E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

Justed ordered one today. should arrive in a few days. Anyone tried this on a UK 530d auto? what are they like with remaps?

Any tips for installing?

I'll update when fitted.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
For the price go with the SB V2. Hey if you like, buy my SB and I'll get the SB V2.
you selling your SB, auto or manual?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
you selling your SB, auto or manual?
My SB V1 is for auto tran
Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
My SB V1 is for auto tran
for how much?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by bha7176
HOLY SHIT - I think I was wrong about this Sprint Booster thingamachig! I got the car out today - I called off sick from work , the wife and I got back late last night from a weekend in Philly where we saw John Mayer in concert Sunday night (what a musician, really, it was GREAT!).

Anyway, so I'm sitting here at home as usual looking up new stuff for my cars, and I keep thinking about the new spacers and the sprint booster I installed but haven't tried out yet - hell I still have the handbrake leather handle removed awaiting the ACS one in the mail - and I think to myself why not get it out and take it for a spin, right? Yeah right, an hour and a half later I finally got it unstuck from the snow in my driveway close to the garage (I live in the country and have a rock driveway that I don't worry about plowing up near the garage as my car was suppose to stay in there until spring). Seriously, an hour and a half messing around with wooden planks, cat litter, sticks, shovels, burning rubber - argh! Sweat literally pouring from my face, getting dirty, car getting dirty...

But I finally got it out and tried out the sprint booster. Now I have to say the roads are wet and my tires are summer performance and need replaced at that, so traction was nill and I really couldn't get on it. BUT...the sprint booster does increase the driving satisfaction of the car! In theory it's just bringing the rev's quicker with the same amount of pedal pressure, but it actually does make the car feel faster and more responsive. I love it!

So, I was wrong and you guys that already have it and swear by it were right

I've heard that the car may take a little time to adjust to the sprint booster, so we'll see. I can't wait for warm, dry, sunny weather to get this bad boy out on the road and have some fun!!

I couldn't be more happy with it. And I really like that I can turn it on and off with the little push button switch that came with it.

____

Congrads on your sprint booster I just ordeded mine today. How difficult was it to install?

Thanks again for being persistent with me on this one! I will think twice before questioning the long time members who back a product on here in the future.

So, lets see, since I got the car in September I've added (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM BECAUSE OF THIS WEB SITE FORUM):

1. RPI Exahaust
2. RPI scoop
3. Huber Optik 35% tint all around
4. H&R Spacers, 5mm front, 15mm rear
5. Sprint Booster, V2
6. ACS aluminum pedals
7. ACS aluminum handbrake handle
8. Charcoal filter removed
9. BMC air filter
10. Black and white roundels all around

And my next mods will be:

1. Interior bulb replacement with LED's all around (brabusw209amg is my guy when I decide to go for these)
2. HID foglights (same as above)
3. New tires (thinking the Hancock ones, OEM sizing)

And that might just do it for now. I'm not a fan of the trunk finisher, rear window or deck spoilers, and I already have all the MTEC body kits as my car is the sport version. I don't know, maybe some 20" wheels or some new coilovers somtime down the road.

Thanks for reading and sharing in my personal excitement.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Members

yup..SP V2 has just been added to my list how can you not get it after you read all the positive feedback about it?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Talking

Originally Posted by GsQ
Well here is what i felt there is a huge difference from off to red of course and also with off to green. Just imagine the gap being a little smaller between green and red. I just leave it on green, red is a little to jumpy for me considering i do a lot of city driving im not trying to slamm into the car in front of me especially with all the traffic and crappy drivers in la. I hit the red before getting on the highway. You can notice the difference between all the settings, maybe i had some pre conceptions about the jump from green to red thats all. Does that make sense?

BTW the 3m tape that came with the switch sux!!!!! wont stay on where i put it. Looking for an alternative right now.
___

I placed my SB remote a little different, (side ways on the side of the console), but in the same area, and I used two Velcro pieces on mine, and it works great! That 3m tape they give us customers with the SB is a joke! I found that two Velcro pieces the size of the SB remote is the way to go, plus once the Velcro pieces are (taped) in place, you can take off the remote to clean it, and then reaply it and can adjust it to get it perfectly straight and level, using the same pieces of Velcro over and over again.

Hope this helps!!

Eddie aka Presley348
Old 10-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Presley348
___

I placed my SB remote a little different, (placed the remote side ways on the side of the console), but in the same area, and I used two Velcro pieces on mine, and it works great! That 3m tape they give us customers with the SB is a joke! I found that two Velcro pieces the size of the SB remote is the way to go, plus once the Velcro pieces are (taped) in place, you can take off the remote to clean it, and then reaply it and can adjust it to get it perfectly straight and level, using the same pieces of Velcro over and over again.

Hope this helps!!

Eddie aka Presley348