E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

SPRINT BOOSTER.....hhmmmmmm????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 535i SPORT l Deep Sea Blue l 19" AC Schnitzers Type IV Forged l GP Thunders & Hoen Fogs l SolarGuard 28%

i finally got to test the SB out at this AM meet......all i can say is WHOOOAAA but it aint for everybody......why do i say this, OK here is my reasoning:

-since its main purpose is to retard the brain (logistics) into thinkin' the RPM is rev'ing higher therefore eliminating the delay or "lag" that we all referring to, but in doing this it also keeps the gears from shifting meaning it holds each gear all the way to redline but if u have an AUTOMATIC (like i do) that means if u press on the gas pedal even so lightly granted it will pull like a monster but it will also hold its gear til the engine screams (basically redline) before it shifts to 2nd, 3rd or 4th.....

-let me explain, being that i have an automatic sometimes i really dont wanna pull away or race at each light or have the car JERK (neck snapping) like a monster say when i have my mother or a client in the car..... yes this SB will eliminate the "lag" that we all encounter but honestly if i really wanted to just a quick slam on the throttle does the same job!!

-now if u have a manual or SMG transmission then i will say the SB is the way to go & prob the best mod u can get or how i like to put it....BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!! being that it will eliminate the 2 second "lag" we all despise and u can "shift" at your leisure therefore u get the best of both worlds.....

hope this solves the myth or the urban legend of the so called SPRINT BOOSTER!!

**also, for "auto" this mod is a gas guzzler cuz its like you're constantly driving wit a lead foot**
Old 11-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

thanx for sharing your thoughts. nice write up
Old 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Members

U guys are killin me!!! I said all I wanted was a system, wheels and maybe a drop....... and now im lookin at tryin 2 spend 6 grand in mods and can't help my self!!....it's worse than crack.... I always see other cars... Hear bout the mods and get the "itch"!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by baje1' post='729382' date='Nov 23 2008, 05:19 PM
U guys are killin me!!! I said all I wanted was a system, wheels and maybe a drop....... and now im lookin at tryin 2 spend 6 grand in mods and can't help my self!!....it's worse than crack.... I always see other cars... Hear bout the mods and get the "itch"!!!
Mod'n is inevitable here....

Gotta love e60.net
Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Its a gas guzzler mod if u decide not to adjust your footwork
Old 11-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by baje1' post='729382' date='Nov 23 2008, 06:19 PM

I hear you, man. I saved a bunch of money ordering my car by reading info on this forum and bimmerfest.

I don't even have my car yet and I looking at spending more than I saved already.

summer wheels - probably Miro M6 since I'll have an 535i xdrive
mtech aero kit
m5 mirrors
sports auto transmission box
paddle shifters
angleeye and fog light bulb replacements

Additional possibilities:
H&R springs
ACM
backup camera
front camera
almost forgot - sprint booster
Old 11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

nice congrats!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

this is def. my next mod
Old 11-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Silver Metallic w/Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Poplar Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close. Mods: RPI Exhaust, Scoop + FIlter, License plate LED lights

For those who have sprint booster on auto....
Is it worth it?
And is there anyway to have the auto turned into the SMG transmission which has no ill effect on the car?
And does having the sprint booster change the drive in D mode only, meaning is there still a difference between the D and DS mode when u have the sprint booster installed?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 silver gray metallic 530i with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, navigation, and L-7 audio.

I was pretty sold on buying one, but now I'm hesitant...

In reference to the original post/review, "it keeps the gears from shifting meaning it holds each gear all the way to redline but if u have an AUTOMATIC (like i do) that means if u press on the gas pedal even so lightly granted it will pull like a monster but it will also hold its gear til the engine screams (basically redline) before it shifts to 2nd, 3rd or 4th."

Will the SB prevent shifting at normal shift points if you're driving more casually? Meaning, does it always shift at redline even if your driving more gently? I have to agree that there's a time and a place for more "spirited" driving, but sometimes with my family in the car, I want to drive more conservatively and I don't want the engine to rev and shift at redline all the time. Is this what I should expect from a SB install?

I want to eliminate the dreaded fly-by-wire lag, but not if its going to cause the car to shift at redline all the time, or even if it alters the shift point and causes the car to shift at higher RPMs. For those with automatic transmissions and with a SB installed, please help. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: SPRINT BOOSTER.....hhmmmmmm????