any limitations?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Contributors

any pics with the install complete?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Working on the pics, was still coding some extra features with Patryk. Give me 30 min.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Dension 500

Gap issue with AC console, Thats only because i have a pre-lci. LCI owners will not have this issue. Is not as bad as it looks, will replace it when i find a deal on a used one.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG