E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is priceless
Old 04-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

4000 views in 15 days??? GAD DAMN SON!!!

This thread IS a Legend already, poor kid
Old 04-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
lol about the bumper the cost, BMW06 you are right. I will have to buy new shocks, right suspention and new rim all this will be around $5000 in my friend's dad garage, instead of paying in the actual BMW dealership $12k. Leons Autobody, the best mechanic in Toronto.
why not put in a claim on your insurance?

my guess

no more insurance after that claim

Old 04-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

he said he ran into a pole correct?

then why is there no significant damage on the passenger bumper. Albeit the bottom is scuffed but the top area (where pdc is at) should be damaged.

My Theory: He was high (that's a given), driving at a high rate of speed through a residential community (that's a given), lost control being an idiot (the idiot part's a given) drove into a curb (causing the bottom of the bumper damage and pushing the wheel back (forcing the wheel well to get pushed in), then once he came back onto the road, he jerked the car off the curb (coming down, the wheel got the rash) and hit something on the drivers side.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Contributors

This thread is a perfect example as to why CNN no longer reports real news but just tabloid, trendy crap.

Ratings.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by mbp727

then why is there no significant damage on the passenger bumper. Albeit the bottom is scuffed but the top area (where pdc is at) should be damaged.

My Theory: He was high (that's a given), driving at a high rate of speed through a residential community (that's a given), lost control being an idiot (the idiot part's a given) drove into a curb (causing the bottom of the bumper damage and pushing the wheel back (forcing the wheel well to get pushed in), then once he came back onto the road, he jerked the car off the curb (coming down, the wheel got the rash) and hit something on the drivers side.
I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING!!!!!! How does one hit a "pole" and yet have very little VISIBLE front end damage? Answer: They don't!!!! Not to relive bad memories for a friend, but anyone else remember the pics of DBae's car when it DID, in fact, hit a pole? There was a lot of front end damage.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by pjinca
I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING!!!!!! How does one hit a "pole" and yet have very little VISIBLE front end damage? Answer: They don't!!!! Not to relive bad memories for a friend, but anyone else remember the pics of DBae's car when it DID, in fact, hit a pole? There was a lot of front end damage.
Now we await is explanation.

He probably will change the story to he saw neil patrick harris on a unicorn telling him to follow, and the unicorn was going SUPER fast so he had to speed up, and when the unicorn started to run on the sidewalk, Vlad tried to drive up there too. Then he realized that his car didn't fit, so he drove down off the curb, and while doing so hit the Rolls that Michael Jackson and Notorious B.I.G. were in. This is how he damaged the M5 he does not deserve.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca
I agree that hitting a pole will cause major major damage to the car.

The alleged version of the accident reminds me of when a friend of mine, in high school, totaled his brand new Jeep with 3 girls in it. His official story was that he swerved to avoid hitting a squirrel. He admitted to me that that story was BS and that he was fishtailing his Jeep (a really stupid thing to do in a short wheelbase vehicle with no skid control -- it was in 1989) to show off to his passengers and lost control. This has exactly the same feel to it.

But whatever the accident's true cause I just hope that it has scared bmw550ifreak straight. I fear that he may end up being the AmericanM5 of this board.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Now we await is explanation.

He probably will change the story to he saw neil patrick harris on a unicorn telling him to follow, and the unicorn was going SUPER fast so he had to speed up, and when the unicorn started to run on the sidewalk, Vlad tried to drive up there too. Then he realized that his car didn't fit, so he drove down off the curb, and while doing so hit the Rolls that Michael Jackson and Notorious B.I.G. were in. This is how he damaged the M5 he does not deserve.
TFF!!!! Even funnier is that that story is slightly more plausible (of course you did neglect to mention Tupac driving the Rolls). NPH - FTW!!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Could be many different ways that this happened. What is practically indisputable is that he caused this damage while doing something highly illegal and extremely dumb. This is textbook juvie crap, really. The only difference here is that this kid is playing with a lot more than just fire - he's got an M5, which he does not know how to handle. And while trial and error is a perfectly acceptable way to learn, it is completely UNacceptable on public roads. I cannot stress it enough that this kid needs to get himself to the racetrack and learn how to drive. The problem is, he's already blatantly disregarding safety (his and others') and he is completely oblivious to reality and belligerent to all who tries to talk sense into him.

This is EXACTLY why I moved to blast him the EF off when he posted that other thread that got deleted...

Originally Posted by Howitzer
This thread is a perfect example as to why CNN no longer reports real news but just tabloid, trendy crap.

Ratings.

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.