E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan or RPI?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Can't comment on how come Eloy didn't get back to your PM but did you see his offer on post # 44 to do the dynos for free to test Socale39's quad system?
Oh, no I didn't. That's nice of him.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by west
Oh, no I didn't. That's nice of him.
If you can, send me an email directly. It has a better chance of finding its way to me.

As for the quad systems, it can be done but the cost may be high because of the testing involved. Even at $10/hr, the amount of testing we do will make a quad set up out of the price range most people are willing to pay. For a business, its not a smart decision. Although I like making stuff that works or even proving people wrong, I still need to make sure we make smart business decisions here. A lot of people in the American culture dont want to make money but they dont want others to make money. If you go and buy a $5 tube of toothpaste and find out that the store paid $1 for it, most people will be like "Damn, why cant they sell it for $2". Either way, I am willing to do things for the sake of doing it but not all the time.

Most of our custom setups are run in the $ thousands. Do I like doing it? NO, because in the end, we break closer to even than anything else. Can I make an exhaust look and sound good just like some of these "custom" jobs people are getting? Yes, I can but not unless I do it my way, which means Im going to make different prototype and test it over and over on the dyno. I have had people ask me if I can make an exhaust and they dont care about the power. They just want a nice looking set up that sounds good. I could do that but I wont because I never want the RPi name tied in with anything that I have not tested. Last thing we need is someone out there with an "RPi custom exhaust" that blows ass chunks for performance.

I really hope Socale comes out. He has nothing to lose by coming out and doing testing with us. It wont be biased either because we will record EVERYTHING. Typing on the internet and talking $%%! is easy. COming out and proving what you say is something else.

Come watch me test and see my dyno methods. Ill record YOU and I and Ill explain EVERYTHING, Every step of the process and afterwards, lets see who has anything to say about my testing methods............unless you are a crook company and dyno test with a fan blowing at the filter with the hood open...or a tuning company that runs a baseline with adaptive maps reset, etc.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Eloy,
First off, if we test the system and show a gain, you've already got a winning setup, all you have to do is fabricate it to the same specs. You and I both know that if RPI produced a quad setup that either 1) produced stock power or 2) gained power, people would be all over it! This forum already loves your product so lets make this happen. Like I stated earlier my exhaust will need to be cut to be removed, but I'm ok with that since I need to replace a resonator (Amazon sent me a slightly shorter one than I ordered ). Feel free to PM me and we can work out the details. Let me just make one thing clear, I'm not doing this as a pissing contest. I know we've had our debates but I'd really like to help, if I can, to make this a good experience for everyone involved. Who knows, maybe RPI will find it in their heart to fulfill us quad lovers
Old 02-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 545i 04 Mods: Matte White / Black car color Matte Kidney Grills Angel Eyes White Fog Lights White lights license plate M5 Body kit RPI GT Exhaust

Do you have any other mods? What type of wheels are you running? If your running a 20" wheel and running a stock car with 18" you can throw your hp gain out the window!
lol there's no mods except the RPI exhaust ,,, u can check my profile
Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 545i 04 Mods: Matte White / Black car color Matte Kidney Grills Angel Eyes White Fog Lights White lights license plate M5 Body kit RPI GT Exhaust

Show me proof, send the exhaust back and I will issue you a refund for the exhaust. What mods do you have on your car?
i love RPI but paying more than 700$ just for sound that's waste of money
so yes tell me what kind of proof you need and i'll provide..if you want a video we have record it between me and my friend 545i VS 545i in order to get refund if that's ok with u

List your mods please. Saying that the exhaust gives you no power is a false statement especially if you havent had it tested. For all we know you might have an AFE intake or something or maybe 20" wheels.
there's no mods except the RPI exhaust, no intake, all stock

waiting for your responsd & appreciate your time
Old 02-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by Shadow V8
i love RPI but paying more than 700$ just for sound that's waste of money
so yes tell me what kind of proof you need and i'll provide..if you want a video we have record it between me and my friend 545i VS 545i in order to get refund if that's ok with u
you cant go by that. just because your car is just as fast doesnt mean it didnt produce power. like eloy mentioned, there are too many factors that come into play. even tires play a major difference along with driving skills. only concrete proof there is would be a before and after dyno.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by socale39
Eloy,
First off, if we test the system and show a gain, you've already got a winning setup, all you have to do is fabricate it to the same specs. You and I both know that if RPI produced a quad setup that either 1) produced stock power or 2) gained power, people would be all over it! This forum already loves your product so lets make this happen. Like I stated earlier my exhaust will need to be cut to be removed, but I'm ok with that since I need to replace a resonator (Amazon sent me a slightly shorter one than I ordered ). Feel free to PM me and we can work out the details. Let me just make one thing clear, I'm not doing this as a pissing contest. I know we've had our debates but I'd really like to help, if I can, to make this a good experience for everyone involved. Who knows, maybe RPI will find it in their heart to fulfill us quad lovers
NO, its not a pissing contest. It really doesnt matter to me but I wanted to show you how we do things on here. Maybe after meeting me and me explaining things to you, you will see that its not in the companies best interest to make a proven quad system for the car. The cost would be just too high. Call me anytime to set up a meet to test the car. I have plenty of stock E60 dynos as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Members

you cant go by that. just because your car is just as fast doesnt mean it didnt produce power. like eloy mentioned, there are too many factors that come into play. even tires play a major difference along with driving skills. only concrete proof there is would be a before and after dyno.
you're right,,,

if there's any power gain in dyno you will notice it by a race, correct?

we have tested our cars before installing it and after , nothing!! only the sound has changed ,, so what's the point if there's ANY power gain in dyno test and you will never see the difference in the street ...

we've installed for now 2 RPI exhaust & RPI scoop on 2 cars 545i ,, if you need very good sound go for it ,, that's my opinon from experience...
Old 03-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RPIpower
I have plenty of stock E60 dynos as well.
Haha, yeah.. cause after you insisting on doing a single/dual exhaust comparison with such attention to detail, you'd be willing to use some other E60 stock baseline to compare his against it? Is that what you're suggesting? If so, come on man. When you test his system, just do it the same as my shop. Test the two exhaust systems against each other while aiming to keep all other factors the same. Simple.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^I do believe RPIpower mentioned the stock e60 files only because socale39 stated he would have to cut his set up since his current quad set up is welded on. So perhaps he was offering solution for socale39 to avoid taking off his current set up. So perhaps it's not as simple...

IIRC: all posted gains by RPI were done on the same car, recording both pre and post numbers.......

again, I believe eloy/rpipower is extending his invitation to his shop as his dyno methodolgy and posted gains are being questioned......

either way, this invitation should be taken advantage of, as to answer any doubts/questions.....

Quick Reply: Dinan or RPI?