E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux. Output

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

The "connected drive" thing is in th works for many car makers and BMW probably won't be the first to put it into a production car. Basically, the thought is you pull up into your garage and you can download from the car to your computer, or you can download from your computer to the car. So for music, there would be no more CD burning or downloading files from the computer and then transferring them to the car via an ipod or phatbox, etc. Luckily, I may get to work on one of these systems when I complete my assignment in Mexico. I am looking forward to it!!!

One more important question for me. With TurboDman's install, should I really reconsider making Navigation one of my options? I know the screen will be bigger, but it seems as though to me that for the money, I could get a lot more. TurboDman, can you use your I-Drive knob to control any of those functions? I am not a big fan of a lot of remotes.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:03 AM

TurboMan,
How do you control your computer? What are the input devices?
Old 11-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

He's using an RF mouse like the ones used during PowerPoint presentations. (Logitech Trackman Live, etc.)

He points it out in one of the photos...
Old 11-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Aron no besicly i created another i-drive with my carputer install. So when i am in the car my computer is always runing. I mostly use my RF Powerpoint what Rudy pointed out for controls with in the computer, i have not had a system malfunction or anything like that yet, i guess i am lucky so far, but i do have a usb cable wired from teh trunk to my drivers side foot pannel if i ever need to use the keyboard.

Anyways guys if you are intrested in doing this kind of a setup this guy i met is putting carputers together and actually has a video overlay for the existing screen this is his web site.

http://www.digitalicetechnology.com/

He builds computers which are satelite radio ready and navigation completed. If your not a do it your selfer it be a nice solution for you.

A little bit off topic quick question which do you preffer AC or Hamann Apperence kit? i am leaning to AC i just think it flows so much better with the cars lines
Old 11-07-2004, 05:33 PM
JDN
Contributors

With all that technology, he appears to have a problem with simple links on his website. I only tried two links and neither worked.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Hey TurboDman, you should forward your pics to the "Screen Savers" on TechTV or whatever they call that channel now...

I'll bet they'd do a feature on your car.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Cool!! I like to have that set up too. Epia or some other micro ATX motherboard or maybe some industrial computer. 200-300 Gb hard disk and WLAN or BT connection to home computer for downloading music/videos to carputer.

I need to have that video module!! Anyone like to make order together, maybe some of our US friends like to help?

Skaffa
Old 11-08-2004, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Nov 6 2004, 07:32 PM
I've now gone to the second BMW dealership (South Bay BMW) that is stating they cannot install it.? I even showed the guy the English instructions and he said that he didn't know where those came from and this install is not in his computer.? He stated that the aux input is only authorized for E39 installations.? I think I am going to start calling independent BMW repair locations as I'm ready to give up on the dealerships.
[snapback]53385[/snapback]
Now I've gone to two independent BMW repair facilities, seems like none of them have bought the new computers to upgrade the idrive. They stated there is no need while the cars are still under warranty. I'd REALLY like to do this upgrade, but have found no one in LA / Orange County, CA to do it. I called BMW NA and they stated it is not an authorized US upgrade either. Any suggestions besides shipping it to Michigan?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 8 2004, 06:45 PM
[quote name='redondoman' date='Nov 6 2004, 07:32 PM']I've now gone to the second BMW dealership (South Bay BMW) that is stating they cannot install it.? I even showed the guy the English instructions and he said that he didn't know where those came from and this install is not in his computer.? He stated that the aux input is only authorized for E39 installations.? I think I am going to start calling independent BMW repair locations as I'm ready to give up on the dealerships.
[snapback]53385[/snapback]
Now I've gone to two independent BMW repair facilities, seems like none of them have bought the new computers to upgrade the idrive. They stated there is no need while the cars are still under warranty. I'd REALLY like to do this upgrade, but have found no one in LA / Orange County, CA to do it. I called BMW NA and they stated it is not an authorized US upgrade either. Any suggestions besides shipping it to Michigan?
[snapback]53963[/snapback]
[/quote]

Forgot to log in. Previous post is me.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Nov 3 2004, 04:51 PM
It was me!
[snapback]52473[/snapback]

Hey my530i.... did you get your part installed yet?? Some Americans want to know!!

Quick Reply: Aux. Output