E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My Stereo Upgrade Finally Complete.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29
The MS8 is no way the most expensive DSP out there. Compared to other high end DSPs, the MS8 is affordable. Nobody is paying full retail for their MS-8 unless you're a fool. If money was no object i would have gone for a H900, MotusLab AGW+ , or Mobridge/Bit1 combo, But for the money its hard to beat the MS-8. I guess its all come out to how serious you take car audio and priorities.

Do you have any idea what the MS-8 does? You might wanna read on it. Here's a good place to start reading on http://www.diymobile...-processor.html

Yes, it will make crappy mp3s sound better, it will even make the OEM system better without upgrading the speakers. I know people that are using the ms8 with their OEM speakers and they are extremely sastify.

Focal is not all that, the only speakers they make that i would remotely consider using is their Utopia Be speakers.
I'm not down on the MS-8. I think you missed my point.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i have a really bad alternator whine with the mtx req5 i want a processor that has a ipod aux tho. think clean sweep will be better then the mtx? is clean sweep an eq and sum? i know its 2 units
Old 10-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

Does anybody know where the front speakers (and rear?) amp is located?

The subs amp in on the left side of the trunk, a little square silver box.

Then next to it there's another silver device (size of an amp) that has the bluetooth icon, what is that? I don't think the whole thing is just for the blutooth, it seems to have some fiber optic cables connected.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by LeuS
Does anybody know where the front speakers (and rear?) amp is located?

The subs amp in on the left side of the trunk, a little square silver box.

Then next to it there's another silver device (size of an amp) that has the bluetooth icon, what is that? I don't think the whole thing is just for the blutooth, it seems to have some fiber optic cables connected.
The silver device is the TCU. Its your Bluetooth device, handles your bluetooth connection.

Looks like you have the HIFI, if you do your eadunit powers the front and rear speaker and the amp in the back powers the underseat woofers.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

Originally Posted by nelson29
The silver device is the TCU. Its your Bluetooth device, handles your bluetooth connection.

Looks like you have the HIFI, if you do your eadunit powers the front and rear speaker and the amp in the back powers the underseat woofers.
So how many channels does the head unit have? is there a signal dedicated to the subs under the seats?

In my car, the small amp in the trunk feeds from the rear speakers' cable and then sends the signal to the two subs under the seats. Is that the original setup, or it's just the messy job the of guy who installed my aftermarket amp and pre amp?

Then the installer tapped into the signal Head Unit - small amp to power the after market sub thru the after market amp, he skipped the pre amp. But that's another story and it's just one of the things i'm trying to fix now.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Victory
Being how we all like pictures...I thought I'd up some that I had of a couple of things I was considering at one time or another. Just some more possibilities for people to think about (and for future searchers that stumble across this thread).

Attachment 106758
Attachment 106759
Attachment 106760
Attachment 106762
Attachment 106761
that very nice apart from 1 thing, I would put some kind of protection in front the sub like a mesh.
If no protection 1 day it will get hit by you supermarket stuff or bags rolling around when pushing the car.