E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

SPRINT BOOSTER.....hhmmmmmm????

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Hall' post='730967' date='Nov 25 2008, 04:14 PM
Mine certainly doesnt redline with regular driving and if it did the sb wouldnt be for me. Im sure the gbox learns as it would pre sb and although you do get used to it that the effects of sb do calm down a little with the gbox learning process.

When i get a little time i do intend to take it off to see what it was like pre sb as im starting to forget, but judging by others that have done this it will soon be back on again.

I did get the increased emissions warning when i first connected the sb but that cleared itself after a few miles.

Imo the 30 sec gbox reset is essential when the sb is 1st fitted.
Let us know when you take the SB off and tell us what it's like.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Lee... aka Littlemouse... chime in hun!! you got it on now.. AND your an automatic... enquiring minds wanna know.. give the fans of the impecible SB the info they need...lol
Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by smarty156' post='731817' date='Nov 26 2008, 12:40 PM
Let us know when you take the SB off and tell us what it's like.
Well ive foresaken my tea ( diet coke) break and duly removed the sb with a tranny reset
Old 11-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

I got my SB dedicated for the auto on Monday for my 535d,( which only comes with the auto box).

I was sceptical at first of the SB's claims about the car just 'Feeling faster', but after trying it, it's like the car has been put on steroids
The power gets to the rear wheels so much faster, and the car feels so much more alive, and that shove in the back you get is priceless!! You have to be a lot gentler on the throttle, if you want to just cruise, which is so easy to master, and takes less than 5 mins of driving to get to grips with it.

The way the car now responds, makes it feel as though it has been highly tuned, in the low to mid range. The top end feels no different. I've read that the car redlines in all gear changes, but I have not found this to be the case.

A big improvement that I have found, is when you are travelling at relatively low speeds, and you drop the throttle to overtake say, it now drops down a gear a lot quicker. Before SB, (even with the mighty 535d) in D mode it would want to hold the higher gear, and accelerate using the torque, which often felt like there was a big delay in getting the power down. Now that is solved

It is very similar to driving in DS mode, when you do want to put your foot down, but without the engine holding the lower gears all the time. so when you do want to accelerate swiftly it does, brilliantly, but then as soon as you ease off the gas, it just swiftly changes up the gears, to a comfortable cruising mode.

Two things to do when you have installed the SB, is to first re-set the gearbox, and then learn to have a little finesse with your right foot on the accelerator pedal (Hell, even my wife has got the hang of that one, and she's as lead footed as they come )

The only down side of the SB that I can see is that you will probably be visiting the garage for rear tyres more regularly than you thought, if you don't stop mashing the pedal, cos that little orange light on the dash is on constantly But the trouble is, it is just so much fun being heavy footed, and as well, it just puts a massive smile on your face... which I think is worth 1000 miles of tread

Overall impression of the Sprint-booster.....

Lee
Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

well said.. cant wait