E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by pdubq
So here's one more photo... will get more side shots when i get over to the garage myself... but for now this will have to suffice. Don't want him derailed from fixing the important stuff i'll also attach a photo of my intake valves.... looks like oil leak from turbos, given the gooey nature of the buildup, not hardened like expected... might also be the cause of my car sometimes stalling out at a stop? too much Oil in the Fuel? no idea....
Wow! I can't wait to see side pics...I might buy myself this + H & R sport springs and a CF spoiler for Christmas. Looks pretty good so far man!!!!! Good stuff
Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed, more pics! pleeeease !!!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i, sport, prem

Sure! I stopped in at Erik's shop on Friday, to check on progress... (off topic, so it'll be brief), and turbos (at least front) definitely shows indication of wear. The turbine axle has both horizontal cross axle and along-axle play. So we're leaning towards having him rebuild the turbos. Would be prudent anyways, while going to methanol injection, especially since they are already leaking too much oil ... i'll track the cost breakdown, in case it becomes a feasible option for others.

Anyways, here's more pics. These he took primarily to show the drop on the car after installing the Koni-yellows and H&R Sport springs. When I was there the car was on the lift, so there wasn't a good opportunity to get more complete angles shot...

Also, the suspension wouldn't have settled, so will likely get a little bit lower in front.

to me though, the look is perfect. Not too obvious, just a nice finishing touch. And on the side, the lip seems to line up perfectly with the front tire... i'm running stock rims with spacers at the moment (i think 18 rear 12 front? i really can't remember, but it was the general consensus for not getting rub on this forum with stock rims).
Attached Thumbnails I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-afterdrop1.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-afterdrop2.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-afterdrop3.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Members

and here's a teaser of the rear end, what's to come. tips and trim will be blacked, combination of flat and polished, not sure of the final tip look yet...

I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-rear1.jpg
Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Wow man! that carbon fiber lip looks soo much better then the non-carbon fiber...this lip and a set of black grills and black roundels would make a great budget setup! Lets see moar pics!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

and here's a teaser of the rear end, what's to come. tips and trim will be blacked, combination of flat and polished, not sure of the final tip look yet...

Attachment 136143
pretty smart idea to cover up the cut for the exhaust. what did you use to do this?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Members

I think it's aluminum... but i'll have to double check with Erik. plan is to paint it black, along with the tips...
Old 09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 12 VW Passat TDI 11 Subaru STi Sedan (GONE) 09 E60 XI 06 E46 M3 (GONE) 05 Subaru LGT (GONE) 00 Ford Lightning (GONE)

Interesting. More pics!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

and here's a teaser of the rear end, what's to come. tips and trim will be blacked, combination of flat and polished, not sure of the final tip look
Just wondering if you had anymore pics of the progress of the front lip. Im keepin my stock lci front bumper so wondering how it looks finished.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Members

Sorry Booyaazaa...

I swear it's my car, But it's still on the lift! Turbos are off though, and 2 rebuild kits + all connecting seals/gaskets/tubes have been ordered. ECS Tuning shipped the seal/gasket connector kit already, but BAE turbo systems is totally dragging their feet.

Don't worry, I will post tons of pics as soon as I get my baby back. It's going to be a whole new beast... sorry for the wait. I can't believe it's taken this long either...

Quick Reply: I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...