E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Upgrade Cruise+Brake (S544A) to Active Cruise Control+stop&go (S5DFA) - E61 LCI '07

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 09:32 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650i NBT EVO ID6 Touchscreen

Sannouni, I did code everything successfully with ISTA last night. When triggered with the stalk, the ACC returns an error that it’s maladjusted. I don’t know yet what is causing it. Could be the LRR sensor, but I’m thinking it must be the SRR sensors because I customized the install. On an E63/64, the sensors are inside and on the outside of the impact bar. On E60/61, the sensors are much closer together. so, I may have to code the LDM with E60/61 parameters. Or if anybody has some kind of input on this, I would appreciate it.

I need to get more info on how to find an adjustment procedure and what exactly needs to be adjusted.

Last edited by CedBDP; 11-25-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:29 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i XDrive

Did you change the front impact bar? I was under the impression that the the E63/E64 uses a different impact bar for ACC. I haven't verified part numbers but it maybe worth checking on realoem.com website.
please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:27 AM
New Members

That’s correct and I didn’t change the impact bar. Wasn’t able to find one at a decent price.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:33 AM
New Members

@CedBDP did you try to find out if your current impact bar can be modified to house the SRRs? is it just cutting slots in to it? or is it more involved?
if it's cutting slots into it, then it could probably be done with a dremel and drill and a filer. anyway, just a thought. i never tried, but i know that some parts in the modification can break the bank so improvising may work....

did you already have the night vision option? or did you retrofit that too?

nice clean car by the way.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:51 AM
New Members

@sannouni thanks! I work hard on it. Yeah, I did night vision too. It’s all wired except to NBT EVO. Was looking to finish ACC first.

The mod on the impact bar is extensive. I already tried to cut through it. It’s tough. And there’s curvature that would compel me to create plastic pieces so the SRR face front.

I don’t see why I couldn’t use E60 parameters on LDM if ACC is properly calibrated. I’m working on it today with INPA.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:19 PM
New Members

@CedBDP I'm kind of stuck with the night vision, i had to wire it from scratch, even though i'm doubting some pinout (specifically, the 2 pins that connect to the back of the CIC, the wiring diagram says Pin 2 for shielding/ground, and Pin 4 for signal, but i read in other forums that it should be pin 12 and piin 2 respectively for connector X13814, for now, i'm following the wiring diagram since it's from the manufacturer, and i dont want to cause/introduce any issues, the only modification so far is that i've integrated a night vision activator into the wiring, which was bought ready to use)

my night vision systems is not coming online at all (i cant see it in ista tree etc), i dont know what i did wrong.

is there a procedure to follow using NCS expert or Ista to activate the night vision? do i need to add something to the VO list in NCS?

any help or guidance would be appreciated. it's really confusing...
Old 12-13-2021, 06:49 AM
New Members

@sannouni First step is to get NVE and camera to show in green or yellow in Ista. Did you get both from the same vehicle? If not, you will need special codes from BMW, there is no work around that. In addition, you need a CAN sniffer/interceptor that will send the VIN number the NVE wants to see. Getting the video signal is a second step. If you are making your own wiring harness, test all connections (power, ground, and CAN wires) and triple check. Night vision is activated by VIN on CAN Bus and is triggered by the night vision button (blue wire).

By the way, I completed the customized stop & go retrofit. I love it!

I'm now working on getting the video signal for night vision on NBT EVO, but I have an eNBT adapter on pin 21 and 24 that are using NVC Werte 1. It's the only way my configuration (menus) can work. So, trying to find and activate the video on OABR. I think I may have found it, but need more time for testing and programming.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:39 AM
New Members

Thank you for the reply, @CedBDP i got a module and NiVi camera from the same car, and got a night vision activator/ CAN sniffer, wired everything, added S611 to the VO using NCS expert, but was never able to communicate with the night vision controller or camera, ISTA is giving the following:

S0156 no communication possible with : Night vision Camera
S0157 No communication possible with : Night vision Electronics

NCS expert is not able to read or write into the night vision controller...

I have the activator wired from the start, so the car CAS never communicated directly to the NiVi controller, could that be an issue (no communication codes above) ?

Night vision camera and controller show up in the Ista Tree, but they are both red.

any help and guidance would be appreciated.

P.S.: i'm just waiting for a couple of connectors before i can complete the ACC wiring... i'm glad that you got yours working, i'm looking forward to finishing mine, hopefully in the coming month.
how did you get around the "calibration required" fault?

Last edited by sannouni; 12-13-2021 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:04 AM
New Members

Use a multimeter to check that NVK and NVE are getting power and are properly grounded. If so, check your CAN connections. CAN H and L input (between NVK + NVE and sniffer) and CAN H and L output (between sniffer and KGM or CAS). My recommendation is CAS. The official retrofit from BMW says KGM.

Once you have changed your VO and coded it to CAS and LMA, code CAS, LMA, KGM to factory. Then, you check on ISTA. If the module are not detected it's either the wiring or the module. Chances are it's wiring. Have the seller remote in to check the module is coded properly. (Where did you get it from?)

Do not try to write NVE or NVK. Only listen or (lessen).

On ACC2, I did the calibration myself by building a tool at 120 cm from radar (+/- 5cm) at 90, 91, and 89 degree angle as directed in INPA.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:01 PM
New Members

Thank you. I checked the power and ground and verified that the fuse is ok too.
The unit was bought from ebay, the seller was contacted before purchasing to ensure that the kit (module, camera) came from the same car.
I opened the controller box to ensure that the circuit is clean and corrosion free... all checked out fine...
next is to verify if the wires are connected properly, then I'll double check the programming. Thanks again, I'll keep you updated either way.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Cruise+Brake (S544A) to Active Cruise Control+stop&go (S5DFA) - E61 LCI '07