E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 550i

Mine are still on schedule to arrive tomorrow - they are now in Texas at least! I won't get to install them until after work tomorrow, so any pics will be in the evening. If someone can beat me to the punch getting some install pics up, go for it.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UncleFodder' post='1069224' date='Dec 7 2009, 10:33 AM
Mine are still on schedule to arrive tomorrow - they are now in Texas at least! I won't get to install them until after work tomorrow, so any pics will be in the evening. If someone can beat me to the punch getting some install pics up, go for it.
There is a member picking up his lights today so we will get to see them today.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1069244' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:00 AM
I hope so. I hope we dont get dissapointed.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Members

My Ride: MB CLS 55 AMG

I can see a huge fail coming. You guys are seriously going to take the word of a person who sells car parts on eBay for a living? Obviously he's going to tell you anything possible to juice his soon to be failed sales because it's a new product.

FYI, that's not CCFL, neither are the OEM LCI taillights, those lines you guys think are CCFL are actually called CELIS.

I also think that after a few thousand miles, those CELIS bars will eventually start melting and become very uneven due from the heat of the brake light bulbs. On top of that, if you put those taillights right next to an OEM set, you can spot the difference in material from a mile away, aftermarket taillights tend to much more vibrant, the red stands out A LOT more, aswell as the chrome, and IMO... it looks cheap as hell and not any different than when riced out E46's buy eBay LED taillights.

I can't believe you guys are putting eBay taillights on a car that once was/is $50K+ Props to those that actually went through the hassle of getting real LCI taillights, which by the way... are definitely going to get cheaper once people buy these horrendous looking lights.

Looking forward to a review.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Igor180?' post='1069263' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:15 AM
I can see a huge fail coming. You guys are seriously going to take the word of a person who sells car parts on eBay for a living? Obviously he's going to tell you anything possible to juice his soon to be failed sales because it's a new product.

FYI, that's not CCFL, neither are the OEM LCI taillights, those lines you guys think are CCFL are actually called CELIS.

I also think that after a few thousand miles, those CELIS bars will eventually start melting and become very uneven due from the heat of the brake light bulbs. On top of that, if you put those taillights right next to an OEM set, you can spot the difference in material from a mile away, aftermarket taillights tend to much more vibrant, the red stands out A LOT more, aswell as the chrome, and IMO... it looks cheap as hell and not any different than when riced out E46's buy eBay LED taillights.

I can't believe you guys are putting eBay taillights on a car that once was/is $50K+ Props to those that actually went through the hassle of getting real LCI taillights, which by the way... are definitely going to get cheaper once people buy these horrendous looking lights.

Well, you have to realize, are you going to spend $800-900 on tail lights for $200 for tails? That is why everyone wants to jump on this bandwagon, of course pending review.

Also, the OEM LCI tails has bulbs behind the LED Rods. So why would these melt and the OEM's not melt if its almost the same thing?

And Everyone knows the lights are different. We're not that stupid.... Are we? LOL

Pretty obvious no? but still a good knock off compared to that other LED Tail's.
Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?-lci.jpg
Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?-img.jpg
Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?-img1.jpg
Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1069276' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:34 AM
Well, you have to realize, are you going to spend $800-900 on tail lights for $200 for tails? That is why everyone wants to jump on this bandwagon, of course pending review.

Also, the OEM LCI tails has bulbs behind the LED Rods. So why would these melt and the OEM's not melt if its almost the same thing?

And Everyone knows the lights are different. We're not that stupid.... Are we? LOL

Pretty obvious no? but still a good knock off compared to that other LED Tail's.
Attachment 95566
Attachment 95567
Attachment 95568
Whats up bro? Thought you were selling your car?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UncleFodder' post='1069224' date='Dec 7 2009, 10:33 AM
Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turbo_mustang12' post='1069281' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:45 AM
Whats up bro? Thought you were selling your car?
I was... but i'm just going to pay off the car with the mod $$$ I sold and keep it stock. well sort of stock, just lighting mods and minor things I can do that doesn't cost much money.. planning to do those new Angel eyes next week. =)

So i'm keeping the car, but stock. =)
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Calm down chief......no one is forcing these on your car. Don't make it your concern what we choose to spend our money on.
There are a few people testing them so calm down. If they end up being a bust I would think people will back out.

Lci tails look nice and all but apparently a lot of people can't justify spending a grand.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i -Euro-spec LCI retrofit with V6 Bruce cables -Mtec 2.0 LED Angel Eyes -Cold Weather/Premium Packages -20% Tint

way to rain on everyones parade LOL...obviously if they are bunk we won't be puttin them on our cars...not everyone can crap out a G for freaking tail lights! 200 vs 1000 for almost identical lights....hmmm... and let's say the melt after 2 years...then I'll buy two more sets and still come in cheaper than 1 set of OEM tails/Bruce cables

Quick Reply: Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?