E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
N52 engine = I6 3.0L

I know that, but I was just saying, if you have a V8 you can't get the powerbox, is that right?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by bha7176
I know that, but I was just saying, if you have a V8 you can't get the powerbox, is that right?
Thats right. You already have enough power I'm sure there are some good tunes for the 550 if you search.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by CWS530
Nice install on the adjustment wire--very clean. You probably can get the whole main connector under the pedal with just a little snip of the carpet. Mine is completely hidden under there. I just have the reg SB, so it may be bigger.
Thanks CW i appreciate that. Yah im going to make a little slit in the hole that the original wire is in and just make it bigger. I am gonna wait a bit i want to do it right that carpet is crazy tough im not sure how much room is behind the carpet (like in between the carpet and the floor panel) i dont want there to be a lump or a bulge there.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:44 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
Ok you have a 525, you are still paying more money for less with th SB. Just not logical but hey it's your money.
It is what it is my man. SB V2 IS 280 shipped from member brabus and the bms powerbox is 279 plus shipping. There were a bunch of reasons that i dint get the BMS box i know what it does. I didnt like how you have to press the accelerator a bunch of time to use it as a switch to your settings thats dumb to me why didnt they just have a button instead of jamming ur accelerator a bunch of times. Also i am not as tech savor as yourself i wasn't trying to access my ecu and remove and then sequence a bunch of loose PBX wires into my ecu harness. That is way beyond my knowledge of cars. this was a simpler option for a simpleton such as myself.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by GsQ
It is what it is my man. SB V2 IS 280 shipped from member brabus and the bms powerbox is 279 plus shipping. There were a bunch of reasons that i dint get the BMS box i know what it does. I didnt like how you have to press the accelerator a bunch of time to use it as a switch to your settings thats dumb to me why didnt they just have a button instead of jamming ur accelerator a bunch of times. Also i am not as tech savor as yourself i wasn't trying to access my ecu and remove and then sequence a bunch of loose PBX wires into my ecu harness. That is way beyond my knowledge of cars. this was a simpler option for a simpleton such as myself.
I'm sure you will still be happy. The install sounds a lot harder then it really is, the connectors are pretty much plug and play (male and female ends. I was lucky and got my Powerbox on sale.

I don't mind using the pedal to switch maps, saves me from having to worry about routing cables through carpet and whatnot, cleaner imo. It remembers the last setting so in reality you set it once and leave it unless you have a wife you dont trust with the extra sensitivity and disable it when she drives
Old 02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
For the price go with the SB V2. Hey if you like, buy my SB and I'll get the SB V2.

hey will ur sb work on my 545i 6spee is so i will buy it
Old 02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I think the manual and auto SB are different.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
If I get it, I'll route the button into the panel where the PDC button is and the heated seats etc - would be the perfect place for it

Really cool, glad to see the v2 is making it into the cars already. Looking forward to the review

On a separate note, I'm looking at the Powerbox applications on modbargains' site and apparently there is no application for the 530i/530Xi N52 Really? Fits an E90 330Xi, but not the E60 530Xi with the same engine basically - what gives?
V I haven't searched this yet, just curious if you have - is it a pain in the ass to remove that panel where the PDC / heated seat buttons are in order to get the SB V2 switch in there. I like that idea, just not sure I want to be ripping my console apart to do it. Is there an easy fix??
Old 02-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
I think the manual and auto SB are different.
yes, an aouto SB will not work for a manual, and vice versa.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

THE JB powerbox, does the same ting as the SB + it has dyno proven whp gains. So you really are getting your bang for the buck on this one. Since the SB has 0 whp gains.

Quick Reply: New Sprint Booster