E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ordered a bolt-on. Well, I guess two(?) bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

All I have to say is when and if you ever get these headers on your doorstep, I'll be praying they fit

You have more patience than I do.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by west
I just mailed them this evening to follow up. Afterall, "Wednesday of next week" was over 2 weeks ago...WTF!

Remember guys, these headers were ordered back in late November. They said it would be a 6 week wait and it's been over 5 months and they haven't produced anything. Should I ask for my money back and just have some custom made or what? These things aren't cheap.
In this day and age I would never put up with such a long time frame and run a round. Have you ever considered another vendor that may be more reliable?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Roundel550
In this day and age I would never put up with such a long time frame and run a round. Have you ever considered another vendor that may be more reliable?
Ends up there were a couple middle-men involved so cutting those out may have helped in my scenario, I dunno. If I were to order SuperSpring parts again, I think I would rather order directly from SuperSprint (they have prices on their website).

Good news is it looks like the headers were shipped from SuperSprint NA yesterday and I have a tracking number for a package that weighs 36lbs. Should be here by Tuesday. Hopefully it's a set of stainless steel headers from SuperSprint! I just closed the door to my office and danced a little..
Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See Signature
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by west
Ends up there were a couple middle-men involved so cutting those out may have helped in my scenario, I dunno. If I were to order SuperSpring parts again, I think I would rather order directly from SuperSprint (they have prices on their website).

Good news is it looks like the headers were shipped from SuperSprint NA yesterday and I have a tracking number for a package that weighs 36lbs. Should be here by Tuesday. Hopefully it's a set of stainless steel headers from SuperSprint! I just closed the door to my office and danced a little..
Congrats man! Let us know when the install is and then take videos!! I can't wait to see the improved performance and hear these things on your car
Old 05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I'm very interested to find out how the headers sound and what kind of gains you get of the V8. I just did headers on my m54 and I'm getting quite a bit of rasp, do you know if this will be the case with the V8's?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cleung
I just did headers on my m54 and I'm getting quite a bit of rasp, do you know if this will be the case with the V8's?
I think it will get more rasp, yes. I'll be doing a cat-delete as well. What did you do about the sensors when you deleted your cats?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I haven't done anything yet, I have a increased emission code. I have a O2 simulator that I will be installing, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I will get rid of the rasp, it sounds like I have some loose metal rattling.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Senior Members

Guess what arrived..finally, after 6 months...

Ordered a bolt-on.  Well, I guess two(?) bolt-ons-headersarrived.jpg

The quality of the headers is good. I might get in there with a grinder and smooth out a couple welds, but aside from that I think they will be an improvement over the OEM exhaust manifolds. Can't wait to get these installed. I'm may install them myself.

In the process of setting up an appointment to get my car baselined again before the installation since I've made some changes since my last dyno run.

Anybody opposed to using header wrap other than the fact that it's ugly?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

They look so nice...!

What about the cats?
Are you going to keep the factory on those headers?

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AlexFW
They look so nice...!

What about the cats?
Are you going to keep the factory on those headers?

Thanks.
Hey, whats up Alex. I may install without the cats at first then add them later. Undecided.

I do not understand your question: 'Are you going to keep the factory on those headers?'.

Quick Reply: Ordered a bolt-on. Well, I guess two(?) bolt-ons