E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Singh Tune e60 M5 before and after

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009 | 08:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by fastdad' post='1055673' date='Nov 15 2009, 11:24 PM
rab dog thanks for the imput i see were your coming from..its great to have that competitve nature ive also been there this is my 3rd tune on my car
i am also trying to find what is the best for the m5 out there..we all wanna be fast!! so when i heard about the singh tune from vince i spent the $$$ want the most out of the e60 m5 same reason why i spent the $$ on the RPI HEADERS best on the market right?? my car should have beaten you then just by the tune
SINCE IT DIDNT.. are u telling me im waisting my$$ on this singh tune?? wanna know what you think two years over 13o dyno pulls that says alot! about you
u seen it all.my car ran agains your..do you think the singh tune is going on the negative direction? do you think the singh tune after all the post and the run on saturday.. is the singh tune false?? saw the video didnt see the 120 mph 5 to 6 cars away..no doubt yo cars is fast..but let eurorev finish the install on the headers..AND RUN IT AGAIN? that should clear things up like you said were two of a kind..be interesting what the outcome would be win or loose.some one gets the bragging rights think it be cool to do!! IF you want to if not ALL GOOD gonna stick with your advice and stick with RPI

Joe, you need to go full RPi (exhaust/headers/oil cooler/block off plates) and get BMC air filter (can't believe you still have stock ones).
Old 11-16-2009 | 09:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fastdad' post='1055673' date='Nov 15 2009, 11:24 PM
rab dog thanks for the imput i see were your coming from..its great to have that competitve nature ive also been there this is my 3rd tune on my car
i am also trying to find what is the best for the m5 out there..we all wanna be fast!! so when i heard about the singh tune from vince i spent the $$$ want the most out of the e60 m5 same reason why i spent the $$ on the RPI HEADERS best on the market right?? my car should have beaten you then just by the tune
SINCE IT DIDNT.. are u telling me im waisting my$$ on this singh tune?? wanna know what you think two years over 13o dyno pulls that says alot! about you
u seen it all.my car ran agains your..do you think the singh tune is going on the negative direction? do you think the singh tune after all the post and the run on saturday.. is the singh tune false?? saw the video didnt see the 120 mph 5 to 6 cars away..no doubt yo cars is fast..but let eurorev finish the install on the headers..AND RUN IT AGAIN? that should clear things up like you said were two of a kind..be interesting what the outcome would be win or loose.some one gets the bragging rights think it be cool to do!! IF you want to if not ALL GOOD gonna stick with your advice and stick with RPI

Fast Dad I don't think you have wasted your Money on the tune, but maybe just on the exhaust set up your are currently running just my Opinion!! In all honesty I would luv to try the Singh tune on my car to see if it really does create more power than my current ESS 2.0 tune im running. If I were you have the Euro Rev guys take your car to RPI and have it dyno'd before and after your headers to give you a real perspective of how much power you are currently putting down and after the headers if your car is actually making more power than my car. Then there will be no need to even run again since Eloy has all my cars Dyno information RPI dyno does not Lie!! haha RPI is only 20-min from ER so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Good Luck Buddy and i'm eager to see the results, since i want more power as well!!!
Old 11-16-2009 | 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by FlyM5' post='1055668
I dont think its going in the wrong direction. Im skeptical but thats normal and thats healthy because we all want to know whats going on there. In the end, as you can see, the dyno number is only a number because you can see from the video what 482whp on a dynojet vs. 426whp on our dyno the way we run it is. I have tried countless amount of tunes from different companies (we have an m5 for the shop also) and we went from tune to tune and I can tell you this. All the good ones are very similar with advantages only being minor. Me being anal, I go for all the little details too. I spoke with Jags on sat and he said we can get 80-90hp from tuning the M5 so Im anxious to see it for myself. If we can even get another 30whp on Rabdogs car, we are gonna ask for a rematch on that dinan stroker car.
Old 11-16-2009 | 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hey Eloy, I thought that Hotdog's car was putting out around 440rwhp? I remember at one point it made 470 and then for some reason it went back down to 440. That was with the Powerchip tune. Then he tried the ESS v2 tune and had some issues but it was rectified by ESS so how come the number now is 426?
Old 11-16-2009 | 01:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1056170' date='Nov 16 2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Eloy, I thought that Hotdog's car was putting out around 440rwhp? I remember at one point it made 470 and then for some reason it went back down to 440. That was with the Powerchip tune. Then he tried the ESS v2 tune and had some issues but it was rectified by ESS so how come the number now is 426?

Hot Dog Here!!! LOL Thanks Tony!! Actually my car from the last Dyno run I witnessed was 426 @ RPI and Eloy advised it hasn't changed. ESS did advance the timing and it did Jump to the 440's but it was only for a couple pulls until the car adapted and brought the power down to 420's again from what Eloy said...

However from Yesterday's HOTDOG performance i'm now having doubts about the 426hp number as well... lol
Old 11-16-2009 | 02:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='1055034' date='Nov 14 2009, 10:58 PM
leche!lol....it's popcorn from the hood!

MFest IV will be the shit, cuz MFest is not a "standing still' type event! Come big, or go home!lol

I dont remember this being a thread about MFest, thats another site, LOL.....................
Old 11-16-2009 | 02:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Rab Dog' post='1056223' date='Nov 16 2009, 02:53 PM
Hot Dog Here!!! LOL Thanks Tony!!
You need to thank Tom for that new name. hahaha
Old 11-16-2009 | 02:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='1056248' date='Nov 16 2009, 03:24 PM
I dont remember this being a thread about MFest, thats another site, LOL.....................
punk ass!lol

i was merely giving them a platform on where the runs can take place. if and when..
Old 11-16-2009 | 02:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1056255' date='Nov 16 2009, 03:35 PM
You need to thank Tom for that new name. hahaha
"HOTDOG", That is freaking classic!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
Old 11-16-2009 | 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 //M5 AW smg

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='1056263' date='Nov 16 2009, 03:45 PM
"HOTDOG", That is freaking classic!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
Sorry for my broken Engrish!
Hotdog is a bad ass mofo tho!