E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Upgrade Cruise+Brake (S544A) to Active Cruise Control+stop&go (S5DFA) - E61 LCI '07

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 05:15 PM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i XDrive

Update: It is working !!! image is OK

@CedBDP thank you for your help. it's much appreciated.

for anyone stuck diagnosing this, here's what i did (after doing all of the above), i coded CIC using NCSExpert (in the trace file, i changed the option under NVC to Wert_21), i plugged the shielding to pin 12, and the signal to pin 2. the image came to life... (note: i treated X13814 from the images above as an independent 12 pin connector)
Old 12-18-2021, 09:14 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650i NBT EVO ID6 Touchscreen

@sannouni Good job! I tried mine last night, but too bright in LA! Are you done with you ACC2 retrofit?

Was looking to next retrofit lane assist, but looks like it involves a new windshield? WTH?
Old 12-18-2021, 09:45 AM
New Members

@CedBDP thank you ... i hope that you figure it out soon.

about the ACCs, I'm done wiring the system except for the front bumper area (the wires are routed to the engine bay, and the 2 plugs that connect to the Long range radar and the connector behind it are already built... wiring is wrapped and verified), but I still dont have the short range to long range radars wiring (i tried buying that harness from BMW, from ECStuning, and from ebay, all failed, i wasted 2 months waiting, and all sources said that they dont know when they would get the wiring harness, ECS tuning refunded me last week), so i ordered the connectors that go to each sensor, and i'll build the wiring harness according to the diagram... im still waiting for the short range radar connectors to arrive, that's the only stopping point for the ACC2 at the moment. i'm really looking forward to that.

High beam assist has been retrofitted and coded, and is working now, it was relatively easy, i used the opportunity to route the harness for the Lane departure warning to the rear view mirror area...

Now I'm doing the HUD and the lane departure together...

It was rather a steep price to pay, but i changed my windshield a couple of weeks back...

the new windshield is required for the HUD and lane departure because of the following (as far as i know):
- the lane departure warning camera mount on the windshield
- RLS (rain light sensor) for the HUD is different than the stock one that came with the vehicle.
- the windshield for the HUD has a film? that eliminates the double image symptom
- the back/shaded area behind the rearview mirror has a cutout for the lane departure and the RLS (the shaded area is much bigger and looks very different from the stock windshield)

the lane departure warning system also requires a specific steering wheel, that has an eccentric mass motor to provide the steering vibrate feature. the wiring seems rather simple (when compared to the ACC or night vision... loool)

i'll find out more over the next month as i progress with the retrofits. I'll post my findings here, with some pictures...
Old 12-18-2021, 07:52 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650i NBT EVO ID6 Touchscreen

@sannouni yeah, make your own looms, it may be less confusing and more reliable to just follow the wiring diagrams. And the wiring from the short range sensors to the long range sensor is rather easy. The only hard part is getting the plugs and pins, which you can buy on eBay.

You’re going to love this retrofit. I’m addicted to it and still learning tricks on how to operate. Today, I customized the covers. It’s clearly not perfect, but it will do!

I wonder if there’s a way to do the lane departure retrofit without replacing the windshield.
Old 06-20-2022, 01:13 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by alexlight
So, yesterday I have finally installed my new DSC with ACC. It took me about 5 hours because I was changing also all brake hoses and brake servo unit. After the change you will get all possible errors in many modules, but it's still possible to drive the car.
To get rid of errors you will need to:
1. Delete all errors from all blocks -> I was using ISTA-D. Just make a complete identification of the car and then delete all errors that were found.
2. Using NCS Expert you need to code the new DSC -> Read the info from CAS (or LMA), so you have VIN and FA visible, then use an empty MAN file and SG_CODEIREN function to code the DSC. The block can be named EHB (or EHB3).
(Without 1st step I had an error in NCS -> "VIN is not correct")
3. Go to ISTA-D (or INPA) to calibrate (recalibrate) the DSC sensor. It's very easy to do via ISTA-D. Make a complete identification with tests, then go to Service Functions -> Chassis and select DSC and there is a calibration (initialization) function. Put your car on a flat surface and click continue. After 3-5 seconds ISTA-D will say that the operation was successful and that's all.
4. (Optional) You can also check the newest software for the DSC via WinKFP, but I had the latest software already, so there was no need for an update.

By the way, regarding all possible settings and breaking assistance of new DSC module there is a good article : Dreaming in 302ci: How to make your BMW E9x xDrive handle
Finally I was able to source all parts from a scrapyard.
I didnt take out the carrier though assuming that our bumpers have necessary holes, since I only see one part# for it on realoem and another one with M package model.

Here is the question for all of you doing/did this retrofit, has it been working without issues for you after doing proper coding?

thanks

Last edited by pavjayt; 06-26-2022 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 01:56 PM
New Members

It works, but in my case, it kept glutching (saying the system is deactivated due to an external temporary error, and that it might still work at speeds higher than 30km/h) until a proper sensor alignment was done ( the proper alignment is done at the dealer using a specialized tool, it takes less than 30 minutes, but they charged me an hour labor, but it was worth it)
The following users liked this post:
pavjayt (06-20-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 11:15 AM
New Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530xd E61

I have same fault code. After night visio retrofit, but guys that i got activator say that my NVC and NVE is not from same car.
Where did you get your activator?
Old 08-03-2022, 11:22 AM
New Members

I got mine from bmwcustomretrofit
Old 08-03-2022, 12:54 PM
New Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530xd E61

Mine from them too. Dont understand why they told for you to modifie activator. And for me they say that my kit not from same car. Activator is marked Fxx. Doesnt matter, i connect activator or not, i get same faut code .
00A74B: NVE: Coupling protection from NVC and NVE.

Last edited by Bmwpower530; 08-07-2022 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:23 PM
New Members

Strange, did you explicitly say that you're installing the activator for an E60 night vision system ?

Quick Reply: Upgrade Cruise+Brake (S544A) to Active Cruise Control+stop&go (S5DFA) - E61 LCI '07