E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by Igor180?' post='1069263' date='Dec 7 2009, 10:15 AM
I can see a huge fail coming. You guys are seriously going to take the word of a person who sells car parts on eBay for a living? Obviously he's going to tell you anything possible to juice his soon to be failed sales because it's a new product.

FYI, that's not CCFL, neither are the OEM LCI taillights, those lines you guys think are CCFL are actually called CELIS.

I also think that after a few thousand miles, those CELIS bars will eventually start melting and become very uneven due from the heat of the brake light bulbs. On top of that, if you put those taillights right next to an OEM set, you can spot the difference in material from a mile away, aftermarket taillights tend to much more vibrant, the red stands out A LOT more, aswell as the chrome, and IMO... it looks cheap as hell and not any different than when riced out E46's buy eBay LED taillights.

I can't believe you guys are putting eBay taillights on a car that once was/is $50K+ Props to those that actually went through the hassle of getting real LCI taillights, which by the way... are definitely going to get cheaper once people buy these horrendous looking lights.

Looking forward to a review.
If they look the same and function the same why not? Not all of us care if they are OEM or not. I realize there are differences in things that look the same and aren't so don't bring up the fake rolex example. The OEM taillights are nice but are very overpriced, when you break it down how much do the materials actually cost to make them? They are only that expensive because they are "OEM" and no one else has a copy of them. So if there is a new one that comes out, I'm all for giving it a chance. Does a replica AC Snitzer or a real AC Snitzer spoiler function any differently to justify a $1000+ price difference?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by Igor180?' post='1069263' date='Dec 7 2009, 08:15 AM
I can see a huge fail coming. You guys are seriously going to take the word of a person who sells car parts on eBay for a living? Obviously he's going to tell you anything possible to juice his soon to be failed sales because it's a new product.

FYI, that's not CCFL, neither are the OEM LCI taillights, those lines you guys think are CCFL are actually called CELIS.

I also think that after a few thousand miles, those CELIS bars will eventually start melting and become very uneven due from the heat of the brake light bulbs. On top of that, if you put those taillights right next to an OEM set, you can spot the difference in material from a mile away, aftermarket taillights tend to much more vibrant, the red stands out A LOT more, aswell as the chrome, and IMO... it looks cheap as hell and not any different than when riced out E46's buy eBay LED taillights.

I can't believe you guys are putting eBay taillights on a car that once was/is $50K+ Props to those that actually went through the hassle of getting real LCI taillights, which by the way... are definitely going to get cheaper once people buy these horrendous looking lights.

Calm down there sir! By the sound of it, you probably bought the OEM LCI taillights and Bruce cables and saw this post and got angry .

No matter how much our car costs from the factory or how rich/wealthy we are, I would think that most people (99.99999999%, non-exaggerated) would like to find cheaper alternatives to anything. If they look almost as good, and function fine, then why not save $800 to have almost the same thing without the OEM stamps on the inside of the lights?

Also take a look at the E46 M3 forums, ebay headers are a HUGE hit there. $100-$200 headers being put in a $60k car. Yup, apparently no one does these things... (sarcasm intended)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Igor180?' post='1069263' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:15 AM

I have had LED tails off Ebay on my E46 and they looked EXACTLY like OEM and there was nothing ricy about them

I still have some pics so I can prove my statement because next to the stock LED's you would not be able to tell the difference unless you are psychic reader
Old 12-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Contributors

I'll be leaving in 15 minutes to pick up the lights.

I've been in contact with the marketing/sales executive. He said this is a new product for them and they only have 20 units in stock.

He was kind enough to give me a slight discount for testing this product for everyone, and I'm sure it'll be useful for them as well.

Updates will be coming shortly.

In regards to the seemingly disgruntled member, I appreciate your concern (and passion) but ultimately this is just a test for a cheaper alternative to the OEM LCI's and Bruces cables. It is obvious the lights are different, but the point was for me to test them for quality, fit, and looks.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Tick Tock...Tick Tock.

Anxious, much ???
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1069425' date='Dec 7 2009, 02:54 PM

In regards to the seemingly disgruntled member, I appreciate your concern (and passion) but ultimately this is just a test for a cheaper alternative to the OEM LCI's and Bruces cables. It is obvious the lights are different, but the point was for me to test them for quality, fit, and looks.
....and functionality.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1069425' date='Dec 7 2009, 02:54 PM
I'll be leaving in 15 minutes to pick up the lights.

I've been in contact with the marketing/sales executive. He said this is a new product for them and they only have 20 units in stock.

He was kind enough to give me a slight discount for testing this product for everyone, and I'm sure it'll be useful for them as well.

Only 20?!?! shiet..
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1069428' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:59 AM
Only 20?!?! shiet..

+2 Mike, not nearly enough if they're good
Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1069428' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:59 AM
Only 20?!?! shiet..
Totally! Woot I made #7 on the GB list and I'm local, maybe I can snag one of the 20 if redeyejedi approves .

I can barely eat my lunch, I'm too nervous and excited. Sadly I'm not even exaggerating.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

I'm anxious too.. I'm keep refreshing this page for an update.. LOL

Quick Reply: Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?