E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ordered a bolt-on. Well, I guess two(?) bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These things were supposed to be built and delivered within 6 weeks. It's week 9 already and no headers.

Anybody else encounter delays when dealing with SuperSprint or Campioni Shop? Wondering if this is a pattern or just a one-off case.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

I'm sorry to hear that...What are they saying?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
I'm sorry to hear that...What are they saying?
Hey Joe.

I made the purchase through Campioni Shop, and here is a summary of my communications thus far:

December 8:
?The SuperSprint headers are a 6 week wait?

December 9:
?The order has been sent.?

January 25:
?They should be arriving next week from Italy.?

February 7:
?Your system has arrived at SuperSprint NA today and will go out tomorrow. We will have your tracking number tomorrow as well.?

February 8:
?Italy has been delayed in making this header, it will be shipped the last week of March or production Week 11.?
?Since it is out of stock at this time, it has been put on a production schedule. Being that Supersprint is one of the largest exhaust manufacturers and produces all the Hamann, Techart, and Carlsson components along with the Standard Supersprint line, they are not able to change production times of single items or a single line of items without just cause because in doing so it will change the production dates of many other items. This item (022 787 901) is currently being produced Week 11 or the last week of March. I am sorry for the delay, but there is nothing that can be done to speed up this production.?

At this point, I'm waiting to hear back from Campioni Shop to see who the point of contact is over at SuperSprint so I can get more information on why this happened.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

WOW

that sucks, hope it all works out for you Bro
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Contributors

lol wow man

keepin the white man down again
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

that sucks!!! they should give u a partial discount because its twice the wait time
Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

They shouldn't of told you that it shipped...I don't understand that part when clearly it never shipped.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
They shouldn't of told you that it shipped...I don't understand that part when clearly it never shipped.
EXACTLY!!!

...and get this:

Here is my update from them from over 3 weeks ago (their email to me on April 5th):
-----
Here?s the update from SuperSprintNA, a few more days:

?Yes, it got pushed back a few days, but is on its way to us now. We are expecting that header Wednesday of next week to ship out to your customer?.
-----

I just mailed them this evening to follow up. Afterall, "Wednesday of next week" was over 2 weeks ago...WTF!

Remember guys, these headers were ordered back in late November. They said it would be a 6 week wait and it's been over 5 months and they haven't produced anything. Should I ask for my money back and just have some custom made or what? These things aren't cheap.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I am exited to see your review. I am sorry it has been a hassle though. Good luck bro!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

After the part where they said they received the part, then said there was a delay in Italy, I would have been canceled the order. That was a flat out lie.

Or, I would say, guys, if I don't have a rock solid answer in exactly 2 weeks, I'm canceling the order. And by rock solid, I mean the headers in my hands.

Quick Reply: Ordered a bolt-on. Well, I guess two(?) bolt-ons