E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sprint Booster Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: No mods

does the SB (auto) made for the e60 will fit other models?

my car is due for service and i might use it on the loaner. hopefully a 335i , but more likely a mini cooper/328i.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='484493' date='Oct 22 2007, 08:45 AM
If you are happy to loose the current Sport Button function then you can use it to switch anything on or off.
So Bruce, you are saying the SB could be switched on & off!?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='485610' date='Oct 24 2007, 12:35 PM
does the SB (auto) made for the e60 will fit other models?

my car is due for service and i might use it on the loaner. hopefully a 335i , but more likely a mini cooper/328i.
Yeah Sprintbooster stated that their Auto SB will fit any BMW and Mini cooper models above Yr 2000.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Banned

I have to say for those worried about a loss of smooth ride or a jerky ride. Also crappy gas milage after installing the SB-I can tell you after a few weeks with it plus having a recent addition of a supercharger which doesnt exactly provide a smooth power boost-I can completely drive as smooth as before and my mileage has not suffered at all providing I do drive smoothly and not getting on the gas-but that is simply too hard not to do and I burn through gas pretty decently.

But after a few weeks your foot just adapts and learns how to use the pedal smoothly.

I posted in another thread but currently had to take a loaner 528 while my brakes were being worked on and it obviously had no SB and I felt like i had to just mash the pedal to see the same response I do with a tap of the pedal on my car with SB.

Also downshifts in DS when trying to accelerate are lightning fast rather than quite slow without SB. I have realized that since it amplifies the signal basically to the computer, it also amplifies signals for downshifts. So instead of having to floor the pedal quite far to get a downshift in DS-a slight tap of the pedal will amplify that signal and create a downshift that not only happens sooner but happens quicker.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

redwhiteblue, can you please, PLEASE post some pictures of your supercharger. I am really interested in this setup an looking to do something similar, but I would like to see some pictures though.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='485618' date='Oct 24 2007, 12:53 PM
So Bruce, you are saying the SB could be switched on & off!?

+1 - inquiring minds want to know
Old 10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2013 M5 - Sakhir Orange / Black Leather.

Ordered mine this morning on eBay. Andy just e-mailed me to confirm my car, transmission type, etc. Very impressive!! I'm really looking forward to installing it.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='485884' date='Oct 25 2007, 05:40 AM
I have to say for those worried about a loss of smooth ride or a jerky ride. Also crappy gas milage after installing the SB-I can tell you after a few weeks with it plus having a recent addition of a supercharger which doesnt exactly provide a smooth power boost-I can completely drive as smooth as before and my mileage has not suffered at all providing I do drive smoothly and not getting on the gas-but that is simply too hard not to do and I burn through gas pretty decently.

But after a few weeks your foot just adapts and learns how to use the pedal smoothly.

I posted in another thread but currently had to take a loaner 528 while my brakes were being worked on and it obviously had no SB and I felt like i had to just mash the pedal to see the same response I do with a tap of the pedal on my car with SB.

Also downshifts in DS when trying to accelerate are lightning fast rather than quite slow without SB. I have realized that since it amplifies the signal basically to the computer, it also amplifies signals for downshifts. So instead of having to floor the pedal quite far to get a downshift in DS-a slight tap of the pedal will amplify that signal and create a downshift that not only happens sooner but happens quicker.
+100: after adapting to the new pedal feel, I was able to control the throttle a lot better. MPG may suffer a bit during hard acceleration, but in gentle driving it's hardly noticeable.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

Hey All,

I tried the SB today that another fellow forum member was selling since the group buy SB was sold out.
After it was installed, I got a "transmission error" message but it went away after we removed the SB and plugged the oem harness back on. Also, my driver side parking lamp is now dimed. What gives with this transmission error message and dimming the parking lamp?

I decided to pull the plug on the SB for now until further research/feedback. I know in the DYI section, people were mentioning the error message may be due bent pin. Anyone else experience issues with their parking lamp dimed?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

I've had it on my car for a while and fyi, i haven't had any problems with it ...i even unplugged the sb and reinstalled it underneath the carpet neatly so the wires won't show ...most probably, the sb that you have with you is faulty...but, who knows, just try checking the pins...

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Installed!