E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

how many hr labor for spring install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport' post='783878' date='Feb 3 2009, 12:45 AM
If you were in Southern Cali we charge $245 with 4 wheel alignment
road trip?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Members

Do you guys know of any places in DC that do this for a good price. I would do it myself but if I'm going to have to take it in for an alignment I would rather pay a couple hundred more and get someone else to install them at the same time.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Senior Members

the thing is it is def not worth it to drive 2 hr and wait for them to finish and drive 2 hr back.. def not going to get it done in one day...

i wish trinity can come here and install them but cant.....

other place that does performance stuff jacked off the price big time... so what im gonna do is let bmw install them while my car is in the shop over few days ... i know it will be expensive but i know they will get them right and if something happens i m gonna blame them... also im getting a free loaner car while doing springs...
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='784537' date='Feb 3 2009, 07:34 PM
the thing is it is def not worth it to drive 2 hr and wait for them to finish and drive 2 hr back.. def not going to get it done in one day...

i wish trinity can come here and install them but cant.....

other place that does performance stuff jacked off the price big time... so what im gonna do is let bmw install them while my car is in the shop over few days ... i know it will be expensive but i know they will get them right and if something happens i m gonna blame them... also im getting a free loaner car while doing springs...

Bad idea man, if your dealer knows you are lowering right off the bat that will be logged and it will be used for everything under the sun to void parts of you warranty.

They will blame it on non oem parts usage.

Plus they are killing you on the price. I would just suck it up and make it a day outing. Thats what I usually do.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='784544' date='Feb 3 2009, 10:46 PM
Bad idea man, if your dealer knows you are lowering right off the bat that will be logged and it will be used for everything under the sun to void parts of you warranty.

They will blame it on non oem parts usage.

Plus they are killing you on the price. I would just suck it up and make it a day outing. Thats what I usually do.
they already know i have done so much to my car...

for example, after i add my speakers to the car, something happend to the radio.... so they changed it even though i had problem with it... and headlight bulb, exhaust and others... had some problems and they took care of them...

and you are saying putting non oem parts usage it will void warrenty... well i dont use stock wheels or stock tires(one came with cars)... they dont avoid break pads and rotors even though my wheels cause them to run down quickly...

they are actually cheaper than local shops here and local shop is not giving me rental car and i need to have rental car because i have to go places alot during the day or two because they dont guarentee it will be done in one day...

i just wish i live in cali then i will get whatever i want on my car...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='784554' date='Feb 3 2009, 07:56 PM
they already know i have done so much to my car...

for example, after i add my speakers to the car, something happend to the radio.... so they changed it even though i had problem with it... and headlight bulb, exhaust and others... had some problems and they took care of them...

and you are saying putting non oem parts usage it will void warrenty... well i dont use stock wheels or stock tires(one came with cars)... they dont avoid break pads and rotors even though my wheels cause them to run down quickly...

they are actually cheaper than local shops here and local shop is not giving me rental car and i need to have rental car because i have to go places alot during the day or two because they dont guarentee it will be done in one day...

i just wish i live in cali then i will get whatever i want on my car...

A lot of dealerships try to blame aftermarket parts for any failures they can. If you have a dealership that works with you and is cheaper than go that route. I know that no dealerships up here are mod friendly and you have to fight them on everything. Its lame.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='784560' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:03 PM
A lot of dealerships try to blame aftermarket parts for any failures they can. If you have a dealership that works with you and is cheaper than go that route. I know that no dealerships up here are mod friendly and you have to fight them on everything. Its lame.
yeah well my service advisor understand of mod cars and infact he modded his car and some techs did also. technically changing wheels avoid warrenty because we modified car. I m going in because of engine oil problem and they did not void warrenty even though i have intake on them... you know if it was other shop, they would say intake voided warrenty... but not mine..

well i am going there first to check the strut and other component of the suspension to see if they are all ok so they are going to check that before putting springs..

hope it worth it...
Old 02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

Just got my car back after dropping off for service... they did it very quick.

price.. ehhh higher than whatever you guys paid in cali but i had no choice.

they gave me 6hr of labor fee... which was better than local shop which were going to charge me for 8 hrs.

well also because i had service done for my car at the same time so i got loaner car for two days for free... (except i almost flipped the car over... it was x3 and i was driving like e60)...

Also my SA gave me discount on stuff so i basically got free wheel alignment... and save around $300 from local shop.

now the problem is.. my m166 is rubbing the rear.... and i guess it is because i have spacer on..