E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Trunk filling up with more mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
jmk
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I totally agree with you on the fact that unique is the way to go, and that original parts are the only way to go. I've learned the hard way that replicas are crap - never again. This kind of explains why I still have my Alpina front and haven't gotten the Amuse bumper - even though, I LOVE the design of Amuse. I love the CSR front too, but again - quality is secondary to say the least, and I just don't want to deal with this on a car like BMW. If it were some Accord or something - maybe... for my E60 - ONLY original!!!

BTW What do the bumper grilles look like up-close on the PD front?
Whether you're modding a Civic or a BMW, you should only buy original parts IMO. I feel that the more support replica companies get, the less motivation authentic companies have to invest in R&D. Oh well...

I really wanted the full Wald kit but it just wasn't in the budget since I just bought the car. I love the Ericsson trunk but there's no way I'd pay $8-9k for it.

Here's a pic of the PD front. I bought some black powdercoated mesh to replace what was supplied from here. Also painted the kidney grill since I dislike chrome on the body.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

More pics please. Will this front bumper fit a M5? I ask because of the wider front fenders.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Members

Is that an oem front bar you have?? I like the design of the front splitters extended.

Where did you get it??

Originally Posted by houbmw
1) M5 replica mirrors
2) 15mm rear spacers
3) reattach the rear spoiler
4) M5 side grills
5) Interior LED lights
6) ACS pedals
7) HID fog lights
8) Wrap interior trim thats been peeling

I have all the parts waiting to be installed besides for #8. Hopefully I can get this all done before summer.
Attachment 131927
Attachment 131928
Attachment 131929
Attachment 131930
Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pjinca
Yeah, but after having 5 straight V-8's, it's been tough having the I-6. I want a newer 5er, whether E60 or F10 is to be decided, but it has GOT to be a V-8 or better next. Seeing as how my new job is less tha 7 miles from my house, fuel economy is much less of a concern than it was when I bought my car
I sense an M car in your future, Sensei

Originally Posted by jmk
Whether you're modding a Civic or a BMW, you should only buy original parts IMO. I feel that the more support replica companies get, the less motivation authentic companies have to invest in R&D. Oh well...

I really wanted the full Wald kit but it just wasn't in the budget since I just bought the car. I love the Ericsson trunk but there's no way I'd pay $8-9k for it.

Here's a pic of the PD front. I bought some black powdercoated mesh to replace what was supplied from here. Also painted the kidney grill since I dislike chrome on the body.
Right on! Original or bust!!!!

This head on shot of the PD bumper actually got me warming up to it. But I'd never have the courage to put anything that low on my front - it will be gone the first day I drive it LOL
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
jmk
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i

This head on shot of the PD bumper actually got me warming up to it. But I'd never have the courage to put anything that low on my front - it will be gone the first day I drive it LOL
Haha it's not that bad... you just need to be aware of the roads you're driving on

Picked up some new side skirts that flow much better with the car. Once I get them on, I'll show you some pics... maybe even sway your opinion!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

jg525 you're going to put a SC on your car? I thought that was pretty much impossible in the N52 engine. It might blow...in a bad way. However, if your contacts have a sure fire way of safely doing it, I can't wait to see it! As a fellow N52 owner, I wish you luck since we may have some hope in getting some serious HP upgrades.

Anyway, as for myself, I just placed an order for the CIC Navigation w\ Combox 6NR/FL.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by jmk
Honesty is good. I like the PD kit... I personally don't like modding my car with parts that everyone else has. I also really dislike any replica parts, which seem to be a norm around here. The PD kit is unique and has a more JDM feel. Not everyone will like my car but that's completely OK with me. Plus, I am building a VIP inspired car so this is more fitting.

The side skirts do bug me a bit and I'm looking into swapping them out. The issue is that I wanted the E61 front... which came with the E61 sides. The E60 kit is more aggressive and is the only rear bumper that fits the car. I'm actually sponsored by PD so I will work out the kinks with them.
Damn those LHs look fuckin boss. As far as the VIP deal is concerned...why did you pick this platform? This platform is so far from being a VIP platform.

In any case, not feelin the "JDM feel" PD E60 bumper, the E61 maybe, but to each his own. Again, your wheels & fitment, on point and fuckin sick Ordens.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by jmk
Haha it's not that bad... you just need to be aware of the roads you're driving on

Picked up some new side skirts that flow much better with the car. Once I get them on, I'll show you some pics... maybe even sway your opinion!
Will be on the look out for those pics

Originally Posted by balbs
jg525 you're going to put a SC on your car? I thought that was pretty much impossible in the N52 engine. It might blow...in a bad way. However, if your contacts have a sure fire way of safely doing it, I can't wait to see it! As a fellow N52 owner, I wish you luck since we may have some hope in getting some serious HP upgrades.

Anyway, as for myself, I just placed an order for the CIC Navigation w\ Combox 6NR/FL.
Pretty sure he has an M54 engine, AND he's getting a custom SC done anyway, so it doesn't matter. I am looking forward to see what it will turn out like. As we all know, there was another install that never truly worked on the M54 in the past, but that was not a fully custom job... either way, I'm waiting to see what happens there!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by patrickdsg
Is that an oem front bar you have?? I like the design of the front splitters extended.

Where did you get it??
That is the BMW M-tech kit and I added ACS front splitters. Got the splitters from Eurorev in California.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Pretty sure he has an M54 engine, AND he's getting a custom SC done anyway, so it doesn't matter. I am looking forward to see what it will turn out like. As we all know, there was another install that never truly worked on the M54 in the past, but that was not a fully custom job... either way, I'm waiting to see what happens there!
Naw, he has an 07 525i. I'm pretty sure that's N52.

Quick Reply: Trunk filling up with more mods