E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='446322' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:33 PM
superH, a lot (if not all) of the aftermarket angel eyes are difficult to see in daylight. even the OEM (pre-LCI) aren't that bright in the daylight. Nothing in the market right now for angeleyes upgrade (pre-LCI) come close to what current OEM LCI DRL angeleyes can do.
Thanks ro11dice...At least I feel a little bit more in place, but damn, they're not as bright as I had hoped for. Basically, it looks as if only the bulb was changed on the rings, but the same output. Even in a dimly lit area, they're not bright (like in the shade of my mechanics bay) but I guess the technology is just not available yet to make our rings really bright like the E46's... I'll post pics of up-close shots during the day.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i sport, silver-grey, 15% tint and 50% tint windshield, 20" Miro M6 polished/charcoal wheels, all carbon emblems, upgraded lighting, k&n, smoked tail lights,

+1 on ro11dice's comment
here are my day pics i just took.
UMNITZA ICE V2  - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!-e60_002.jpgUMNITZA ICE V2  - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!-e60_004.jpg
UMNITZA ICE V2  - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!-e60_005.jpgUMNITZA ICE V2  - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!-e60_006.jpg
Old 07-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

These are not good pics but I snapped some real quick up-close shots during the day :

ANGEL EYES OFF

ANGEL EYES ON

Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

Hey oc...Did you take yours when it was already starting to get a little dark, say during late afternoon (after 3pm)? I can't see shiet on mine during daylight (12 noon). I guess this is the best it can get for our E60's at this point...I will take pics at night and post shots if I can. I guess all those other super bright shots were taken in pitch black areas with overexposure.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i sport, silver-grey, 15% tint and 50% tint windshield, 20" Miro M6 polished/charcoal wheels, all carbon emblems, upgraded lighting, k&n, smoked tail lights,

Originally Posted by superhung' post='446335' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:54 PM
Hey oc...Did you take yours when it was already starting to get a little dark, say during late afternoon (after 3pm)? I can't see shiet on mine during daylight (12 noon). I guess this is the best it can get for our E60's at this point...I will take pics at night and post shots if I can. I guess all those other super bright shots were taken in pitch black areas with overexposure.

the ones above were taken a half hour ago, but the others were in the garage.
And yes, the cameras will play mind games on how they look
Old 07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Wish BMW just made LCI AngelEyes Retrofit, we wouldnt have go through all this Pics, wires, DRL stuff lol

The main reason I wanted ICE v2 is for Daylight purpose only.

Front headlights LCI = $2000? LOL!!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ocsuprstar' post='446336' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:58 PM
the ones above were taken a half hour ago, but the others were in the garage.
And yes, the cameras will play mind games on how they look
Yeah, the camera plays tricks on you for sure...The up-close shots I took above are not even accurate, they aren't that bright.

I do have to say my mechanic did a SWEET install. He drilled a small hole on each side of the panel and mounted the heat sinks on each side. Looks CLEAN. Very good job, but just disappointed in the light output, but I guess that's no one's fault, but the technology just isn't there yet. He also was able to hook them up so that they light up when the 'unlock' button is pressed on the remote + DRL function. I'll wait until tonight and see if the results are any better in regards to the light output, but I doubt it will be 'really' bright.

Looking at these lights from a distance (head-on) in my mechanics bay where it's dimly lit (no sunlight), they aren't bright and 'pop' out at you. It looks like the same output as the stock bulbs, just a different color. I'm guessing this is how it should be.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

did they take enough pics for the install and all ?

How do one find these BMW Tech Installs?

At my dealer, they never even let me see the face of technician lol.. its soo secret.. u have to go through SA for everything.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='446344' date='Jul 11 2007, 02:08 PM
did they take enough pics for the install and all ?

How do one find these BMW Tech Installs?

At my dealer, they never even let me see the face of technician lol.. its soo secret.. u have to go through SA for everything.
LOL

I'm almost 100% sure a BMW dealer will not do this install due to the risk they'll probably feel is involved. I had my independent BMW mechanic do the install without any instructions (and he's never installed Angel Eyes before in his life). He did a super clean job and I'll take pics of how he mounted the heat sinks, pretty cool the way he did it. But nevertheless, I keep mentioning this over and over, but I'm disappointed in the light output of these things, but I guess this how they are. Dammit BMW, bless us with the technology of the E92's!

I'm not sure if he got any good pics, but either way, I can take them again anyways. The basic install is a freakin' breeze, you obviously have to take out your headlights to remove the bulbs and do this. But as for the unlock function + DRL, I will ask him again for pics or instructions.

I will try and get a video up of the lights coming on when I press the 'unlock' button. Pretty cool feature if only the halos were brighter.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superhung' post='446353' date='Jul 12 2007, 12:15 AM
I will try and get a video up of the lights coming on when I press the 'unlock' button. Pretty cool feature if only the halos were brighter.
What will happen, when you unlock the car and the parking lights are left to "on" position when locking the car??

Quick Reply: UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!