E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E61 535dA M Packet & Yamaha R1 2007

Hi! Please , help me...I have a BMW E61 535d , without navigation , but with Logic 7 and CDC and i want to make retrofit with new CCC navigation , with new controller. I have all pieces , CID , CCC module and new controller , i put all togheter in my car , i added $609 in VO in CAS and LMA , i followed all steps form internet , but when i code my car , i get this error...please , i have few questions: when i make re-code with NCS Expert , do i need internet connection? Do i need to remove the old controller forever , before install the new one ?
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-imag0484.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by roadrunner1
Hey Guys, I just got my recall notice for the HPFP. My question is does this mean i need to swirch back to the CCC nav? Does the dealer need to reprogram anything? Really do not want to put the CCC back in if I do not need to. Thanks in advance for the help.

I should be able to send those pins and connectors to you next week. If anyone else wants to add new screen and controller connectors in parallel with the old ones for easier swapping of the CIC and CCC please shoot me an email.
I guess Ehssan should be the first one to try it for us as he received his CIC kit already
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM
New Members

Ive been lurking on this forum for quite a while now and with the help of Patryk managed to get CIC installed in my 2008 LCI E60.

The car is not coded yet but everything is working OK except the LEDs on the touchbuttons (on the CIC itself) are not lighting up.

Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by urosvog
Ive been lurking on this forum for quite a while now and with the help of Patryk managed to get CIC installed in my 2008 LCI E60.

The car is not coded yet but everything is working OK except the LEDs on the touchbuttons (on the CIC itself) are not lighting up.

Any ideas?
Let me do my job. I will take care of this when you get the coding cable
Old 03-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alanjames
Help!
I have purchased all parts required , cic, hd screen, controller and cabling ,trim etc.
And when I install them into my 2005 e60 with old ccc and voice control, HUD etc
Everything seems fine, picture and sound but car will not start just makes juddering noise.
Car is not coded yet as I am saving up for this but would of thought there would be other issues like the ones
Mentioned on this great thread .

Has anyone else had these problems or know of a solution till I get coding done.

Sorry if this is stating the obvious....have you flattened the battery!?!?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Haurar
Hi! Please , help me...I have a BMW E61 535d , without navigation , but with Logic 7 and CDC and i want to make retrofit with new CCC navigation , with new controller. I have all pieces , CID , CCC module and new controller , i put all togheter in my car , i added $609 in VO in CAS and LMA , i followed all steps form internet , but when i code my car , i get this error...please , i have few questions: when i make re-code with NCS Expert , do i need internet connection? Do i need to remove the old controller forever , before install the new one ?
Sorry I can't help you and I'm pretty sure most guys here won't be able to help you. The whole reason to get the package from Patryk is to avoid these kind of problems. This is a business for him and nobody should be expecting him to help them unless you got the cic from him. I know for fact this has been posted numerous time.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Patrys
I should be able to send those pins and connectors to you next week. If anyone else wants to add new screen and controller connectors in parallel with the old ones for easier swapping of the CIC and CCC please shoot me an email.
I guess Ehssan should be the first one to try it for us as he received his CIC kit already

hopefully i will start my installation next weekend as the car at the dealer now for few stuff to be fixed ,,

will post a few pictures for the installation specially the parallel CCC/CIC I-drive controller - the pre-LCI/LCI climate control and the CCC/CIC screen ,,,

I was told by the service advisor at the dealer today that if my car went for any job at the dealer with the CIC installed , immediately I will loose my warranty ,, so the swap is a must for me ,,,
Old 03-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
hopefully i will start my installation next weekend as the car at the dealer now for few stuff to be fixed ,,

will post a few pictures for the installation specially the parallel CCC/CIC I-drive controller - the pre-LCI/LCI climate control and the CCC/CIC screen ,,,

I was told by the service advisor at the dealer today that if my car went for any job at the dealer with the CIC installed , immediately I will loose my warranty ,, so the swap is a must for me ,,,

That's interesting. I know a few people taking their cars to US dealers with the CIC without any issues.
Your dealership might not understand it is 100% OEM modification, but it's better to do what they want just to be safe
Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrys

Thanks Patryk, this will make things easier for me. I too have extended warranty and do not want to loose that.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BestGear
Sorry if this is stating the obvious....have you flattened the battery!?!?
Ye battery is fine.
Having stuck with it i managed to get car starting.
What was happening was car would not start but sat nav seemed to be working fine,
Then after a while sat nav was Trying to boot up and car started fine.
So now I have no nav or phone not dialing out, but I guess this is coding issue.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG