E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Just finished reading a drama novel(this thread) and i feel that i could understand that choi was upset about umnitza but he was wrong to attack umnitza IMO on a pulbic forum as it would damage their credibility.

On the other hand, i believe that there were some wrong doing in umnitza's part as well as they recomennded an incapable installer.

So i think both have their wrong doins,forget the past,kiss and make up and close this thread already!

let bygones be bygones!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Members

I am Choi's friend who went to the meet to see if Umnitza can help him. I just wanted to get my story acorss not to favour anyone but my friend simply bought a product from him. He was told that his installer CAN do the install and HAVE done it before. After wasting his time in not only driving down there to find out that it was NOT the case, Umnitza then ignored him and his phone calls.

I can understand if you have a business to run, you may be busy doing stuff but what he did to me was just not called for. I simply tried to talk to him in a nice manner and he just brused me off time after time. So in my fustration, I started smoking and NO, I did NOT blow ANY ash nor smoke at him. It may have been near him due to the fact that we were outdoors and hey, no law states that I can't smoke in the open.

So while I was on the phone with Choi saying, ya know what? I found him, here, talk to him yourself, I dunno whats going on but he's just moving boxes from the table to his car. I am SURE 5 minutes of his life was not life or death because regardless, the meet was over and he was clearly just packing up. However, he continued to tell me, can't you see I am busy here? I don't have time for this, tell him to e-mail me his number and I will call him in a couple of hours! I don't understand what kind of a business you run but that action clearly would tick ANYONE off espcially when I was already on the phone with Choi and it was not hard to just talk to someone on the phone real quick. So then I said to Umnitza, why don't you write down his number on the box or put it in your phonebook or something real quick, that way you can call him back when you are done packing. He brushes me off again and just walks off and ignores me. I don't understand how a person can even do that when customer service for a company is meant to be number one in any practice. I think compared to the fact that my buddy Choi drove all the way from one side of LA JUST to install the lights an then finding out that he couldn't, wageing the 2, I would definately think this man would have some decency to at least talk to him over my cell phone or write his number down. But no, Umnitza gets all pissed off and runs off and just drives away.

I didn't exactly drive 2 minutes just to get there either, it took me a good 45mins to get to the meet and seeing how my friend Choi was in such a struggle, I just thought I would alleviate the situation by driving there and having him talk to him. So....IMHO, yes, Umnitza IS a lie AND a cheat and I would definately not deal with him espcially this is NOT the first time he has done this to my friends who purchased from him.

[quote]Your buddy? Why don't you tell the whole truth about your "buddy"? Your buddy is a past customer of mine that I worked very very hard to please and did. Then your buddy is also friends with another guy who happened to work for me and is known to have done nothing but lie, steal company secrets, and create 99% of the bad press that swirled around our company when he worked here. He was fired and thus has since gone on a campaign to ruin our reputation as a result. So, I'm not sure you wanted this to be known, but I sure would like it known that our company will not stand for nefarious insults by ex-employees that want to cast libelous words on the web and slanderous speech at all the events. Did your "buddy" also tell you that this past employee also STOLE product only to be discovered later and forced to return it? He'll say something like 'o, my car was stolen, so they were also' <-- I'm sure his car was stolen, but our product was not.[quote]

Whether you tried to please me or not is another story, to me, I think you did please me from me purchasing angels eyes from you but whether the person I know who used to work for you stole from you or not has absolutely nothing to do with me nor my credibilty. So why don't we get that straightened out and not start wodering off into the woods as if I personally did something to you. The fact of the matter is, you have wronged some of my friends and I have always been there to see it thats all, and its just wrong to me how you make up so much BS just to cover your own ass because you KNOW thats not the real you. The real you is a money hungry non caring person. As long as you get your money, you don't even care about your customers, I mean, you have the audacity to tell Choi to pay for his own shipping back to you after all that BS came out of your mouth. No other company would even dare to say that. :thumbsdown:
You make me sick.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

How do we add more players to this online drama? I wondered how long more of your friends would jump on and defend this situation with their own slant?

Suffice it to say, what has been said was said and those account were and are accurate - with over 8 different witnesses - Steve, Anthony, David, Jerry, and a few that I can't remember their names - so, yes, I guess it's a good thing we all have friends.

Next time you decide to make up a story about me and my customer servie, make sure you don't have other witnesses around, otherwise, the story won't be as fun.

Do you want to have me contact these witnesses? Drop of a hat.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Contributors

my wife reads people mag and us weekly....i've got e60.net.

i joke, but seriously, squash it already.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

ew, what trash
Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='208928' date='Dec 8 2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the support of all, and we hope you'll experience our quality products soon as we are making some CF strut bars, intakes, and some other cool HID related products like HID fogs for your cars
Know of any good installers in the Southern California area? (Just a test)
Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by m5lover' post='208979' date='Dec 9 2005, 04:07 AM
...and close this thread already!
Yep, PLEASE close it.

Name:  closed10.gif
Views: 21
Size:  520 BytesName:  closed10.gif
Size:  520 Bytes

It was fun reading this story... until now. We don'T need anymore friends of whoever to jump in. We all have understand what happened. This thread leads to nothing helpfull...

Name:  closed10.gif
Size:  520 Bytes
Old 12-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Damn....reading this thread is like watching soap opera....lotsa drama...awesome

Since there can be no resolution to this...lets close the thread since the act of insulting among members should NOT be tolerated in this forum ever...
Old 12-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='209356' date='Dec 9 2005, 04:11 PM
Damn....reading this thread is like watching soap opera....lotsa drama...awesome

Since there can be no resolution to this...lets close the thread since the act of insulting among members should NOT be tolerated in this forum ever...
Yes, I definitely agree... Been gone a day and I guess more trash talking. :thumbsdown:
On a side note, my buddy ACS3 A.R.T is just telling his side of the story as well since I don't even know what the situation was between him and Umnitza and Umnitza's ex-employee... but that wan't the topic of this thread anyways. Guess it'll never be resolved...

And please, let me know if there is a reputable installer in the L.A. area that can do the angel eyes install properly for the E60 and would also be able to put the bumper back on without having it hanging off like 3/4". No more "Ben"s and having to go to his house in Torrance and work out of his home garage. :thumbsdown:
Old 12-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='209356' date='Dec 9 2005, 04:11 PM

Kinda reminds me of the previous Laker team, lots of drama

We should close this thread just like they broke up that team

Quick Reply: Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install