E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
THE JB powerbox, does the same ting as the SB + it has dyno proven whp gains. So you really are getting your bang for the buck on this one. Since the SB has 0 whp gains.
If they only make the powerbox for V8s!!!!! Why not us???? I guess we're already spoiled? But the M5 guys are MORE spoiled!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 550i

Functionality question - when you push the button to select a 'level' does it remain that way between starting the car? In other words, do you have to select your preference on the SB everytime you start the car?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:34 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by UncleFodder
Functionality question - when you push the button to select a 'level' does it remain that way between starting the car? In other words, do you have to select your preference on the SB everytime you start the car?
Once you select a setting you good to go. When you turn the car off and then start it again it will remain on that setting you left it on hence the light will be the same color as when you turned off the car. You could even if you wanted to remove the switch completely select a setting then unplug the switch and the SB will remain on that setting for good (until you plug back in the switch and change it)
Old 02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GsQ
Once you select a setting you good to go. When you turn the car off and then start it again it will remain on that setting you left it on hence the light will be the same color as when you turned off the car. You could even if you wanted to remove the switch completely select a setting then unplug the switch and the SB will remain on that setting for good (until you plug back in the switch and change it)
Perfect, thanks for the update. So, who's selling this and for how much?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Received the SB v2 in the mail today. I installed it. Have to say where the hell are you guys hiding this thing? hard as hell to hide anywhere down there.

I haven't driven with it as my car is "snowed" into my garage - but can't wait to try it out once all this 'effin snow melts away.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bha7176
Received the SB v2 in the mail today. I installed it. Have to say where the hell are you guys hiding this thing? hard as hell to hide anywhere down there.

I haven't driven with it as my car is "snowed" into my garage - but can't wait to try it out once all this 'effin snow melts away.
Who did you buy it from? How much was it?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Perfect, thanks for the update. So, who's selling this and for how much?
Who did you buy it from? How much was it?
The original post says he bought it from Bavarian Auto http://www.bavauto.com

...also member brabusw209amg is setting up a Group Buy https://5series.net/forums/topic/941...&#entry1113269
Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by bha7176

To hide the unit you need to make a slit in the carpet at the original point of entry of the wire for the oem uni.Once you open up the hole in the carpet a little you can put the SB housing in there behind the carpet. Little buldge but its behind the pedal you cant tell. Then you can thread the switch wire like i did early in this post.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by GsQ
To hide the unit you need to make a slit in the carpet at the original point of entry of the wire for the oem uni.Once you open up the hole in the carpet a little you can put the SB housing in there behind the carpet. Little buldge but its behind the pedal you cant tell. Then you can thread the switch wire like i did early in this post.

Hmm, that unit is so bulky though. I'll have a try at it one of these nights, thanks for the info.

To the guy that asked above:
I bought it at Bavarian Auto online, price was $299 but I you get a $25 gift certificate if you order one by the end of the month - so really i paid $274. Not bad actually.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Contributors

HOLY SHIT - I think I was wrong about this Sprint Booster thingamachig! I got the car out today - I called off sick from work , the wife and I got back late last night from a weekend in Philly where we saw John Mayer in concert Sunday night (what a musician, really, it was GREAT!).

Anyway, so I'm sitting here at home as usual looking up new stuff for my cars, and I keep thinking about the new spacers and the sprint booster I installed but haven't tried out yet - hell I still have the handbrake leather handle removed awaiting the ACS one in the mail - and I think to myself why not get it out and take it for a spin, right? Yeah right, an hour and a half later I finally got it unstuck from the snow in my driveway close to the garage (I live in the country and have a rock driveway that I don't worry about plowing up near the garage as my car was suppose to stay in there until spring). Seriously, an hour and a half messing around with wooden planks, cat litter, sticks, shovels, burning rubber - argh! Sweat literally pouring from my face, getting dirty, car getting dirty...

But I finally got it out and tried out the sprint booster. Now I have to say the roads are wet and my tires are summer performance and need replaced at that, so traction was nill and I really couldn't get on it. BUT...the sprint booster does increase the driving satisfaction of the car! In theory it's just bringing the rev's quicker with the same amount of pedal pressure, but it actually does make the car feel faster and more responsive. I love it!

So, I was wrong and you guys that already have it and swear by it were right

I've heard that the car may take a little time to adjust to the sprint booster, so we'll see. I can't wait for warm, dry, sunny weather to get this bad boy out on the road and have some fun!!

I couldn't be more happy with it. And I really like that I can turn it on and off with the little push button switch that came with it.

Thanks again for being persistent with me on this one! I will think twice before questioning the long time members who back a product on here in the future.

So, lets see, since I got the car in September I've added (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM BECAUSE OF THIS WEB SITE FORUM):

1. RPI Exahaust
2. RPI scoop
3. Huber Optik 35% tint all around
4. H&R Spacers, 5mm front, 15mm rear
5. Sprint Booster, V2
6. ACS aluminum pedals
7. ACS aluminum handbrake handle
8. Charcoal filter removed
9. BMC air filter
10. Black and white roundels all around

And my next mods will be:

1. Interior bulb replacement with LED's all around (brabusw209amg is my guy when I decide to go for these)
2. HID foglights (same as above)
3. New tires (thinking the Hancock ones, OEM sizing)

And that might just do it for now. I'm not a fan of the trunk finisher, rear window or deck spoilers, and I already have all the MTEC body kits as my car is the sport version. I don't know, maybe some 20" wheels or some new coilovers somtime down the road.

Thanks for reading and sharing in my personal excitement.

Quick Reply: New Sprint Booster