5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/non-oem-ccfl-led-tail-lights-ebay-anyone-90093/)

LBimmer 12-01-2009 10:41 AM

So these popped up on eBay...they look exactly like the oem Hella tail lights but they are not...it says 04-07 plug and play but do I still need the Bruce cables? If so then I will probably just buy oem and spend the extra $$...anyone know anything about these? Up until now I thought the regular LED were the only ones I could buy...my 2004 530i also has stock xenons

HELP!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...=tab%3DWatching

nigxdoof 12-01-2009 10:59 AM

That's pretty cool man..

I think i might just get these. ^_^

vlad_b 12-01-2009 11:03 AM

if someone confirms that these don't require cables i would get them also

nigxdoof 12-01-2009 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by vlad_b' post='1065801' date='Dec 1 2009, 03:03 PM
if someone confirms that these don't require cables i would get them also

I believe you would have to do some wiring but you definitely dont need bruce's cable.

If you see the ebay posting it says you have to do some wiring. I think i might pull the trigger. =)

wasupdu 12-01-2009 11:40 AM

Great find LBimmer! I'll be kicking myself if you guys get these lights to work properly since I just picked up the Euro spec lights and Bruce's cables. :)

nigxdoof 12-01-2009 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='1065825' date='Dec 1 2009, 03:40 PM
Great find LBimmer! I'll be kicking myself if you guys get these lights to work properly since I just picked up the Euro spec lights and Bruce's cables. :)

I should just buy it now so you can kick yourself. :lol: ^_^

But just so you dont feel too bad. nothing beats OEM / Hella for BMW.

redEYEjedi 12-01-2009 12:08 PM

Actually according to the installation info:

# Installation difficulties: XXX (Professional installation is highly recommended for Level 4 to 5)
Level 1: Installation is straightforward, direct stick on or bolt on.
Level 2: Installation requires taking out screws, no special tools are needed.
Level 3: Installation requires some special tools, but installation is just direct bolt on.
Level 4: Installation requires some knowledge about the car parts, wire connection or engine.
Level 5: In order to install right and work properly, professional installation is needed.
# Please apply stock light bulbs and harness for installation.

It is level 3 in difficultly. The image didn't show up in my copy/past though. The seller is about 30-45 minutes away from me. I may ask to check them out in person. This may be a cheaper alternative to Bruce's if this turns out to be legit.

Maybe we could get a GB with them and save even more.

Anyone interested? If we have enough people interested I'll do the leg work and see if they are interested in working with us.

LBimmer 12-01-2009 12:10 PM

So I just called Zomk Speed, the seller who is listing them...he says if I have stock xenons the plugs are different and they won't fit! So in order for that to be true, that would have to mean that the tail light plugs on my car (with stock xenons) are different than an e60 with halogen lights...can anyone verify this? I kinda got the feeling the guy didn't know for sure but I could be wrong.

redEYEjedi 12-01-2009 12:13 PM

Really?

Why would they be different though? We don't use Xenons in our tail lights.. or do we? :rolleyes:

nigxdoof 12-01-2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by LBimmer' post='1065841' date='Dec 1 2009, 04:10 PM
So I just called Zomk Speed, the seller who is listing them...he says if I have stock xenons the plugs are different and they won't fit! So in order for that to be true, that would have to mean that the tail light plugs on my car (with stock xenons) are different than an e60 with halogen lights...can anyone verify this? I kinda got the feeling the guy didn't know for sure but I could be wrong.

That doesn't make sense. How would the headlight if its xenon or halogen affect the Tails? that's wierd.

If that's the case, bruce miranda would have to make a cable different for halogen and xenon headlights.