E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My Stereo Upgrade Finally Complete.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Victory
We were talking about the highs (4incher's).

well yeah but most of songs that i listen doesnt really need huge high.... so bass is the key...

well when i add just subs, i had hard time controlling bass level because when i crack it up, i hear alot of high and bass got dimmed so i had to put bass from Idrive up...

but after Re-Q, sound quality got better and dont have to put bass up alot....
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fredfifty
did you upgrade the head unit? if so, any pics? it seems it would have to be super custom...
No, I did not add a head unit. I've seen installs where people have, but to me, it is unnecessary.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Members

Nice man, real nice. I'm planning on buyin an e60 soon, and I'm goin to follow your guide lines to a "T". Hope you'll be able to lend a helpn hand if I run into any issues?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Excellent work. I love great sound and my Logic 7 is a major step downward in sound quality and clarity from the triple upgraded 17 speaker Bose system in my Infiniti M45.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lorideslo
Nice man, real nice. I'm planning on buyin an e60 soon, and I'm goin to follow your guide lines to a "T". Hope you'll be able to lend a helpn hand if I run into any issues?
Of course, I'll do what I can. That's what this board is all about...
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Victory
Of course, I'll do what I can. That's what this board is all about...
thanks man. I do have a question now, I can't seem to find a detailed thread of the BMW e90 Sub and Amp Upgrade DYI you said you followed. Do you have a link to the one you used, or even just the site? Thanks again
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lorideslo
thanks man. I do have a question now, I can't seem to find a detailed thread of the BMW e90 Sub and Amp Upgrade DYI you said you followed. Do you have a link to the one you used, or even just the site? Thanks again
PM your email address and I'll get the PDF to you.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Members

Great Job.. I have started my upgrade from Standard setup too.. I was wondering did you change the Door Speakers too?? It's not mentioned above..

Also where did you take the Remote turn on for the Amps / LC6??? that's the part I'm currently stuck on.. Please Help!!

The Amplifer I'm using is Kicker KX600.4 which takes linein from the speakers etc I'm planning to upgrade subs under seats and front/rear speakers using the stock location.. hopefully running on 2ohm.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by j4jas
Great Job.. I have started my upgrade from Standard setup too.. I was wondering did you change the Door Speakers too?? It's not mentioned above..

Also where did you take the Remote turn on for the Amps / LC6??? that's the part I'm currently stuck on.. Please Help!!

The Amplifer I'm using is Kicker KX600.4 which takes linein from the speakers etc I'm planning to upgrade subs under seats and front/rear speakers using the stock location.. hopefully running on 2ohm.
I didn't change the door speakers. It wasn't worth the trouble to me. I took the remote turn on from the factory sub amp in the trunk. Off the top of my head, I want to say it's in the top left hand corner of the connector (looking at the amp from the rear) and it's thin, purple, or purple & white. If this dosen't help let me know and I'll pull off my panel and take a look.

Remember, if you're going to run at 2ohm to make sure your speakers match your amp's 2ohm rating power rating.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Members

I have noticed I dont have a amplifier behind rear left panel in the boot.. :-( So Remote Turn On might be a problem still looking for a solution..

Another question does the fader control still work with your setup using IDrive? you have used sub speakers as line in to the LC6 to give you extra output does this effect the sound quality?

Do you know what the colour code of the front speaker wire is?

thnaks

Quick Reply: My Stereo Upgrade Finally Complete.