E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My Stereo Upgrade Finally Complete.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j4jas
I have noticed I dont have a amplifier behind rear left panel in the boot.. :-( So Remote Turn On might be a problem still looking for a solution..

Another question does the fader control still work with your setup using IDrive? you have used sub speakers as line in to the LC6 to give you extra output does this effect the sound quality?

Do you know what the colour code of the front speaker wire is?

thnaks
Someone on the thread mentioned there is another turn-on lead in the trunk. Read through and you should be able to find the post. The fader control still works as normal as I did nothing but amplify the signals. With regards to sound quality - everything one does to additionally amplify a high output signal affects sound quality somewhat. As I stated in my original post, I did not come at this install from an audiophile standpoint because I listen to compressed and therefore sonically inferior MP3's files (via my iPOD) as my main source of music. To answer your final question, no I do not know the color code for the front speakers, sorry.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

that is a very nice job and clean
Old 08-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d M Sport Titan Silver with Black Leather Interior, Style 172 19s, Sunroof, Professional Nav CCC Retrofit (thanks Patryk), Bluetooth.

Awesome post...the lack of bass in the e60 is very annoying...definitely on my to do list!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

i guess i don't entirely understand the LOC. did you use the speaker wires that go from earthquakes-->amp and just hook them directly into your new amp?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i guess i don't entirely understand the LOC. did you use the speaker wires that go from earthquakes-->amp and just hook them directly into your new amp?
All the output wires (the two signal sets from the rear deck speakers and the sub signal output from the tiny sub amp) go into the LOC first. The LOC puts all the crossed over frequency info (that's split up by the headunit to go to different speakers) back together into one flat signal that contains ALL of the sonic information (sub bass, highs, etc.). Once the signal is flat you then take the output of the LOC (in the form of stereo RCA's) and plug them into your amps in whatever configuration you need.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

How much of a difference is there with the new sub? I was considering it? I have the Logic 7 set up
Old 10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sweetnlowe60
How much of a difference is there with the new sub? I was considering it? I have the Logic 7 set up
I don't have the Logic 7 setup, so I can't comment on how it's different from that. From what I had though, the difference is night and day. I did wind up getting rid of the POS Earthquakes and going to Pioneers. They are awesome. You can read about that in post #40 of this thread.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Victory
All the output wires (the two signal sets from the rear deck speakers and the sub signal output from the tiny sub amp) go into the LOC first. The LOC puts all the crossed over frequency info (that's split up by the headunit to go to different speakers) back together into one flat signal that contains ALL of the sonic information (sub bass, highs, etc.). Once the signal is flat you then take the output of the LOC (in the form of stereo RCA's) and plug them into your amps in whatever configuration you need.
The LC6i only sums, it does not flatten the signal. What you have now is the same OEM EQ signal from the front/rear and woofers just added together.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Members

Yes, the Audiocontrol pieces are NOT the right devices for the job.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mannynj
The LC6i only sums, it does not flatten the signal. What you have now is the same OEM EQ signal from the front/rear and woofers just added together.

Yes, the Audiocontrol pieces are NOT the right devices for the job.
Hmm, the resulting signal looks flat to me on the analyzer, but I am not an audio professional so I very well could be reading the flat line wrong. Oh well, in any case the system sounds good enough for me. As I stated in my problem statement (see my initial post) I listen to compressed music files 99% of the time. To me, there was no reason to try to go to the Nth degree trying to reproduce sounds that, for the most part, don't even exist in MP3's.

Plus, anything more than what I did would have overshot my budget. I was not trying to upgrade grade my system at any cost. I was upgrading at a reasonable cost (I need money for drinking).

Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: My Stereo Upgrade Finally Complete.