E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

@AWT any comments on it?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

I haven't completed the retrofit myself (I've just mounted M5 mirrors with puddle lights), so I'm not shure, but when I look at the WDS it seems like you don't need more, unless if you're gonna retrofit High beam assistance aswell.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Members

I hope that someone else can shed some more light.

SP0000023560 - WDS

From WDS the link above, I think in addition to connecting pin 4 & 5 as per DIY, I may also need to connect the following pin.

Pin 3: +ve
Pin 10: Ground
Pin 1: Light Module (Guess I need that for my auto dim to deactivate when putting the car in reverse)

When I opened the mirror I saw only two wires, did not exact see which pin, but looking the at alarm system diagram below from wds I think it was pin 8 and 9 for the clown nose/alarm led.
SP0000023499 - WDS

Also I saw that in order to replace the side mirrors I have to open the door card, any DIY or suggestions? I don't want to break anything while doing this.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Members

Bump
Anybody has any ideas? As I would need those +ve and ground pins to be connected, any idea on which wires should I tap for it. Is there any connection in dome light which I can use.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d MSport auto full leather, media pack, 19" spiders.

Is there anyone in the uk who would be willing to do this retro fit for me? If so let me know how much it'll cost and when you can do it. I'll get all the bits just need them fitted. I have a 2006 msport 530d what parts do I need?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:13 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 530d MSport auto full leather, media pack, 19" spiders.

Does it matter what year car I get the mirrors from?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Members

Finally did the folding mirrors retrofit also coded KGM for comfort folding with remote. All work. yayyy
Still have to finish up the auto dimming interior and exterior mirror. My mirror do not have a voltage supply to it so I have to connect pin 3 in addition to pin 4 and 5 also have to probably connect pin 1 to light module for reverse detection. First have to figure out the pin 3 anyways.
One very important thing I would like to mention is that the door trim on LCi is extremely difficult to get off, at point I thought I will be breaking of the trim. Finally figured that once the screws were off start to unclip from the side of the door hinge, otherwise it is practically impossible to get it off.
If you do not want to replace the switch panel as well, I think you do not even need to take the entire trim piece off. Just unclip the side on the hinge then try unclipping the top side, then you should be able to pull out the door frame trim piece and unbolt the mirror.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:40 PM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw 525d

I have just purchased folding mirrors with dim function and led light.
My car is BMW E60 525D from 11. 2004 and the mirror I bought are from a BMW e60 545i from 16.12.2003.
I only have the standard window switchwith sun shadow bottun and without the mirror fold button.
If I already have the Led light, will a new switch with folding function and coding be enough to get it work?
Every BMW dealer I've asked in Denmark told me that it's not possible, and it will require new modules and lot of wiring !!!!

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Ghizzaui; 12-05-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Wrote a wrong information
Old 12-05-2013, 07:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 520d Step Auto
Smile BMW E60 LCI folding mirror install

Hi All

I have a 59 plated 520D Step auto LCI model. I would like to get it fitted with folding mirrors. I have been reading the posts but fail to get a clear answer. Hence I am going to put my questions below. I will be very grateful if I could get some advice on this topic. This is the firs time I am doing any changes to my car so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

About the car

1.) I have the function enabled which rolls up when you keep the BMW logo pressed
2.) I do not have memory seats
3.) I have contacted Dick Lovett Swindon, who said that they tried coding (not sure if the key or the car) and it did not work
4.) I am saying it is an LCI based on the fact that I have the fancy gear stick with 6 speed auto. (please correct me if I am wrong)

My questions

1.) Where can I get the folding mirror for both sides?
2.) Will additional "coding" be needed to get this enabled?
3) Who can do this and how much would it cost?
4.) will the mirror fold and windows roll up together when I keep the middle button pressed after the coding and the fitting of the folding mirrors?

Please let me know if you need any further information about my car to be able to give an accurate answer.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:35 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

First of all, no one outside of the UK understands what an "59 plate" is, or any other plate for that matter.

Anyway, you need new mirrors which have the folding option. You can buy these from eBay, your BMW parts dealer etc.They do need coding, and if you don't have LEDs under the mirrors, you need to do something about the wiring aswell. I will also recommend you to get the mirror folding button, whick requires a new control panel for the window switches (not needed if you only want the folding to work with the key). The mirrors folds on locking if you code them to do this.

Quick Reply: Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming