E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed RPI exhaust today

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Diamond, Im glad things worked out and you are happy with the product. With the results you have, I hope you understand why I couldnt tell you everything about it in detail. These are things that I dont want copied. As you can see already how many people have copied the ram air concept and have even made their own possibly non working ones.

Anyhow, your posts are LONG but I got the idea of it. Even when my wife and I were dating and she would write me notes or letters shorter than your posts.....I would only read the first and last sentence.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='1016746' date='Sep 25 2009, 10:56 AM
Diamond, Im glad things worked out and you are happy with the product. With the results you have, I hope you understand why I couldnt tell you everything about it in detail. These are things that I dont want copied. As you can see already how many people have copied the ram air concept and have even made their own possibly non working ones.

Anyhow, your posts are LONG but I got the idea of it. Even when my wife and I were dating and she would write me notes or letters shorter than your posts.....I would only read the first and last sentence.
As I mentioned in another thread, blowing off a long note, letter, or email and reading only the first and last sentence is fine when dealing with personal communications but I think, as a representive of a company that's dealiing with customers, the length of the communication should have no impact on how much attention is paid to it. You're dealing with a customer and if the customer wants to write a novel, so be it. As an agent representing RPI's products, it's your duty to read every word and pay attention to it. Not doing so and using the length of the note as an excuse as to why you may not have paid attention to the customer is, in my opinion, not very good customer service.

Granted, I realize RPI has many happy customers here but in this case, I still think you need to follow the old adage that "the customer is always right" and do your best to not only understand the issue but also do your best to rectify the situation without making the customer feel as if he's being blown off. Doing so will, in most cases, prevent the kind of thread that Diamond started where he wasn't happy with your company and you folks had to go into damage control mode...
Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

+1 Rudy.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Premium Package, Navigation, Comfort Access, L7 Sound 2004 FX35, Sports Package, Stillen CAI

Glad everything worked out and you are enjoying the RPI.... My co-workers can't stop with the compliments on the sound...loving it!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

What's up with all the long post, hahaha. Might as well write a book titled "RPI EXHAUST INSTALLATION" lol
Old 09-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1016248' date='Sep 24 2009, 07:30 PM
I installed the RPI I bought from Krozi 1 week ago. The sound is ridiculous... Absolutely perfect! That being said... The fitment hangs too low for me also. I bought new stock hangers but haven't replaced them yet. I will update after I have done this. Here's some clips. Don't laugh at the second one. It was late at night and buddy wanted a clip so I took it in the dark by myself. :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsHfSzGZ3UM...e=youtube_gdata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVzQuCcY6Ho...e=youtube_gdata

It sounds different than my Supersprint sport exhaust. But I like it!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

I know what you are talking about Rudy. That post you quoted me is part of my sarcasm. I dont think people have any issues with our customer service. Occaisonally, we get messages that are confusing so thats all I will have to say. I've read all of Diamonds emails and even kept them in a separate folder in outlook.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1016248' date='Sep 24 2009, 07:30 PM
I installed the RPI I bought from Krozi 1 week ago. The sound is ridiculous... Absolutely perfect! That being said... The fitment hangs too low for me also. I bought new stock hangers but haven't replaced them yet. I will update after I have done this. Here's some clips. Don't laugh at the second one. It was late at night and buddy wanted a clip so I took it in the dark by myself. :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsHfSzGZ3UM...e=youtube_gdata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVzQuCcY6Ho...e=youtube_gdata
Sounds so much lower and more rumbling than stock -- just like a V8 should. Great mod Roger.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1017078' date='Sep 25 2009, 02:27 PM
Sounds so much lower and more rumbling than stock -- just like a V8 should. Great mod Roger.
You're next Scott, we may kidnap you when you're here for that case and take you to Eloy David, you with me?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

No you guys got it right the first time, I am indeed a physician and more specifically a Psychiatrist. What are you saying, everyone does not go through personal struggles in life but why would that determine what career they choose? Psychiatrists as physicians are needing to know not only all medical issues but psych issues caused by medical problems and importantly Psych patients often do not see a doctor and do not take care of themselves so by the time they see me they either have been poorly treated by a family doc/PCP, have an undiagnosed or missed diagnosis medically that explains their psych symptoms but often psych patients are blown off by many docs as they are a bit of work to deal with or they are resistant to common treatment and that is where I come in.

Most addiction docs are actually ex-addicts themselves and I think it is great as who better to understand than someone who has dealt with it themselves you know. Each battle in life I have gives me insight into a patients problems and is only helpful in the end.

And by the way Psychiatry is not psychology, it is an MD not PhD

Hey sorry for writing books, I never said I was concise and RPI you have an AMAZING product. I drove around all day and night last night just listening to the sound. As the person posted the exhaust hangs too low for my taste. It has been miserable weather so have not been able to get a sound clip but here are some cheap pics showing where mine hangs-which is higher than how it hangs normally by RPI. I am going in tomorrow to have a hanger put on to hold up the middle section as my resonator and connection area, especially with the heavy clamp on that area, is sagging and I do not want that strain and excess vibration but just my preference, does not take away anything from a ridiculously amazing product!

Again RPI you guys work miracles. My butt dyno was in full force and the car feels AMAZING. Especially when reeling it out to 7k rpms in 2nd or 3rd gear, man it just is music to my ears and everyone around takes a look. It is loud but just amazing sounding! This is from a 6 banger too!

I do indeed understand why you cannot tell me specifics. I did not expect your secrets but do still think its ok to answer a question in brief terms regarding why the pipe size is smaller. Anyone can learn and read how pipe diamter effects exhaust flow and I "know" what a drop in diameter theoretically does but anyone who buys one can measure and see it is clearly 2.5 inches. I guess I do not see releasing your thoughts on why a smaller pipe is better is revealing too much info. If someone wants to copy you, they do not have to understand or know squat about why you did things, they just have to copy the design and that can be done without you saying a word after they dismantle it, just like the scoop. I am more a technical person and really have tried hard to understand these cars and mods in general so it was my own curiousity-but totally understood-kick ASS product

Ok sorry guys I will keep my posts to a minimum, I am just a bit excited still about the exhaust. Sound clips and video this weekend I hope.
Attached Thumbnails Installed RPI exhaust today-image044.jpg   Installed RPI exhaust today-image043.jpg   Installed RPI exhaust today-image042.jpg  

Quick Reply: Installed RPI exhaust today