E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Patrys
This looks great Ehssan!!!
When will the beast be fully upgraded with the CIC?

Don't remind me please , I can't wait to have it installed but still have some issues with the car and the dealer is waiting for the parts to arrive .. so should be done next week hopefully ..

I'm not gonna bother you unless I'm sure the car is 100% ready for programing/coding

I will take my time with the installation , I really need to do it clean and perfect ...
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi honestly i cant find the part number thus i am looking it around here. I have already bought the kit off germany so what i am lacking now is the idrive bezel. Can anybody be kind enough to advise me the specific part number for this part?

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
You can buy this from BMW directly. Someone posted the part number here a while ago. Search and you will find. But honestly if anyone is deciding to do this I would highly recommend that you get the ENTIRE kit from Patrys. You will struggle to get this thing complete on your own.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by marksim
Hi honestly i cant find the part number thus i am looking it around here. I have already bought the kit off germany so what i am lacking now is the idrive bezel. Can anybody be kind enough to advise me the specific part number for this part?
Contact me by email at info@modyfikacjebmw.pl
Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Don't remind me please , I can't wait to have it installed but still have some issues with the car and the dealer is waiting for the parts to arrive .. so should be done next week hopefully ..

I'm not gonna bother you unless I'm sure the car is 100% ready for programing/coding

I will take my time with the installation , I really need to do it clean and perfect ...

Oh man, sorry to hear that it has not been fixed yet.
No worries, just let me know when you have everything installed and I will do my part

I remember your car was very clean so take care of it while doing this upgrade

If it takes another 2-3 months, who knows maybe I can code it personally when I am there again
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Oh man, sorry to hear that it has not been fixed yet.
No worries, just let me know when you have everything installed and I will do my part

I remember your car was very clean so take care of it while doing this upgrade

If it takes another 2-3 months, who knows maybe I can code it personally when I am there again
nooo Hopefully it wont take 2-3 months , they were doing the annual A/C service before the hot summer started , and they found some parts needs to be changed, so I will have to wait to finish the job ...

I'll be glad to meet you again anyways
Old 03-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Well done.

How long did it take to install everything?
It didn't take very long after I had built the harnesses required. Everything is plug and play so I can return back to stock if required. The best part is that I was able to reuse the Stock Hi-Fi amp and this time around the amp that I considered too weak to run the OEM subs is perfect for running the speakers. The icing on the cake was there is no cross-over function in the amp itself, all low-pass filtering was being done in the HU so the Hi-Fi amp was just a low-in high-out. And for once I was not complaining about the size of the amp being too small as it fits very well over the glove box in the front.

This solution avoids the need to runs new wires through the car to the speakers because it reuses everything.

I like my solution much better than the hack to the OEM subs mentioned earlier on in this thread and elsewhere.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Members

Hi Bruce,

really nice idea to use the OEM-HIFI amp.

I thought all the time its a low-pass amp but based on your experience you can use it also for an additional center speaker or speakers in the rear doors.

Can the OEM-amp handle speaker signal output from a JBL MS-8?

br,
Matt
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

i don't think that amp is design to accept High inputs.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Members

Thank you. Already drop you an email.

Contact me by email at info@modyfikacjebmw.pl
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52N

Just wanted to put in a good word for Patryk in helping me out with a successful CIC retrofit. He was more than happy to spend extra time fixing up a additional issues that I had and was extremely patient and professional throughout the entire coding session (my wifi would keep cutting on and off which was annoying to say the least).

I have the HiFi option in my vehicle (2007 530i LCI) so I had to do the woofer fix with the whole jump-wiring of a few cables. Prior to the CIC retrofit, I had installed a set of BSW speaker (4 sets of midranges/tweeters) into the vehicle and it sounded fantastic for the price. Now my problem is now even after the wiring fix, is that my rear speakers would have a very profound bass and there would be no clarity at all (if I shifted the sound fader all the way to the rear). If I shifted the sound to just come out of the front, then the clarity and treble is present, however there is no bass presence at all. The only way I can come to a temporary fix is to shift the fader a few dials to the rear to sort of "balance" this out a bit.

What can I do to fix this issue? Sound is a very important aspect for me and how it is currently just doesn't sound right.

[edit] Is there some sort of a OEM sub with the HiFi option? I seem to feel a low rumble in the rear flooring but can't seem to find the source!

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG