E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by choi000' post='209392
Damn....reading this thread is like watching soap opera....lotsa drama...awesome

Since there can be no resolution to this...lets close the thread since the act of insulting among members should NOT be tolerated in this forum ever...
Yes, I definitely agree... Been gone a day and I guess more trash talking. :thumbsdown:
On a side note, my buddy ACS3 A.R.T is just telling his side of the story as well since I don't even know what the situation was between him and Umnitza and Umnitza's ex-employee... but that wan't the topic of this thread anyways. Guess it'll never be resolved...

And please, let me know if there is a reputable installer in the L.A. area that can do the angel eyes install properly for the E60 and would also be able to put the bumper back on without having it hanging off like 3/4". No more "Ben"s and having to go to his house in Torrance and work out of his home garage. :thumbsdown:
[/quote]
i think any installer who gets a whiff of this thread will not touch you with a 10ft pole, and the one who does will certainly regret the day, you just come across as such.

umnitza offered you a full refund yet you still come here and run your mouth as if you somehow been wronged, and your "buddy's" post was pretty much a joke, full of inconsistencies to put it nicely.

you started this thread, got bashed after the vendor came in and told us his side and now you are lobbying to have the thread you started locked? hmmm...
Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sunnyd' post='209423
Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='209356' date='Dec 9 2005, 04:11 PM
Damn....reading this thread is like watching soap opera....lotsa drama...awesome

Since there can be no resolution to this...lets close the thread since the act of insulting among members should NOT be tolerated in this forum ever...
Yes, I definitely agree... Been gone a day and I guess more trash talking. :thumbsdown:
On a side note, my buddy ACS3 A.R.T is just telling his side of the story as well since I don't even know what the situation was between him and Umnitza and Umnitza's ex-employee... but that wan't the topic of this thread anyways. Guess it'll never be resolved...

And please, let me know if there is a reputable installer in the L.A. area that can do the angel eyes install properly for the E60 and would also be able to put the bumper back on without having it hanging off like 3/4". No more "Ben"s and having to go to his house in Torrance and work out of his home garage. :thumbsdown:
i think any installer who gets a whiff of this thread will not touch you with a 10ft pole, and the one who does will certainly regret the day, you just come across as such.

umnitza offered you a full refund yet you still come here and run your mouth as if you somehow been wronged, and your "buddy's" post was pretty much a joke, full of inconsistencies to put it nicely.

you started this thread, got bashed after the vendor came in and told us his side and now you are lobbying to have the thread you started locked? hmmm...
[/quote]

Wow just joined the other day and it seems like this thread is being watched by the whole forum...
Anyways, was reading the thing from start to finish (almost) and I gotta say, lots of drama. However, I can understand Choi's position about getting ripped off. It seems from what I read earlier that Choi didn't get his refund until he was pissed off and the guy in LA (Ben) couldn't do the job. And of course he's gonna get on the forum and talk about his experiences. Don't think he was totally bashing the vendor. Hey, I've been ripped off by shady vendors before so I can atest to the crappy experience.
Sunnyd, u seem a bit harsh don't u think?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Members

{{{{umnitza offered you a full refund yet you still come here and run your mouth as if you somehow been wronged, and your "buddy's" post was pretty much a joke, full of inconsistencies to put it nicely.}}}

SUNNYD = UMNITZA

HAHAHAHAHA....your such a joke of a person.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ACS3 A.R.T' post='209464' date='Dec 10 2005, 01:13 AM
{{{{umnitza offered you a full refund yet you still come here and run your mouth as if you somehow been wronged, and your "buddy's" post was pretty much a joke, full of inconsistencies to put it nicely.}}}

SUNNYD = UMNITZA

look, think what you will but i think you and your buddy by opening your mouths pretty much removed all doubts about you iq levels, how does it go?: it is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant, dumb and stupid then to open it and remove all doubts.

you and you boy managed turn our sympathy and support for you into contempt by making this personal and vindictive not only against the vendor but also against us your fellow board members just as soon as some of us happened to cast a doubt about your story, way to go. :thumbsdown:
Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sunnyd' post='209469

