E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

Umnitza, do you have an actual schematics 'diagram' for the DRL's? My mechanic asked for this specifically.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='445272' date='Jul 9 2007, 11:26 AM
Umnitza, are you talking about DRL wiring? This seems like the normal power connection
That's the point of this whole exercise ( going from V1 to V2), these ARE the normal power connections. There is no need for a schematic, you have to be color blind in order not to tell how to plug it in. And if you are unfortunately color blind, as one of my best friends is, have someone else who isn't help you with it
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='445271' date='Jul 9 2007, 01:26 PM
RJ - Let's not stir up crap again. I was just commenting on the housing of the unit, versus AIB's. Umnitza has a lot of very satisfied customers, but I was just stating what I saw yesterday. Member coolguy came to the NY Meet, so I could help him install his new lights. Since I've done a few members AIB's for them, I figured it would be similar. But after seeing the DRL harness along with a few other wires and being at a beach parking lot, I didn't think it was smart to undo both of his lights and attempt the install. Also, since we didn't have instructions, I didn't want to guess.

Umnitza - No hard feelings bud. I was just stating my opinion, after seeing coolguy's lights yesterday. At the end of the day, all we really care about is if they are as bright, if not brighter, than AIB's. If they are, everyone is happy.

OK...enough said.

I agree Calton, all im saying is as stated before, anything beats those dim stock angel eyes, im sure anyone who buys either predator Ice or AIB will be quite satisfied. But just have to make sure how we provide our opinion as it is taken as being very offensive. I hope we can get enough members installed predator ice so we can make a friendly comparison with the AIB V3

PM to discuss the wheels, i have pics of the actual Vr715's, you lucked out on your CSL, i finally saw a pic of it on the road it looks hot.

sorry to jack this thread
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='445271' date='Jul 9 2007, 11:26 AM
RJ - Let's not stir up crap again. I was just commenting on the housing of the unit, versus AIB's. Umnitza has a lot of very satisfied customers, but I was just stating what I saw yesterday. Member coolguy came to the NY Meet, so I could help him install his new lights. Since I've done a few members AIB's for them, I figured it would be similar. But after seeing the DRL harness along with a few other wires and being at a beach parking lot, I didn't think it was smart to undo both of his lights and attempt the install. Also, since we didn't have instructions, I didn't want to guess.

Umnitza - No hard feelings bud. I was just stating my opinion, after seeing coolguy's lights yesterday. At the end of the day, all we really care about is if they are as bright, if not brighter, than AIB's. If they are, everyone is happy.

OK...enough said.
If I knew you had this attitude about it, I wouldn't have given you a hard time

No hard feelings dude

Listen, the wiring harness is there for DRL only. That's all. If you ignore that harness, it's a direct quick plug and play.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by superhung' post='445273' date='Jul 9 2007, 01:30 PM
Umnitza, do you have an actual schematics 'diagram' for the DRL's? My mechanic asked for this specifically.

superhung im not expert on the umnitza product but i think you will have to grab the ground and power from an alternate source on the car and run the other wires from the oem plug.

I could be wrong but based on what i can see on the pics and Umnitzas explanation that seems to be the case.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Contributors

I dunno about hooking up the DRL's but what about use the extra set of connectors for hooking up something else, isn't having the Day time driving LIghts on kinda funny looking that's the way i see it. I guess i'll have to see the lights when it's done.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions for those you guys like the AIB for easy installation but the Ice, the unit looks really solid and easy to install. I'm thinking what can i hook up the extra connectors to for?? another set of LEDS, hhmmm. No body should bad mouth another about a product unless you get bad service or bad quality. 200 for ICE compared to AIB i would buy another set of these even if it goes out. I don't see the extra 100 for AIB. I think maybe it's time for AIB to lower their price if they want more customers.

It's like you can buy two sets of AIB

or 3 sets of ICE.

But i admit the AIB is small and easy to use your hand to put in. But yeah not good to touch if it's hot.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='445270' date='Jul 9 2007, 11:23 AM
Cool, hope u asked him to take pics along the way and figure out DRL things too since hes BMW pro
I'm going to have him try to but there were a bunch of cars there so I don't know if he can...He looked REALLY busy...But again, I'll try my best.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='445280' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:41 PM
If I knew you had this attitude about it, I wouldn't have given you a hard time

No hard feelings dude

Listen, the wiring harness is there for DRL only. That's all. If you ignore that harness, it's a direct quick plug and play.

U, sorry to be a pain, but I thought the extra wiring harness could be used for tapping the mirrors when unlocking the car ?!
that's what we established with coolguy at the beginning of the thread...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='445281' date='Jul 9 2007, 11:41 AM
superhung im not expert on the umnitza product but i think you will have to grab the ground and power from an alternate source on the car and run the other wires from the oem plug.

I could be wrong but based on what i can see on the pics and Umnitzas explanation that seems to be the case.
Cool...I'm going to ask my mechanic about that. Without the DRL hook-up, this thing is a freakin' breeze to install. It's just the matter of unplugging a bulb and connecting the wires to the correct connectors....But with the DRL's, I guess it's supposedly 'easy', but there aren't any step-by-step instructions, schematic, diagrams, etc. which would really help! *cough*umnitza chime-in*cough*
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ivan545' post='445288' date='Jul 9 2007, 01:54 PM
I dunno about hooking up the DRL's but what about use the extra set of connectors for hooking up something else, isn't having the Day time driving LIghts on kinda funny looking that's the way i see it. I guess i'll have to see the lights when it's done.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions for those you guys like the AIB for easy installation but the Ice, the unit looks really solid and easy to install. I'm thinking what can i hook up the extra connectors to for?? another set of LEDS, hhmmm. No body should bad mouth another about a product unless you get bad service or bad quality. 200 for ICE compared to AIB i would buy another set of these even if it goes out. I don't see the extra 100 for AIB. I think maybe it's time for AIB to lower their price if they want more customers.

It's like you can buy two sets of AIB

or 3 sets of ICE.
But i admit the AIB is small and easy to use your hand to put in. But yeah not good to touch if it's hot.

I agree Ivan stay tunned to upcoming pricing info! No matter which route you go, im sure all upgraded customers will be quite pleased as they would be upgrading from their stock lights.

but lets keep this thread on track!

Quick Reply: UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!