E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='445147' date='Jul 9 2007, 07:22 AM
Well, since I've now seen both products in person, my opinion is that AIB's are better made (Maybe that's why they're more expensive?). The design and structure of the actual cylinder just feels stronger and better. Yours look closer to the flimsy, stock OEM bulbs. Sorry man, but I'm just stating my opinion now that I've seen both versions in person.

As for yours being easy to install, they probably are, but I know that AIB's are easier. It's not hard to tell when you have a cylinder with no wires and just a hole for the stock plug, versus yours which comes with wires, splitters, plugs, etc.. For those that aren't very handy, yours can be intimidating versus looking at the AIB bulbs.
Sorry dude, I don't buy it.

As I stated facts above, come up with more facts rather than "flimsy" which is not true at all.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='445160' date='Jul 9 2007, 07:41 AM
Calton, i tried stating the same thing and this thing got way out of hand, it is no secret that the AIB's are better built, When i spoke to Dave, he said that for the e60 members that had the v1 or V2 and moved in to the predator ice they would know that the construction of the AIB's are better made from the best materials with no wires, our members will eventually know that the quality is better. He also stated that the price would drop but im not sure when or for what versions.
When sales completely stopped, prices drop. It's called supply and demand.

Get over it RJ, the better product is winning, no matter how many times you want to make non-factual claims and hearsay.

Our sales of this product are very strong, exceeding my expectations, I'm just on here to make sure no one makes some wild claims that are false. Otherwise, I have customers to service.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

I am in Reston, VA this week

so have to wait till Friday to go back to New Jersey and install these

Hopefully Uminitza will also provide DRL video by that time. I see what Uminitza did w/ ICE v2, I like that... one product for all BMW models concept
Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='445175' date='Jul 9 2007, 10:56 AM
When sales completely stopped, prices drop. It's called supply and demand.

Get over it RJ, the better product is winning, no matter how many times you want to make non-factual claims and hearsay.

Our sales of this product are very strong, exceeding my expectations, I'm just on here to make sure no one makes some wild claims that are false. Otherwise, I have customers to service.

This wasn't directed to you, i was asserting what Calton was saying now that he has seen both, i haven't seen both only the AIB's, as stated in my other posts, i liked the look on one of your customers pics, i have an idea why dont you focus on servicing the members and let us comment on our views. How abou that! If you feel your product is better then im glad and happy, these comment are not directed to you they are just observations we are making. I still think no matter how we see it AIB or your product they are both better than the OEM. just my .02
Old 07-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

LOL! I'm sure both products look very similar and customers from both companies are very satisfied. All I am saying is that I have now seen, felt and worked with both sets of lights and the AIB's are better made, in my opinion. The housing on the AIB's is a solid unit. The Predator Ice look similar to the OEM housing. I'm sure most would agree, when seeing a side by side comparison of the two modules.

I've attached pictures of each. I think it's pretty obvious which is which.

Predator Ice - Not sure what's up with all the wires??

UMNITZA ICE V2  - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!-pnp6series2_sized.jpg

AngeliBright V2.0

UMNITZA ICE V2  - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!-post_4986_1168652798.jpg
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor

Have you actually opened both? No.
Try that, see how your opinion changes immediately when you do.

I don't put out a product without doing a LOT of research and I certainly don't put one out just to make it look pretty on the outside without filler.

Also, if you want to compare professional'ish photography use these photos:

Seems more fair don't you think to compare "pro" photography?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='445248' date='Jul 9 2007, 01:03 PM
LOL! I'm sure both products look very similar and customers from both companies are very satisfied. All I am saying is that I have now seen, felt and worked with both sets of lights and the AIB's are better made, in my opinion. The housing on the AIB's is a solid unit. The Predator Ice look similar to the OEM housing. I'm sure most would agree, when seeing a side by side comparison of the two modules.

I've attached pictures of each. I think it's pretty obvious which is which.

Predator Ice - Not sure what's up with all the wires??

Attachment 35082

AngeliBright V2.0

Attachment 35081

Good comparison Calton!

anyone else installed their predator ICE would love to see more pics!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Try unscrewing the "all aluminum" case after its been on for a bit...use oven mitts.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='445254' date='Jul 9 2007, 01:08 PM
Have you actually opened both? No.
Try that, see how your opinion changes immediately when you do.

I don't put out a product without doing a LOT of research and I certainly don't put one out just to make it look pretty on the outside without filler.

Also, if you want to compare professional'ish photography use these photos:

Seems more fair don't you think to compare "pro" photography?

Nice install! can you put the cover on? or will you have to leave the cover out since the wires need to filter through?
more good pics of installed angel eyes! keep those pics coming!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Yeah, still looks the same. Housing doesn't come close to looking as solid and as well built as the AIB's. The look similar to OEM, except for the tips.

But yours are $100 cheaper, so that's definitely a plus. I'm sure everyone that buys these will be just as happy.

Quick Reply: UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!