E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Upgrade Cruise+Brake (S544A) to Active Cruise Control+stop&go (S5DFA) - E61 LCI '07

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 07:16 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: bmw e60 535d

I have bought 2xSRR from F01 for my E60 LCI, because the part number is the same (66316790877) , only for LRR (66316790171) is different. But the radar is still the same and it's still ACC2. I have bought it because of the price - 400$ for LRR and 2x SRR with wiring, cover and brackets. I don't know if I will be able to make it work on my E60, anyway as soon as I install it, I will write here about my experience.
DSC is not very difficult to replace. I'm going to do it next weekend.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:17 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650i NBT EVO ID6 Touchscreen

I am in the process of gathering all the parts and it's no small job. Regarding the DSC unit, does anyone know if we can replace the module attached to the pump rather than replacing the whole pump? I already have the brake function.

I am asking because 1. I have 60k miles on my current pump and 2. removing the module is 4 screws and does not involve breeding the system, which could lead to a mess and more issues.

I will post my progress once I receive all the parts.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:55 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i XDrive

Im about 50% sourcing the parts... but the ABS Pump/DSC is still the show stopper for me....

@CedBDP the repair kit (part number 34526783369) for the ABS control unit (XI cars) is the same for the "ACC with Stop and go function" and the "cruise with brake function" which seem to indicate that this unit is not the main difference between the two ABS Pumps...

I believe that the ABS motor (the cylindrical shape on one of the sides of the ABS Pump) would need to be bigger for the Stop and go function. this is based on my limited understand of the ABS pump functionality...
the force needed to stop the car completely is higher, and on a regular basis (much more demand on the motor when compared to "Cruise with brake function")

@alexlight do you have some more pictures of the ABS Pump for the stop and go (from different angles) ?? it would be interesting to see that is in fact the case (size of the motor), and if there are any other differences.

As for the Short range sensors (the two sensors that go on the pumper carrier), it seems like the part number is the same for E60 LCI and F01 so it should work (the part number for the F01 is 66316790877 which shows up as an alternative part number for the E60 LCI (66316775363) do you have pictures of the plug area (what does the plug look like and how many pins)?

it was much easier to find a night vision camera, and it's controller, and an M steering, heated, with lane departure function (which is rare)... when compared to the almost mythical ABS pump... any pictures would help...

Last edited by sannouni; 10-21-2021 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:58 PM
New Members

sannouni I haven't received my DSC pump yet. The previous picture was the random one from the internet. I will probably get my pump next week. I will post here some photos.
Regarding the LRR from F01 - please see attached files.
By the way, in case you will be looking for the repair kit of those 3 bolts for LRR, you can buy it for 13$ on the Ali, but with AUDI part number (4H0998561). It seems, that they have the same LRR and repair kit, but much cheaper

Old 11-08-2021, 07:53 PM
New Members

UPDATE:
FINALLY!!!!! I found a ACC2 with stop and go DSC unit (and it wasn't cheap). I'm still waiting for it to ship. then it seems like i will have to resort to Ista+ in addition to a pressure bleeder, to bleed the brake lines. based on what i've read so far, it seems like (and i will confirm when i go through with it) INPA can not read the E60 DSC module (whether it's an ACC2 or not, so if true, i wont be able to communicate with the original DSC module, i have tried, and it was in fact true, i.e. i wasnt able to get INPA to communicate with the DSC module for the 2010 E60 535Xi factory DSC module). i was surprised to find that out, because some videos show M5s that have followed the INPA bleeding procedure which worked (or at least that's what was shown in the videos)... however, the standard E60 (Xi or RWD) can not be bled using INPA

I don't want to celebrate too early, i'll just wait until i get the DSC Unit, install, do the brake line bleeding and test drive to make sure it works (Note i'm assuming from that point on, i'll loose the cruise control function on the car, since the DSC should only be compatible with Adaptive cruise control option.... also, may get LDM related errors, since the replacement DSC, if the legend is real!!!, should only work with a longitudinal Dynamics module)

i'll update in a week or so, when i get the unit and install. wish me luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by sannouni:
alexlight (11-08-2021), pavjayt (11-08-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 09:25 PM
New Members

By the way, I have already received my DSC, but it's not installed yet. I was surprised, that there was at least 6 revisions of this block.

Old 11-09-2021, 11:11 AM
New Members

ABS/DSC Hydraulic unit Update:

just got mine !!!!... it's the same as in the pictures (so it does have 4WD ACC written on it) and the part number is, well, yet another new one... its 34516784161-01

Upon quick inspection, it looks a lot like the one already installed in the car (2010 535i Xdrive) with the exception that the motor/pump (the cylindrical shape on one of the sides of the ABS Pump) is a little different looking and it's Black (as oppose to the matt grey color). other than that, i cant tell much of a difference between the 2 (the one installed, vs the ACC)
Old 11-20-2021, 09:53 PM
New Members

So, yesterday I have finally installed my new DSC with ACC. It took me about 5 hours because I was changing also all brake hoses and brake servo unit. After the change you will get all possible errors in many modules, but it's still possible to drive the car.
To get rid of errors you will need to:
1. Delete all errors from all blocks -> I was using ISTA-D. Just make a complete identification of the car and then delete all errors that were found.
2. Using NCS Expert you need to code the new DSC -> Read the info from CAS (or LMA), so you have VIN and FA visible, then use an empty MAN file and SG_CODEIREN function to code the DSC. The block can be named EHB (or EHB3).
(Without 1st step I had an error in NCS -> "VIN is not correct")
3. Go to ISTA-D (or INPA) to calibrate (recalibrate) the DSC sensor. It's very easy to do via ISTA-D. Make a complete identification with tests, then go to Service Functions -> Chassis and select DSC and there is a calibration (initialization) function. Put your car on a flat surface and click continue. After 3-5 seconds ISTA-D will say that the operation was successful and that's all.
4. (Optional) You can also check the newest software for the DSC via WinKFP, but I had the latest software already, so there was no need for an update.

By the way, regarding all possible settings and breaking assistance of new DSC module there is a good article : Dreaming in 302ci: How to make your BMW E9x xDrive handle
The following users liked this post:
pavjayt (11-21-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 04:41 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650i NBT EVO ID6 Touchscreen
Default Long Haul!

Very cool, Alex!

So, I got all the parts from the same vehicle: DSC with ACC, short range sensors, long range sensor, stalk, and wiring. After clearing all faults ACSM, DSC and programming the modules LRR, LDM, DSC, KOMBI, and SZL (watch out for sequence and voltage), I finally have zero anomalies on my dash. The only thing different is that I have lost my cruise control and the activation of the stalk does not do anything at all, I don't even get an error message.

I used INPA, WinKFP, and NCS for the coding. So, decided to switch over to ISTA P, which I am setting up. Will report back with progress.

It's been insane to retrofit on an E64. The number of mods and customizations is out of this world.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:22 AM
New Members

@CedBDP did you install and code everything ? and the cruise control function (including ACC) is not working?

In my case, i got my DSC controller to work, there were a lot of errors when i first plugged it in (installed) to the vehicle. i used the DSC bleeding procedure using ISTA, then calibrated the DSC unit as mentioned above (thanks @alexlight ).

i did loose the cruise control function (i only have the DSC unit installed, nothing else yet, so no long range, or short range radars, no stalk, as i'm still manufacturing the wiring harness)

Quick Reply: Upgrade Cruise+Brake (S544A) to Active Cruise Control+stop&go (S5DFA) - E61 LCI '07