E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Trunk filling up with more mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

Modding is an addiction. .. car has 54k miles doing alot of maintenance work

1. Ericssen Amuse front bumper
2. Seibon CSL trunk
3. Stoptech drilled rotors (even though I got new rotors last year), Akebono brake pads, Stoptech SS brake lines
4. G2 caliper paint thinking about doing them white?
5. Klass 20" kf200 wheels powder coated black
6. Bilstein b8 shocks with H&R lowering springs (again with the springs this is my third set lol couldn't afford the coils); still need to get the front shocks
7. rd sport roof spoiler
8. oem m5 fenders

I think thats it lol
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Hey V, where did you buy your color-matched kidneys? Did you buy it prepainted?

You should at least try it out for a few days. If you don't like the look you can always sell it to me
Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

I've completed these already

1. matte black grilles
2. smoked tint on the tails, turn signals, and reflectors
3. blacked out silver trim on lower front bumper
4. blacked out key locks
5. black roundel vinyl overlays
6. plasti-dipped my stock 124s

Working on this

7. install M5 rear spoiler (thanks it'z Crack!)
8. new wheels, looking hard at Miro 111s in black to complete the murdered look. I'm going to wait until late summer cause I got a little tread on my current tires
9. possibly some RPI scoops in red if decide i'm too black lol

Wish list

10. I would love to get an MTech or M5Tech kit but since I definitely need tires and using that opportunity to get some rims I think that will have to wait until the fall or winter
11. Cobb tune but same issue as #11
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi

guys when changing the breaks do i need to change the sensors too ? .
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
jmk
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Okay, I didn't want to say this in your thread, but since this is my thread, may I just be honest?

I don't like the Prior design front and rear, but worst yet is the fact that the sideskirts are so much higher of the ground than the front and the rear. Sorry, braddah - not hating, just speaking my mind. Of course it's your ride and you should do what you want and not listen to me or anyone else
Honesty is good. I like the PD kit... I personally don't like modding my car with parts that everyone else has. I also really dislike any replica parts, which seem to be a norm around here. The PD kit is unique and has a more JDM feel. Not everyone will like my car but that's completely OK with me. Plus, I am building a VIP inspired car so this is more fitting.

The side skirts do bug me a bit and I'm looking into swapping them out. The issue is that I wanted the E61 front... which came with the E61 sides. The E60 kit is more aggressive and is the only rear bumper that fits the car. I'm actually sponsored by PD so I will work out the kinks with them.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by jg525i
thanks v i appreciate that!! as regards to to the SC the kit is already made but i'm just waiting on the tune, it will be ready by summer time i can't wait
i can't tell you yet who made it coz they are sponsoring the SC and i dont want them to be mad sorry man! as suppose to the old skool project you will not belive what i just picked up yesterday!! let's just say we going waaaaay back!!
What did you get? Is it a Bimmer? Old 5er? I personally love E34 wagons.

Originally Posted by itz CracK
Modding is an addiction. .. car has 54k miles doing alot of maintenance work

1. Ericssen Amuse front bumper
2. Seibon CSL trunk
3. Stoptech drilled rotors (even though I got new rotors last year), Akebono brake pads, Stoptech SS brake lines
4. G2 caliper paint thinking about doing them white?
5. Klass 20" kf200 wheels powder coated black
6. Bilstein b8 shocks with H&R lowering springs (again with the springs this is my third set lol couldn't afford the coils); still need to get the front shocks
7. rd sport roof spoiler
8. oem m5 fenders

I think thats it lol
First two mods are tentatively on my wishlist, but the Amuse bumper I really CANNOT WAIT to see!

BTW I've been sort of considering swapping the front B8's for a pair of KW V3's, so maybe we can talk, if you want to get a deal and don't mind them slightly used that is.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Hey V, where did you buy your color-matched kidneys? Did you buy it prepainted?

