E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Thanks AWT. enabling autodim would be second cycle. So I can just swap the mirror and get the car coded to have folding mirrors?

So in order to have auto dimming I would need to replace my rear view mirror inside and do some additional wiring for that and get coded? correct? How difficult is it to have it wired up? is there a DIY? I also have alarm so need auto dim rear mirror with led.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

Originally Posted by likhan_s
Thanks AWT. enabling autodim would be second cycle. So I can just swap the mirror and get the car coded to have folding mirrors?

So in order to have auto dimming I would need to replace my rear view mirror inside and do some additional wiring for that and get coded? correct? How difficult is it to have it wired up? is there a DIY? I also have alarm so need auto dim rear mirror with led.

Here is BLooDs DIY for doing this. You can skip the part about the wing mirrors since thats already OK.

Since this option only is available with auto dim feature, you also need auto dim wing mirrors (you don't need the mirror glass itself if you don't want to pay that much).

You also need the switch for this.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by awt
Here is BLooDs DIY for doing this. You can skip the part about the wing mirrors since thats already OK.

Since this option only is available with auto dim feature, you also need auto dim wing mirrors (you don't need the mirror glass itself if you don't want to pay that much).

Thanks. The mirror that I will get has auto dim, but I won't just have it enabled, as I will have to first install auto-dim rear mirror wire and code that.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Members

Also is there a diy for the rear mirro auto-dim? I have seen a few but mostly are for pre-lci.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
awt
Members

The DIY I linked is for your car.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Members

I was looking for DIY for the rear view mirror retrofit for autodim, thanks I got the one for the side/wing mirror. I am planning on ordering the wing mirrors soon.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by awt

Bump

As mentioned I don't have auto dim interior/rear mirrors, but, do have light package. I plan on doing the retrofit later. I would love to have the folding first, and the folding mirrors that I am planning on getting that has auto dim, folding and lights. Will it work?

Also is there a retrofit/diy guide for the rear/interior mirror auto dim.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 PM
awt
Members

Have you even looked at the DIY? It explains the interior mirror aswell.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:22 AM
Members

Sorry my bad. Read detailed through first few pages and skipped the rest. . Thanks a lot AWT. And thanks BlooD for the DIY. Hopefully I can take out my mirror without breaking the glass.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Members

Waiting for my interior auto dim mirror, in the mean time opened my mirror today, saw that there is only two wires in there, guess they are for my clown nose, alarm led. Do I need to do any additional wiring other than the two wires mentioned in the DIY?

Quick Reply: Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming