E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hey Nelson,
Judging by the shear number of emoticons in your post I'm guessing you're really happy about this. Ha ha. Congrats bro!! Patryk is a wizard.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

How hard was it to wire, and could you reverse it easily if you needed to put the old CCC back in for reprograming? I'd love to pick one of these up and do it when I do my CiC in a week or two.
Dkoren,
You'll find everything there is to know about re-wiring your CIC, Climate Control Module, woofers and even new iDrive Controller, right in this thread. Although there is a cable configuration change for the video feed to the LCD, and a small cut n' splice for the climate control along with a possible cut n' splice depending on if you have a pre LCI logic 7 system, I would say that you can return everything back to normal including the CCC re-install within 30-45 minutes. They question is, why would you want to?

By referring to the Digital Cluster, what Nelson means is that we are now also able to display speed in the cluster's LCD display as a digital representation of actual speed along with the dials. Just like the M5.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Dkoren,
You'll find everything there is to know about re-wiring your CIC, Climate Control Module, woofers and even new iDrive Controller, right in this thread. Although there is a cable configuration change for the video feed to the LCD, and a small cut n' splice for the climate control along with a possible cut n' splice depending on if you have a pre LCI logic 7 system, I would say that you can return everything back to normal including the CCC re-install within 30-45 minutes. They question is, why would you want to

By referring to the Digital Cluster, what Nelson means is that we are now also able to display speed in the cluster's LCD display as a digital representation of actual speed along with the dials. Just like the M5.

Sorry I should have been more specific, I mean the Climate Control module, I've seen the instructions but I was wondering how hard it was to do that portion. The CiC should be a breeze.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Contributors

Sorry I should have been more specific, I mean the Climate Control module, I've seen the instructions but I was wondering how hard it was to do that portion. The CiC should be a breeze.
Dkoren,
Well, you'll be cutting one of the wires from the CC cable, splicing one end to GND and the other end to 12V DC. Both GND and 12V can be found on the associated power cable for the CC module. Providing you have the right tools and the right hardware for the splice (see my Logic 7 wiring mod in this thread), you'll be good to go.

I'll be doing this mod in the very near future. If you'd like I'll post a few pics to put your mind at ease.

Cheers.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Members

Dkoren,
Well, you'll be cutting one of the wires from the CC cable, splicing one end to GND and the other end to 12V DC. Both GND and 12V can be found on the associated power cable for the CC module. Providing you have the right tools and the right hardware for the splice (see my Logic 7 wiring mod in this thread), you'll be good to go.

I'll be doing this mod in the very near future. If you'd like I'll post a few pics to put your mind at ease.

Cheers.

Cool, I figured it was easy but I also had nightmares of having to pull way more out to do the splicing.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Here's what else my car was getting fitted with

Old 09-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Contributors

Wow Nelson!
Is that a suade head-liner that you are doing? Man, that just looks sick! There's a mod you don't see every day. You're turning you E60 into a show car. Tell us more about it. How long did it take, did you have it professionally done and if you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29
Hi Guys ,

I was able to install and code the lci climate control panel earlier today with Patryk ,

I also got the digital cluster, remote windows opening/closing and traffi info for the CIC
The CIC retrofit becomes more and more complete now

Now it's time to fit the new iDrive controller, which is in progress...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Wow Nelson!
Is that a suade head-liner that you are doing? Man, that just looks sick! There's a mod you don't see every day. You're turning you E60 into a show car. Tell us more about it. How long did it take, did you have it professionally done and if you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?
Nigel,

Its actually Alcantara. It takes about 1-2 days to get done. Yes, i got professionally done and i paid $750. The Alcantara is very expensive compare to suede, about $90-$100 a yard compared to $20-$30 a yard for the suede.

I love this mod, it gives the interior an extra luxury look and feel.

Here's some pics on an E92 black headliner he did.
http://cfbmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9333

Im also redoing the door pods to make it look more OEM, Here's some pics of whats going in there

Dynaudio Esotar2 650's

Old 09-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Patrys
The CIC retrofit becomes more and more complete now

Now it's time to fit the new iDrive controller, which is in progress...
Really loking forward to retrofiting the controller Patryk

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG