E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Trunk filling up with more mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I am excited about a few new mods I'm planning

So far I've procured a set of front rotors (R1 Concept drilled and slotted) and a G2 Blue caliper paint kit. I've noticed that the finish on my BBS's is beginning to develop small cracks, so I'll probably be getting those powdercoated one of these days. And Chris has inspired me to try my hand at vinyl wrapping, so I've been pondering getting my hands on some of that...

So that's about where I'm at so far. What are your plans for this season? Any mods? Track days? Meets?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

My mods are pretty much done. I do want to replace my roof and trunk spoilers, and possibly refinish my wheels. The modding is tapering down while I decide how much longer I actually want to keep my car. I know it will be gone to someone else before it hits 100k (it's at 79k)
Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

man, im just happy you're keeping your car to be honest!

upcoming mods for the spring/summer (most this wknd):
  • CF front lip & side panel extensions....just dropped the mocks off at the machine shop this morning
  • thinking about a set of 20" wheels powdercoated gloss black if i can get the right price on this used set that needs work
  • Orion V2 + Ehssan blackout method (doing this on friday)
  • Creating my own yellow AEs from the stock bulbs...on paper it should work but we will see (i want to backlight the orions with yellow)
  • strongly considering removing all my trim and covering it in real CF then completing the look with a clear resin (still researching this one)
  • Dinan 16% underdrive pully - seems like my next performance mod this summer
  • LCI tails....i refuse to pay a lot so the hunt continues
  • lowering spring install (maybe tonight if i can find a breaker bar for this strut tower bolt thats being a sonofabitch to loosen)
i could go on & on but check out my build thread for more info lol
Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

Id love to convert my 530i to dual exhaust, add a body kit or maybe just m5 front bumper and rear bumper with that black plastic along the bottom (sorry for not knowing the proper terminology I think it might be called difuser) im not sold on the skirts part yet and my rim money is all ready packed away in the draw just waiting for the right deal to come along, its still a toss up between 166 & 167. And a nice spoiler I don't know the brand of the one I like I've seen it on 550s I don't know if that's how they come stock. I haven't seen it on my color car though because I heard they don't make M's in titanium silver.

Last summer
outside I did the blackout orions already matte black grill and blackout roundels

This winter I did
inside with 10 inch sub and amp, back up cam and mod my nav video inputs which includes video ipod., retrofitted aux jack and added calling Bluetooth and music via bt.

So slowly I'm getting there..
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

the M style wheels on the 550i are called 172s or Style 172

and yes, the piece at the bottom of M Tech bumpers is called the rear diffuser...great list of mods completed and plans to come
Old 04-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Nice list guys

Mods Im planning on doing this season
1. M5 brakes (all 4) still debating what color calipers i wanna go with
2. Full Lumma Non wide bodykit
3. Maybe refinish my wheels
4. Custom Remus quads
last maybe Cobb tune but will see
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

hmmmm... where do i begin
1.e60 is almost done, just waiting on my sc it will be ready by summertime( fingers crossed)
2.e90 is getting a complete makeover before bimmerfest
3.on the hunt for an old school bmw i prefer wagon for my next project
if no wagon,then seriously looking for an e30 or e36 (you guys got no idea what i have planned out for this car if i find a descent one soon, so let the search begins!!

so far that's it lol!! thanks guys
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
the M style wheels on the 550i are called 172s or Style 172

and yes, the piece at the bottom of M Tech bumpers is called the rear diffuser...great list of mods completed and plans to come
Thanks Chris I confused u I either want 166 or 167 rims as far as the 550 goes i just like its spoiler i dunno if that's a standard M spoiler or if there is a difference between it and the one on the m5. I know I've seen some after market ones on here that I don't really care to much for
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Whaaat... E90 make over?! But it's great already!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

Simon jg525 is clearly rich LOL..

Hey jg can i get a job?

Quick Reply: Trunk filling up with more mods