E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Could be many different ways that this happened. What is practically indisputable is that he caused this damage while doing something highly illegal and extremely dumb. This is textbook juvie crap, really. The only difference here is that this kid is playing with a lot more than just fire - he's got an M5, which he does not know how to handle. And while trial and error is a perfectly acceptable way to learn, it is completely UNacceptable on public roads. I cannot stress it enough that this kid needs to get himself to the racetrack and learn how to drive. The problem is, he's already blatantly disregarding safety (his and others') and he is completely oblivious to reality and belligerent to all who tries to talk sense into him.

Completely agree Vlad, if his parents were smart (and anyone who gives an 18 yo an M5 isn't that bright) they would enroll him into one of the BMWCCA M-clinics ASAP. Teach the kid some car control and some road manners.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Yeah but how good is a car control class if you're under the influence all the time? This kid doesn't deserve a M5, or any other car for that matter due to his lack of responsibility.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

This is the ultimate hangout spot. Let's all hold hands

Calton in all red...
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mbp727
Yeah but how good is a car control class if you're under the influence all the time? This kid doesn't deserve a M5, or any other car for that matter due to his lack of responsibility.
Agreed, but you gotta start somewhere. Hopefully all the negative response this and the other thread generated will give him the kick in the arse he needs (providing of course there are no more NPH sightings )
Old 04-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pjinca
Completely agree Vlad, if his parents were smart (and anyone who gives an 18 yo an M5 isn't that bright) they would enroll him into one of the BMWCCA M-clinics ASAP. Teach the kid some car control and some road manners.
To his credit, he PM'd me last night trying to convince me that he is going to enroll as soon as he gets his car back from the shop.

I personally do NOT believe a thing this kid says anymore, and as far as I'm concerned, he should be under a complete lock-down and in full detox (as in 0 products that trigger dopamine and so forth - sugar, salt and so on - weed is NOT the only problem with this kid, for sure) for at least - AT LEAST!!! - 3 months. Seeing how that is not likely to happen, I'm left hoping and praying that he doesn't kill someone, kill himself, or both. He has mentioned that he attends the gym before, so maybe - just MAY be - he is an athlete (and not just some fat guy in a juicehead's body) and has at least some will power to overcome his vices himself. I've got no positive forecast for him if doesn't though...
Old 04-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by pjinca
Agreed, but you gotta start somewhere. Hopefully all the negative response this and the other thread generated will give him the kick in the arse he needs (providing of course there are no more NPH sightings )

You never know, he'll probably see Oprah on a rhino and follow her next time he speeds through a neighborhood.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Contributors

To his credit, he PM'd me last night trying to convince me that he is going to enroll as soon as he gets his car back from the shop.

I personally do NOT believe a thing this kid says anymore, and as far as I'm concerned, he should be under a complete lock-down and in full detox (as in 0 products that trigger dopamine and so forth - sugar, salt and so on - weed is NOT the only problem with this kid, for sure) for at least - AT LEAST!!! - 3 months. Seeing how that is not likely to happen, I'm left hoping and praying that he doesn't kill someone, kill himself, or both. He has mentioned that he attends the gym before, so maybe - just MAY be - he is an athlete (and not just some fat guy in a juicehead's body) and has at least some will power to overcome his vices himself. I've got no positive forecast for him if doesn't though...
Agreed, he is young, he has that going or him. If he can keep from killing himself (and others) then there is still hope.

Originally Posted by mbp727
You never know, he'll probably see Oprah on a rhino and follow her next time he speeds through a neighborhood.
Talk about WIDE LOAD!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Bottom line, I feel the kid is still able to reform. Whether he does or not is almost entirely up to him. I just hope that no one external suffers in the process.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Bottom line, I feel the kid is still able to reform. Whether he does or not is almost entirely up to him. I just hope that no one external suffers in the process.
Awww V u big softie V looooves V....
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Awww V u big softie V looooves V....
I admit, I'm prone to forgiving. But once you cross the tipping point with me, there is no reconciliation. With this kid, its about 1mm away from the tipping point...

Actually, what's your take on this whole thing? I'm sure you've said it before, but I'm not reading through 16 pages of crap to get to it LOL

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.