You should at least try it out for a few days. If you don't like the look you can always sell it to me
I will try them on. And if I don't like them, I'll put them up in the classifieds for sure

I bought them painted, but modded them further. They came with gloss white painted bezels (or "surrounds", whatever you call the outer "rings"), and the standard black plastic vertical "slats" - I put on the matte graphite-painted vertical slats from a custom job John@Motorcepts did for me years back. Still yet to try them on - I keep thinking they'll chip really easy and that will be the end of it. Plus the fact that my OEM gloss black kidneys look so great
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by naitch
I've completed these already

1. matte black grilles
2. smoked tint on the tails, turn signals, and reflectors
3. blacked out silver trim on lower front bumper
4. blacked out key locks
5. black roundel vinyl overlays
6. plasti-dipped my stock 124s

Working on this

7. install M5 rear spoiler (thanks it'z Crack!)
8. new wheels, looking hard at Miro 111s in black to complete the murdered look. I'm going to wait until late summer cause I got a little tread on my current tires
9. possibly some RPI scoops in red if decide i'm too black lol

Wish list

10. I would love to get an MTech or M5Tech kit but since I definitely need tires and using that opportunity to get some rims I think that will have to wait until the fall or winter
11. Cobb tune but same issue as #11
Blacked out keyholes?! That's some dedication!

Originally Posted by Rgortex99
guys when changing the breaks do i need to change the sensors too ? .
Yes. I always put in new sensors when I change the pads and rotors.

Originally Posted by jmk
Honesty is good. I like the PD kit... I personally don't like modding my car with parts that everyone else has. I also really dislike any replica parts, which seem to be a norm around here. The PD kit is unique and has a more JDM feel. Not everyone will like my car but that's completely OK with me. Plus, I am building a VIP inspired car so this is more fitting.

The side skirts do bug me a bit and I'm looking into swapping them out. The issue is that I wanted the E61 front... which came with the E61 sides. The E60 kit is more aggressive and is the only rear bumper that fits the car. I'm actually sponsored by PD so I will work out the kinks with them.
I totally agree with you on the fact that unique is the way to go, and that original parts are the only way to go. I've learned the hard way that replicas are crap - never again. This kind of explains why I still have my Alpina front and haven't gotten the Amuse bumper - even though, I LOVE the design of Amuse. I love the CSR front too, but again - quality is secondary to say the least, and I just don't want to deal with this on a car like BMW. If it were some Accord or something - maybe... for my E60 - ONLY original!!!

BTW What do the bumper grilles look like up-close on the PD front?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

1) M5 replica mirrors
2) 15mm rear spacers
3) reattach the rear spoiler
4) M5 side grills
5) Interior LED lights
6) ACS pedals
7) HID fog lights
8) Wrap interior trim thats been peeling

I have all the parts waiting to be installed besides for #8. Hopefully I can get this all done before summer.
Trunk filling up with more mods-530136_10100501756363396_37520755_46404493_1501313494_n.jpg
Trunk filling up with more mods-539185_10100501753209716_37520755_46404476_1868884288_n.jpg
Trunk filling up with more mods-549809_10100501752580976_37520755_46404466_308665349_n.jpg
Trunk filling up with more mods-554694_10100501754327476_37520755_46404486_583777792_n.jpg
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by v_therussian
If yours weren't an M54 engine, I'd say keep it forever... still, one of the last of the inline 6 cylinder 530's might mean something to someone eventually. hopefully

Yeah, but after having 5 straight V-8's, it's been tough having the I-6. I want a newer 5er, whether E60 or F10 is to be decided, but it has GOT to be a V-8 or better next. Seeing as how my new job is less tha 7 miles from my house, fuel economy is much less of a concern than it was when I bought my car
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by pjinca
Yeah, but after having 5 straight V-8's, it's been tough having the I-6. I want a newer 5er, whether E60 or F10 is to be decided, but it has GOT to be a V-8 or better next. Seeing as how my new job is less tha 7 miles from my house, fuel economy is much less of a concern than it was when I bought my car
But rising gas prices...!

Quick Reply: Trunk filling up with more mods