E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

yep they are optional; you will get 95% of the functionality without them
Old 07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Members

Can someone please send me the password for the pdf bert69 created with instructions? Also, do you know what type of plug/software I need if I were to do the coding myself? Thanks!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

I've been asked several times now to PM the password as Bert may not always respond timely. I personally see no reason why it should be secret and I can't keep spending time on PM'ing this password so here it goes and I hope Bert will forgive me!

goodoldgermany

I also think it a pity that those members interested in doing the mod see the file but cannot open it. If response drags out then file may never be opened and mod may never be done and that renders moot the whole point of the work gone into making the DIY!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

I completely agree, but I believe the intention was positive: to give 5series.net a "credit", as the DIY evolved here. That means people interested have to register here, get the pass and possibly discuss and contribute here. But that's not how internet works in practice so I agree that the password can be either public or the file could be open.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Guys, I finally have more time to get to this awesome mod. Will post results then.

One question I'm still curious about:

Does the throttle map/response/shifting get better with SAT even without using the SPORT button?

What is the result of the mod if you don't use the sport button at all? Does anything change?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

When sport isn't engaged, there's no difference at all
Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Members

Hi all. I'm gonna try to do this mod. Only one thing... i've bought a SMG wheel drive whith paddles. I suppose this wheel drive is ok for this mod, don't you?. And other thought... if i do the wiring of paddles, but don't install the SAT... May work the shift paddles with VO?.

Best regards!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by L30n
i've bought a SMG wheel drive whith paddles. I suppose this wheel drive is ok for this mod, don't you?.

show us a picture of the wire- connectors of the wheel paddels

And other thought... if i do the wiring of paddles, but don't install the SAT... May work the shift paddles with VO?.

i dont think so ... but try it ... i only know that the VO (SAT) make it happend to switch the gear by wheelpaddels
Old 08-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Members

The wheel drive is this one:

And the connector is that small black one.

That connector goes here:

And the signals of paddles are this ones...

I think this is the same wheel drive like de DIY one, the only difference is that in this one, the shift paddles are iluminated...

This was my old wheel drive:

And the new one:

Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Members

hey L30n nice wheel ... thats the wheel from the e60 M5 ...
i remember my paddele had also two wires in the connector (paddleconnector) so i think it must work ... tell us if its done !

ps: can you make a photo from the wheel behind the paddles ?

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit