E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i E61 LCI auto, pro media, memory seats , pano roof, power fold mirrors, extended interior light pack, visibility pack, sun protect windows, 172 spiders.

Originally Posted by kbimmer
kleynie,the terminal socket for ebox connector is one of the below part numbers when I purchased at dealershop.
61-13-8-366-260 $0.72
61-13-8-369-700 $0.72
realoem link is here
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=61&fg=15&hl=8
Wow thanks for that, a result at last.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i E61 LCI auto, pro media, memory seats , pano roof, power fold mirrors, extended interior light pack, visibility pack, sun protect windows, 172 spiders.

I installed my SAT shifter today and all went well, very easy, 30 minutes tops. I have a problem though, the dealer sent me part number 6985886 which is the black and aluminium cover piece but it is for a left hand drive car when mine is right hand drive. Also the surround on the part sent is black plastic when the old one I removed is covered in black leather, so does anyone know the part number for the leather covered part for a right hand drive car?
Also my new sport button doesn't seem to do anything, I have checked that it is plugged in properly and when pressed the light comes on but no difference in steering weight, is this because I have active steering?

One tip, don't close the boot when you have disconnected the battery like I did, it won't open again! I had to climb through the boot to reconnect the battery!

Thanks for your help

Ian
Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by kleynie
I installed my SAT shifter today and all went well, very easy, 30 minutes tops. I have a problem though, the dealer sent me part number 6985886 which is the black and aluminium cover piece but it is for a left hand drive car when mine is right hand drive. Also the surround on the part sent is black plastic when the old one I removed is covered in black leather, so does anyone know the part number for the leather covered part for a right hand drive car?
Also my new sport button doesn't seem to do anything, I have checked that it is plugged in properly and when pressed the light comes on but no difference in steering weight, is this because I have active steering?

One tip, don't close the boot when you have disconnected the battery like I did, it won't open again! I had to climb through the boot to reconnect the battery!

Thanks for your help

Ian
Why did you not pull the key out of the keyfob and use that to open the boot?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Members

The touring doesn't have a keyhole in the boot. Are you still up for a bit of coding BLooD?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

The touring doesn't have a keyhole in the boot. Are you still up for a bit of coding BLooD?
Always ready and willing dood
Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Members

I fitted my steering wheel with paddles today and connected up the wires to the szl, BLooD is coding it for me at the weekend but I thought I'd check everything worked with a multimeter first. So I put my meter on the end of the wire which goes to x6031 in the ebox, the wire was not yet connected so I expected to see voltage coming from the szl with the ignition on but nothing!
I have already asked BLooD this question and he isn't 100% sure, would I still get voltage from pin 13 of x1880 on the szl without coding?
I am expecting to see 12v when in park, 3.7 to 3.8v when in drive, 2.4 to 2.5v for an upshift and 1.2 to 1.25v for a downshift as per the SIB, but I have nothing at all.

Just to confirm I joined pin 13 of x1880 on the szl to pin 11 of x6031 in the e box, I also connected ground to pin 12 of x6031 in the szl.

I am visiting BLooD on Sunday so perhaps the coding will make it work?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Members

I have already asked BLooD this question and he isn't 100% sure, would I still get voltage from pin 13 of x1880 on the szl without coding?
donīt ask blood ask germans

no coding no voltage to the paddles.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bert69
donīt ask blood ask germans

no coding no voltage to the paddles.
Perfect, thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Thanks for your help

Ian
And for us yankees, boot=trunk
Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Originally Posted by epilithic
And for us yankees, boot=trunk
If the surround is the same as mine(RHD car), it is interchangable between the two, it unclips- the only difference was in the 'alloy' surround to the gearlever- biggest difference being the cut out for the sport button

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit