E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrunner1
IceyTys, warranty is a consideration that i have been fighting with. I even have extended warranty. When it's time for updates i would have to switch units back to CCC. Not sure if the mod will effect my warrant it is something i need to clarify with my service advisor. I'm sure it will be affected or they will say it well be affected. I may have to put this mod on ice for a bit if that is the case.
The warranty will not be a problem if you swap the CIC with the CCC before taking your car in. The process is easy and quick when you do it the second time.
I have customers who take their cars with the CIC to BMW with no issues, but I guess it depends on your dealership.
All parts are OEM, so I don't think they would have a right to void your warranty. No coding is needed when swapping the units, so personally I can't see a reason why they would like to void your warranty.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Patrys
The warranty will not be a problem if you swap the CIC with the CCC before taking your car in. The process is easy and quick when you do it the second time.
I have customers who take their cars with the CIC to BMW with no issues, but I guess it depends on your dealership.
All parts are OEM, so I don't think they would have a right to void your warranty. No coding is needed when swapping the units, so personally I can't see a reason why they would like to void your warranty.
+1
Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Members

I already have the 2009.12 CIC installed in my 2010 E60 535i. Does it come with the combox? Is there a way I can tell?

Do you think just a software update would be enough to have the mobile office feature?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cookiesowns
I already have the 2009.12 CIC installed in my 2010 E60 535i. Does it come with the combox? Is there a way I can tell?

Do you think just a software update would be enough to have the mobile office feature?
The Combox was never officially available for the E60. If you are interested in doing this retrofit send me an email at info@modyfikacjebmw.pl

Patryk
Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 AM
New Members

Hello guys, I'm also going to do such retrofit, planning to start with changing old controller to new one. One thing is confusing me - the plastic frame for controller. Nelson said in this comment that you need 51169155970 and 51169155987. On the factory vehicle it looks like this:

But on Georgieb's photo it looks different, with wide border: Here

Can you tell what's p/n of the frame on the last link? I found no BMW models with such frame.
Thx!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by injener
Hello guys, I'm also going to do such retrofit, planning to start with changing old controller to new one. One thing is confusing me - the plastic frame for controller. Nelson said in this comment that you need 51169155970 and 51169155987. On the factory vehicle it looks like this:

But on Georgieb's photo it looks different, with wide border: Here

Can you tell what's p/n of the frame on the last link? I found no BMW models with such frame.
Thx!
Yes, the p/n that i posted at the beggining were not the correct one. Contact Patryk for more info on the correct frame.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Russ @ Octave just finish installing the controller for me, he also installed the SAT shifter refrofit
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-car-pics-039.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-car-pics-040.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-car-pics-041.jpg  
Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Guys, the USB cable was a bit tricky routing it to the back of the glovebox. I don't think it was necessary to take the glovebox out. But I'm a couple inches short, it seems like I didn't route efficiently. It's the yellowish white cable? Unless I substituted a different cable that had a shorter length? Any suggestions?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Contributors

Ok, thanks for the tip Patrys.....it was through the passenger footwell.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Just something before I publish a full DIY. IT IS POSSIBLE to swap the LCI A/C buttons into the pre-LCI AC. Doing this is much safer because I know my car is fine with the current AC. But it requires a lot of time and patience.

For anyone starting this mod I would recommend the following order.

1. Install the CIC controller.
2. Modify the A/C.
3. Work out what you are going to do about the sound if you have the EU Hi-Fi (US Std) sound. L7 and Individual Sound guys don't need to bother with this.
4. Lastly swap out the screen and CIC itself.

This way you are doing the most time consuming parts first. Ofcourse if you have no patience reverse the order but be prepared to keep pulling things out again!

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG