E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by pdubq
Sorry Booyaazaa...

I swear it's my car, But it's still on the lift! Turbos are off though, and 2 rebuild kits + all connecting seals/gaskets/tubes have been ordered. ECS Tuning shipped the seal/gasket connector kit already, but BAE turbo systems is totally dragging their feet.

Don't worry, I will post tons of pics as soon as I get my baby back. It's going to be a whole new beast... sorry for the wait. I can't believe it's taken this long either...
Thats cool. It sounds like some major overhauling but it sounds like it should run lile a champ when done.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i, sport, prem

Yeah... exactly. I had really really cruddy intake valves, pointing to Turbo oil leak. Plus was losing about a quart of oil every 2-3 weeks. And I figure if I'm going to run methanol, everything better be tip top.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Members

Hi everyone...

First things first, I'm really sorry for the blurry pics. These are cell phone shots, on a pretty crap phone. Hopefully it gives you a better idea of what the lip looks like...even with the blur.

So I visited my friend Erik today, detailing a Space Grey 2009 M3 I sold today to another happy customer. Since my car was on the ground today, thought i'd get a few more pics for you all.

I promise that once my baby is back together again, I'll take decent photos and update here.

Another note, my intake manifold, both turbos, engine-fan, and possibly more is out of the car... so I'm expecting it to sit even a little lower in front, once complete.

I have to say, I personally am incredibly happy with the end result. (technically not end, will paint the lower grill to get rid of the braces line). What I like best is how the lip sticks out on the side, and lines up flush with how I've got my wheels set with the spacers on there. I also like the distance it sticks out in front, more aggressive looking, but still doesn't extend further than the furthest forward edge of the front bumper cover.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

I like the innovation. I am still trying to decipher whether I like it or not for my vehicle.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by pdubq
and here's a teaser of the rear end, what's to come. tips and trim will be blacked, combination of flat and polished, not sure of the final tip look yet...

Attachment 136143
can we see the final result of the rear stock bumper cut out with quad tips. thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Members

Sure, Elie7. I'll be happy to post quality pics once my car is all back together and driving again. I think it will look better once it's out of the 'garage' environment. We're not going to use the quad-tips I picked up with the used setup I bought, they are just a little too big, and would look too crammed in the space that's there. Probably they will be dual-tip, ovular, or somewhat similar to ACS-style E60 setup. Still playing around with it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by elie7
can we see the final result of the rear stock bumper cut out with quad tips. thanks
I finally got my car back yesterday... it's amazing, like new again.

Anyways, here's a few crude pics. I'm busy all weekend, but will get her washed up and properly photo'd on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-pipes.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lipbest.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lip2.jpg  
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Looking good!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Members

Looks good man, I really like your different exhaust tips also. What kind of exhaust are you running and do you have a sound clip?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Hey I have some factory MTech side skirts that I will sell cheap. Took them off of my 2008 Dinan 550i when I installed the Hamann kit. Now I have an M5 so they are just sitting in a box. They are Carbon Black so you will need to paint them. PM me if interested.

-Mike

Quick Reply: I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...