SUNNYD = UMNITZA

look, think what you will but i think you and your buddy by opening your mouths pretty much removed all doubts about you iq levels, how does it go?: it is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant, dumb and stupid then to open it and remove all doubts.

you and you boy managed turn our sympathy and support for you into contempt by making this personal and vindictive not only against the vendor but also against us your fellow board members just as soon as some of us happened to cast a doubt about your story, way to go. :thumbsdown:
[/quote]

Isn't 1:45am in Georgia right now? And its YOUR IQ and you and YOUR BOY! Learn to speak english before you open "YOUR" mouth. Who's the dumbass?......hmmmmmm
Old 12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Members

Who's the dumbass?......hmmmmmm
easy, you!
that's rich, thank you for proving my point. what a tool.
try AA/anger management, they do wonders for people like you.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by sunnyd' post='209423' date='Dec 9 2005, 07:46 PM

OK Sunnyd (or should I say Matt/Umnitza), I was trying to be courteous and agreed to Jeff's comment about how the thread was getting out of control but if thats what you think then we need to continue this discussion. It doesn't seem clear to you that Matt/Umnitza basically misled me into thinking that there's someone in LA who can do the install just so he could close a quick sale. He explicitly said he had a guy in Torrance that could do the install.

So here's some evidence of my conversation via email, between Matt & I dated 10/30/05:

Me: if I bake my headlights, I could get the angel/demon eyes installed?
Matt/Umnitza: Yes
Me:Could you recommend to me which product you have that would be compatible for my car to do the demon eyes? if not, then how about the angel eyes? Would you also know of a shop that could bake my headlights and get the angel/demon eyes installed? I'm located in Los Angeles. Thanks!
Matt/Umnitza: Wow, that's tough, predator basic will be perfect, but tell us which car at check out. We have a guy in Torrance that can do this
Me: I have a 2004 BMW 545i (E60). Could you tell me how much it would cost for the predator basic? And what do you think it would cost to do the install? Thanks
Me again: Could you also tell me which of the predator kits you have that would be compatible for my car? And do the predator kits come in red like the demon eyes? Also, who in torrance would you recommend me to get the kit installed with? Thanks
Matt/Umnitza: $99. Install would be $250-300.
Matt/Umnitza: I know which kind, but we could not do Red
Me: Thanks! Does that kit come in red? Who would you recommend in Torrance to do the install? And what's your name? I'll call in tomorrow to place the order with you
Matt/Umnitza: No red will not work on your car. Thanks Call after 10am PST.
Me: Will do. Who do I ask for when I call tomorrow after 10AM?
Matt/Umnitza: anyone
Me: OK, thanks!

On a side note, the fact that Matt is coming onto the board and arguing back to his customer just shows the level of Umnitza's professionalism. I don't see companies like CEC or Avus Autosport (authorized Dinan dealer/vendor) signing onto the board and lashing back out at their customer. Companies who are good don't even need to come onto boards like this because their reputation speaks for itself.

By the way, in response to your comment "i think any installer who gets a whiff of this thread will not touch you with a 10ft pole, and the one who does will certainly regret the day, you just come across as such.":
I just dropped over 2 grand installing Dinan products (throttlebody & intake kit) through Avus Autosport and I'm sure they're lovin my business.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

hey suuny,
ease up man...dont be too harsh on ppl nevertheless what they say...also goes to us acs...

MODS PLS CLOSE THIS THREAD!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

I just finished watching the LOR Two Towers and Choi, I can assure you, you should write a script like that one, you live in much better fantasy world.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

OK guys...

Choi000 & ACS3 A.R.T. & sunnyd & umnitza

Reading this reminds me on two things:

Me, making a fool out of myself in a thread about foglights.
And some other crappy forum the most of us have left just because of threads like this, where the tone is not acceptable anymore (RF).

So please: STOP IT NOW !!!

A couple of us have allready asked to have this thread closed, what is a sign that this is going too far. But you still continue...

We all understand your points of view and this whole situation can't be solved here. Do it on the phone, via email or find another way to deal with the situation.

AND CLOSE THIS THREAD !

Quick Reply: Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install