E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

I totally agree with 545SMG. I for one definitely would like to leverage on the power of the collective E60 community. And I'm also glad to be of help, eventhough it was at my expenese.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by choi000' post='198419' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:53 PM
I totally agree with 545SMG. I for one definitely would like to leverage on the power of the collective E60 community. And I'm also glad to be of help, eventhough it was at my expenese.

I scored low on my logic corporate psychological evaluation and very high on my emotional and intuitive evaluation

So Choi - post the guys email - and his company email - and I'll be the first to email them. And I'll attach some of our community threads along with it.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by 545smg' post='198431

I scored low on my logic corporate psychological evaluation and very high on my emotional and intuitive evaluation

So Choi - post the guys email - and his company email - and I'll be the first to email them. And I'll attach some of our community threads along with it.
[/quote]

Their email address is info@umnitza.com. That's the email address that I've been using to contact them.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

choi,

Sorry to hear of the bad experience. You are, however, doing a great thing by posting this. It's this type of feedback that will help save a lot of "potential" customers similar grief...all the while someone (read: Umnitza) reaps all the benefits.

Perhaps you can post this experience on other forums (bimmerfest, germancarfans, and the numerous e46, M3, M5 forums).

I, for one, really do not appreciate this type of business practice. They sold you a product that didn't work the way it was advertised to work. That should be enough to warrant your money back.

We really need to get a thread posting vendors and employee names we should "beware" of and stick it to the first page of the Parts, Accessories and Mods section.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='198890' date='Nov 15 2005, 11:00 PM
choi,

Sorry to hear of the bad experience. You are, however, doing a great thing by posting this. It's this type of feedback that will help save a lot of "potential" customers similar grief...all the while someone (read: Umnitza) reaps all the benefits.

Perhaps you can post this experience on other forums (bimmerfest, germancarfans, and the numerous e46, M3, M5 forums).

I, for one, really do not appreciate this type of business practice. They sold you a product that didn't work the way it was advertised to work. That should be enough to warrant your money back.

We really need to get a thread posting vendors and employee names we should "beware" of and stick it to the first page of the Parts, Accessories and Mods section.
Well, hold on on here. First, let me just say I am no big fan of umnitza - they're rep (or lack of it) is well known in the BMW circles.

But in Choi's case, umnitz apparently did not provide a defective product, but misled Choi as to who could and could not install the angel eyes. It's bad customer service no doubt -- but at least in this case (and from what Choi has told us) there was no defective product issue.

Again, I am not in any way defending umnitza, just want to make sure all of us get the facts straight when bashing scum like umnitza ...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The umnitza must be sure that it can be installed on E60 before he sells it. He already got the money, and that's all he care. He does not care for his customer.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='199102
choi,

Well, hold on on here. First, let me just say I am no big fan of umnitza - they're rep (or lack of it) is well known in the BMW circles.

But in Choi's case, umnitz apparently did not provide a defective product, but misled Choi as to who could and could not install the angel eyes. It's bad customer service no doubt -- but at least in this case (and from what Choi has told us) there was no defective product issue.

Again, I am not in any way defending umnitza, just want to make sure all of us get the facts straight when bashing scum like umnitza ...
[/quote]
Either way, he purchased a product under the premise that it would be installed by someone when in fact this someone does not know how to do it because he has never done it before.
I would certainly ask for my money back.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='199173
Originally Posted by Centurion' post='198890' date='Nov 15 2005, 11:00 PM
choi,

Either way, he purchased a product under the premise that it would be installed by someone when in fact this someone does not know how to do it because he has never done it before.
[/quote]

Thanks Guys, I had a talk with Umnitza about 5 days ago and they said they would get back to me within 5 days as to who and how the angel eyes can be installed. Yesterday, they sent me an email saying that the people they talked to haven't responded back to them yet. It just sounds like they're stalling and making everything harder than it really is. If they know anyone that can legitimately install the angel eyes, it wouldn't take them more than 15 minutes to explain how the install them, definitely doesn't take over 5 days.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by choi000' post='199832
Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='199102' date='Nov 16 2005, 12:19 PM
[quote name='Centurion' post='198890' date='Nov 15 2005, 11:00 PM']
choi,

[/quote]

Thanks Guys, I had a talk with Umnitza about 5 days ago and they said they would get back to me within 5 days as to who and how the angel eyes can be installed. Yesterday, they sent me an email saying that the people they talked to haven't responded back to them yet. It just sounds like they're stalling and making everything harder than it really is. If they know anyone that can legitimately install the angel eyes, it wouldn't take them more than 15 minutes to explain how the install them, definitely doesn't take over 5 days.
[/quote]
Have you discussed getting a refund?
I know you want these brighter angel eyes, so do I. However, this is not worth the trouble you're going through. Like you've already pointed out, it shouldn't take 5 days to get them to respond.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='200057
Originally Posted by Centurion' post='199173' date='Nov 16 2005, 03:24 PM
[quote name='ipse dixit' post='199102' date='Nov 16 2005, 12:19 PM']
[quote name='Centurion' post='198890' date='Nov 15 2005, 11:00 PM']
choi,

[/quote]

[/quote]
Have you discussed getting a refund?
I know you want these brighter angel eyes, so do I. However, this is not worth the trouble you're going through. Like you've already pointed out, it shouldn't take 5 days to get them to respond.

Just my humble opinion.
[/quote]

Yup. I'm probably going to return it or find someone who actually knows how to install it. A buddy of mine up in the bay area has a friend that did the angel eyes on an E60 up there. So I think I'm gonna see what he says about the install and how risky it is.

Quick Reply: Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install