E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bert69
Here the DIY :
(contact me for pw i want to protect for abuse)
Dear Bert69.
i've been following this post carefully. May you send the pw for the DYI you've presented in the forum? it might help me retrofit a paddle shifter into my E61 dA touring.

thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by anubius
Dear Bert69.
i've been following this post carefully. May you send the pw for the DYI you've presented in the forum? it might help me retrofit a paddle shifter into my E61 dA touring.

thanks in advance.

Seriously....???? look 2 posts up.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 LCI

Who knows...

Can I put the steering wheel with paddles without changing Shiftbox Gear-selector - standart instead sport-selector (61 31 9 165671)??????
Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Sure - you just won't be able to use the paddles and won't have any of the SAT functionality

The shiftbox contains the computer module that controls the SAT functionality... it's the one piece you absolutely need if you want to retrofit SAT. As NoQuarter demonstrated, the new wheel/paddles are optional.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Wpg550
Sure - you just won't be able to use the paddles and won't have any of the SAT functionality

The shiftbox contains the computer module that controls the SAT functionality... it's the one piece you absolutely need if you want to retrofit SAT. As NoQuarter demonstrated, the new wheel/paddles are optional.

I made out Shift box (standart stick).
I saw that the control board is the same as on the Sports ECU, is missing some elements of SMD.
Sport shifter is the same as standard shifter, but they are connected to different terminals.
See below.

If someone can send me a picture of the electronic board of the Sports ECU, I could remake the standard ECU in Sport.
Attached Thumbnails Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-1.jpg   Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-2.jpg   Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-3.jpg   Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-4.jpg  
Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Members

My Ride: Current - 07 X5 4.8 Sport, HUD, Cold Weather, Technology package, Premium Sound, Hitch, 214 Summer Wheels, 298 M Winter wheels Mods-M Steering wheel, LCI Tailights Sold to make room for future M5- 08 550 SpaceGray Msport, Fully Loaded, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Cold Weather, Htd Rear Seats, Sunshade, Logic 7/HD Radio, SAT, iPod, Lane Departure Warning, Fold Down Rear Seats Mods: Dinan ECU, V1 w/ concealed Display, Tint all around M5 Mirrors waiting Paint/Install RDsport Quad Exhaust waiting Install M5 style 166 wheels waiting install Sold - 07 550i

If anyone is interested, I have a set of the OEM Steering Wheels Paddles. These are the ones that come with the Sport Auto Trans from the factory, with leather inserts.
See my FS post
https://5series.net/forums/topic/117...gopid__1387846
Old 10-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hermman
I made out Shift box (standart stick).
I saw that the control board is the same as on the Sports ECU, is missing some elements of SMD.
Sport shifter is the same as standard shifter, but they are connected to different terminals.
See below.

If someone can send me a picture of the electronic board of the Sports ECU, I could remake the standard ECU in Sport.

Does anyone have pictures of the pcb unit for Sport shifter?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Members

hi hermman i dont understand your problem ?

you need the gearbox for lci SAT not the normal gearbox from lci.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bert69
hi hermman i dont understand your problem ?

you need the gearbox for lci SAT not the normal gearbox from lci.

I think, that the pcb board of SAT shiftbox is the same as standart shiftbox, only missing some SMD elements.
I want to make from standart shifbox- SAT shiftbox. It's cheaper than to buy SAT one.
That's the problem ....
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i E61 LCI auto, pro media, memory seats , pano roof, power fold mirrors, extended interior light pack, visibility pack, sun protect windows, 172 spiders.

Originally Posted by aal2000
Hi guys I need some help
A few weeks ago I had asked about programming SAT $2TB retrofit
I have already finished all the hardware installation but I have been trying to get my car coded to have the hardware working
I went to a dealer to get it done but they said it is not possible to have SAT in my 525d LCI 03/2007
I know that it is possible because the SAT gear module is compatible with my car
I would like to asked you something: could it be possible to have VO from your cars to compare with mine and find out what is it missing?
I just delete $205 and add $2TB and we have got some error from the coding machine (a dealer one not NCS Expert)
Thanks
I think I have asked you this before but did you install the wires from the steering column to the e box under the hood? If not I believe you will be getting error messages relating to smg (paddles).

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit