E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Business Navigation retrofit & dension gateway 500/mobridge

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kekkos do you have a step by step guide on how to remove the cd unit and fit the nav?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 03 BMW E60 520i - Steptronic - Black Sapphire - Style 116 wheels (Pirelli PZero Rosso) - PDC - Beige Dakota Leather - Dark Poplar Wood

Originally Posted by Dav530d' post='675570' date='Sep 22 2008, 10:49 PM
Kekkos do you have a step by step guide on how to remove the cd unit and fit the nav?
I don't have a step by step guide but is quite easy. Search the forum on how to remove central trim. Having remove the trim is only two screws to remove the HU. Replacing M-ASK with M-ASK Business navigation doesn't required anything else. Remember you need to install the antenna if you need navigation which is not an easy task. A forum member decided not to install E60 antenna which is installed in the fin on the roof and installed E39 antenna under the dash (more on this thread)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Members

My Ride: e61 535d Silver grey, black dakota leather, M sports package, shadowline, panorama roof, xenon, PDC, privacy glass HUD, NAV PRO, automatic transmission, sport seats, heated front and rear seats, adaptive cruise control, bluetooth, digital TV, PS3, rear sunshades, remap 322 BHP/670 NM

I am getting my Dension gateway 500 installed today and although I thought I had MP3 capability, it now turns out I don't! Is it OK to have the GW500 installed anyway and than later have the MP3 capability retrofitted at the BMW dealer, or do you really have to have the MP3 capability first?

Is this correct: when I have installed the GW500 without MP3 capability I can use my ipod, but not via the Idrive?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 03 BMW E60 520i - Steptronic - Black Sapphire - Style 116 wheels (Pirelli PZero Rosso) - PDC - Beige Dakota Leather - Dark Poplar Wood

Originally Posted by rusty' post='676670' date='Sep 24 2008, 05:12 AM
I am getting my Dension gateway 500 installed today and although I thought I had MP3 capability, it now turns out I don't! Is it OK to have the GW500 installed anyway and than later have the MP3 capability retrofitted at the BMW dealer, or do you really have to have the MP3 capability first?

Is this correct: when I have installed the GW500 without MP3 capability I can use my ipod, but not via the Idrive?
You ask the same question in two threads. I've already answer it here.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Members

My Ride: e61 535d Silver grey, black dakota leather, M sports package, shadowline, panorama roof, xenon, PDC, privacy glass HUD, NAV PRO, automatic transmission, sport seats, heated front and rear seats, adaptive cruise control, bluetooth, digital TV, PS3, rear sunshades, remap 322 BHP/670 NM

Originally Posted by kekkos' post='676946' date='Sep 24 2008, 10:36 AM
You ask the same question in two threads. I've already answer it here.

True... Just wanted to be sure nobody would miss my question, because it is already getting installed today... But thanks!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rusty' post='676953' date='Sep 24 2008, 12:20 PM
True... Just wanted to be sure nobody would miss my question, because it is already getting installed today... But thanks!
How did installation go?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kekkos' post='677242' date='Sep 24 2008, 08:32 PM
How did installation go?

I hope to get my car back by tomorrow, but it'll probably be Friday... They have to do some other stuff as well. Screens in the headrests, upgrade the alarmsystem and make a cradle for my iphone in the ashtray.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Members

Well, I got my car back today, but I am not amused... The digital TV while driving and the screens in the headrests look and work great, but the GW500 gives problems... It worked in the shop with an ipod nano they used for testing, but as soon as I attached my iphone to it, it didn't work! It shows on the IDrive screen that it's playing song 99 and the seconds are counting, but you cannot hear any sound of it. The guy in the shop was surprised as well, but thinks he might need to update the software on the GW500. I hope everything will be solved after that, because now it's useless...
Old 09-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

I got my Gw500 from Joe(Fantastic 5). I followed the excellent write ups from Muttley and used Bruce Miranda's method of 'no splicing' hook-up. Worked llike a charm! Took me about 1.5 hours, but i think I could do it in less than 45 minutes now. The Dension is a nice piece, but as stated previously, the instructions are a little lacking. Bruce's method cost me $30 in BMW parts. Is it worth it? I don't know...it's certainly neat, but I could have saved $25 and used some inline splicers. The dension works as advertised on the website.

My only problem is that my idrive knob gives me resistance when i try to scroll. It did the same thing when I was playing mp3's from the cd slot, so I don't think it's a function of the dension. Has anyone encountered this problem and is there a fix?

If anyone needs help w/ the install, drop me a line!

Will
Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Yesterday I managed to finish the installation of BTA1500. We didn't have to program the car (only encoding was needed, that's was the reason bluetooth was partially working) to enable full bluetooth functionality. I'm now able to browse contacts and initiate/answer calls using the i-drive. I'll post some pictures of my setup tomorrow. The only problem now, is the microphone of BTA1500. My voice on the other end is hardly audible. I remember reading on a Porsche forum about this and the solution seems to be the replacement of the microphone. Dension's representative here in Cyprus suggested the same. I'll give it a try and if the quality doesn't improve I'm planning to replace the microphone with a BMW one (part number: 84 31 6 938 762).

Quick Reply: Business Navigation retrofit & dension gateway 500/mobridge