E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Remus Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 545smg' post='197213
Originally Posted by The Kloser' post='195925' date='Nov 9 2005, 03:10 PM
Got it. www.arqray.jp
they have an english page, and are supposedly gonna have a dealer in CA. in a couple of months
Thanks for the link.

Their Z4 has one wild paint job.
great write up, I just purchased the eisenmann's with the racing performance - I will let you know and compare with the others. I thought about going with B & B, but as the thread discussion described - I just want the road noise while highway cruising - would rather have a throatier sound when accelerating a bit harder and throttle blipping at higher rpms'. I will have them on next week and try to record a sound byte to post
[/quote]
My B&B is loud between 1K and 2K, but only if the engine is under too much load--mostly when in 6th and trying to accelerate from between 1.5K and 2K. I just downshift, and all is well. As implied, if I am not trying to accelerate in 6th, then there is not much noise between, say, 1.5K and 2K. The loudness in 6th is one reason I drive only in DS/M. Once I get above 2K or see that there will be no need to accelerate, I shift to M6. I can't imagine being below 1.5K in any gear but 1st or 2nd--and maaaayyyybbbbeee 3rd--even without a B&B. And, actually, I have started driving almost exclusively in M. Everything is very, very smooth and quiet that way--unless I want otherwise. Then, vrroooommmm.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

For all interested, check here for some thoughts on improving after-market exhaust tip locations. Be sure and read to the bottom of the thread.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by donv' post='197439' date='Nov 12 2005, 07:16 PM
For all interested, check here for some thoughts on improving after-market exhaust tip locations. Be sure and read to the bottom of the thread.
That link takes me to the list of thread topics.

Perhaps you are referring to this thread where you and I had a great discussion on using hangers and bungee cords:
Undate--Report on B&B Exhaust, B&B Excellent

If not, then I apologize and will delete this post.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='197389
Congratulations on the Remus. I hope you don't mind answering a couple of questions:

1. It is hard for me to imagine a deeper sound than the B&B, but if the Remus has an even deeper sound then that's super! Have you also heard the B&B in person or just in video clips?

2. When you say that the Remus is quiet when "cruising" what RPM range are you talking about? My B&B is pretty quiet if I am cruising above about 2000 RPM. However, if it is between 1000 and 2000 RPM's it can be annoyingly loud, regardless of whether my foot is on the throttle or off. The only way to keep it quiet is to have the accelerator in a position where I am pushing on it slightly so that it's neither accelerating or decelerating.

I love the loud deep sound when starting the car and under hard acceleration, but the sound between 1000 and 2000 RPM is a bit too much. I know it's personal taste because there are many B&B owners here that have no problem with the sound in that RPM range, but I wouldn't mind going to something a bit quieter.

The funny thing is that I listened to both the Eisenmann (Racing Version) and B&B in person before buying mine and decided I liked the B&B better (and I still do). I even posted video clips of both on this forum. I guess when I was in that car it was for only 10 minutes or so, and even though I noticed the same thing I thought that it was "cool", but having to live with it on my car on a daily basis is different.

Is there anyone in SoCal that has or is planning to get a Remus on a 545i or 550i? I would love to hear it in person.
Yup, I heard the B&B in person on both a 545 and 530 before I decided on the Remus.

I know what you're talking about with cruising:
Between 1 and 2k rpm, I think the B&B is pretty loud. On the Remus, 1 to 2k rpm is only a tiny bit louder than stock. It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, its a pleasant sound to me since its so deep.
Above 2k rpm, the B&B gets quieter, but the Remus becomes absolutely dead silent like stock.

Basically, if you're looking for a drastic change, B&B is the way to go. A lot of ppl love it. My first impression, however, was that its a bit too much when you're driving around the city or when you're not driving aggresively. Its almost a bit annoying when you just want to relax. For me, the Remus is more versatile, can be quiet or loud depending on the situation. And its deeper, which I liked.

It was a tough choice for me between the Remus and B&B. When it came down to it, I thought of it this way -The B&B is a bit over the top, you can definately tell its aftermarket.
The Remus is like what I wished the 545 sounded like when it was stock. It just seems "appropriate" for this car...

I hope this helps. Maybe you'll think the Remus is too quiet, who knows. Definately try to listen to it if you get a chance.
[/quote]

Thanks for your answers. I hope someone in the LA area gets a Remus soon so that I can listen to it in person .
Old 11-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='197539' date='Nov 13 2005, 03:59 AM
Thanks for your answers. I hope someone in the LA area gets a Remus soon so that I can listen to it in person .
Keep in mind the ACS sounds very similar to the Remus. (I read ACS exhausts are made by Remus)
So if you stumble upon an ACS, maybe you'd want to check that out as well.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='197516
That link takes me to the list of thread topics.

Perhaps you are referring to this thread where you and I had a great discussion on using hangers and bungee cords:
Undate--Report on B&B Exhaust, B&B Excellent

If not, then I apologize and will delete this post.
[/quote]
You got it right. Centurion. ~{;^) Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of software? Thanks. I fixed the "here" link. And, it was an interesting discussion. It was supposed to be an "Update" not an "Undate." ~0{;^)